Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-26-2018, 04:48 PM   #2641

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnolia Tom View Post
That's one heck of a repair list!
I'd be of the same mindset too Rock. My dealers service manager let me look at Jayco's directions on fixing my crack issue. Basically remove the pin box and panel under the front cap to access the framing from below. Then to do some additional welding and bracing to the frame. So, I think (maybe foolish) they could do it. If they need to do all the things you need to have done, no way I'd let them even try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi Tom. My 2016 just cracked as well. I could do the fix myself and have the fiberglass fixed by my buddy. Is there any way you could get a copy of or drawing of what the fix is so I can do it. You can email it to me at bradsampson@outlook.com
Did you ever get this cracking issue fixed???
bradsampson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 05:38 PM   #2642

Mods to 377 RLBH?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradsampson View Post
Hi Tom. My 2016 just cracked as well. I could do the fix myself and have the fiberglass fixed by my buddy. Is there any way you could get a copy of or drawing of what the fix is so I can do it. You can email it to me at bradsampson@outlook.com

Did you ever get this cracking issue fixed???

Brad

I do not have anything to provide you other than my experience with what the dealer did to fix the crack. My crack has come back again and I am getting Jayco to fix it in Indiana. I believe if you look for a thread on “exterior crack”, one of the members actually has the repair instructions from Jayco.

My repair consisted of the dealer removing the sidewall, adding and extra stud and cross brace and welding in a gusset.

Here’s the thread
Exterior Crack -Please help
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...9&share_type=t

Magnolia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 05:43 PM   #2643

Quote:
Brad

I do not have anything to provide you other than my experience with what the dealer did to fix the crack. My crack has come back again and I am getting Jayco to fix it in Indiana. I believe if you look for a thread on “exterior crack”, one of the members actually has the repair instructions from Jayco.

My repair consisted of the dealer removing the sidewall, adding and extra stud and cross brace and welding in a gusset.

Here’s the thread
Exterior Crack -Please help
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...9&share_type=t

Tom, did your dealer try to do the fix, including the welding, or are you just waiting for Jayco to do the weld fix
bradsampson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 06:09 PM   #2644

My dealer has “fixed” the crack 3 times. First just cosmetic repair that didn’t last more than a minute (cracked again as soon as they pick it up with the forklift). Second was the full blown repair with welding. Third was a minor repair with cosmetic repair that didn’t work either. So, now I’m sending the trailer back to Indiana to get fixed.

Old 08-27-2018, 02:32 PM   #2645

I has the same experience as Tom as soon as they picked it up with the fork lift, it cracked again. Mine is going back to the mothership for repair.
MadJoker TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 07:35 PM   #2646

Had my kitchen slide fixed again today.
New motor on fridge side, new harness. When that didn’t fix the problem they put in a known working control module and all seems good now. Knock wood.
They also sprayed the rollers with silicon, that sure made it roll in smoother.
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 07:42 PM   #2647

Klassic

Hope your slide is fixed once and for all so you can get back to camping and enjoying the outdoors. From the sounds of things, it seems like you’ve got all new components for it all. [emoji3]

Old 08-27-2018, 07:45 PM   #2648

Quote:
Klassic

Hope your slide is fixed once and for all so you can get back to camping and enjoying the outdoors. From the sounds of things, it seems like you’ve got all new components for it all. [emoji3]
Now it is all new except for the back motor.

Have you tried spraying silicon on your roller axels and on the rollers?
Old 08-27-2018, 07:47 PM   #2649

Quote:
Originally Posted by klassic View Post
Now it is all new except for the back motor.

Have you tried spraying silicon on your roller axels and on the rollers?

I haven’t but by the sounds of it, I probably will be doing that tomorrow [emoji3]

Old 08-28-2018, 10:29 AM   #2650

Quote:
Originally Posted by klassic View Post
Had my kitchen slide fixed again today.
New motor on fridge side, new harness. When that didn’t fix the problem they put in a known working control module and all seems good now. Knock wood.
They also sprayed the rollers with silicon, that sure made it roll in smoother.
Over the weekend I sprayed the ends of the rollers with silicone spray and noticed quite a bit of difference in the smoothness of the slide. I'm going to make that part of routine maintenance.
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 09:14 AM   #2651

I got an early start this morning before I left for work...I lubed the rollers with some silicone under the kitchen slide and I installed the Micro Air Easy Start. I didn't take any pics because I forgot to bring my phone up there, but I assure you Tom that it happened!

I'm impressed with the Easy Start. I have my 30/15 (the 30 side has a 15 step down on it) adapter plugged in with 2 extension cords run to the front of the house plugged into 2 of the house 110 receptacles and the A/C fires up like a champ with the fridge and some lights on. No more sweating while loading up!!! I just wish I had found the video below before I purchased...I could have gotten a discount. Maybe I'll call and see if they would refund me the discount???

Edit: I should note that I only put one in the main living area A/C, as that's all I would run while loading up.
Old 08-29-2018, 02:00 PM   #2652

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookemdanno View Post
I got an early start this morning before I left for work...I lubed the rollers with some silicone under the kitchen slide and I installed the Micro Air Easy Start. I didn't take any pics because I forgot to bring my phone up there, but I assure you Tom that it happened!

I'm impressed with the Easy Start. I have my 30/15 (the 30 side has a 15 step down on it) adapter plugged in with 2 extension cords run to the front of the house plugged into 2 of the house 110 receptacles and the A/C fires up like a champ with the fridge and some lights on. No more sweating while loading up!!! I just wish I had found the video below before I purchased...I could have gotten a discount. Maybe I'll call and see if they would refund me the discount???

Edit: I should note that I only put one in the main living area A/C, as that's all I would run while loading up.

Lol Dan!! How can we know for sure without pics? [emoji23]

Btw, how does the slide operate after spraying the silicone lube?

Old 08-29-2018, 02:06 PM   #2653

Quote:
Lol Dan!! How can we know for sure without pics? [emoji23]

Btw, how does the slide operate after spraying the silicone lube?

It actually seems to be less of a struggle coming in/out...Don’t get me wrong, it still struggles, but less so than before.
Old 08-29-2018, 02:24 PM   #2654

Dan you really need to go back up on the roof and remove the easy start and start the install over and take step by step pictures this time.

How else are we REALLY going to know if you did the install??
jasum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 03:08 PM   #2655

So I just sprayed the silicone on the rollers. It did help a little. Also went ahead and sprayed dry lube on the schwintek track, motor, gib as directed in the YouTube video. I also wiped down the seals with some silicone spray. After that, all the slides are much, much smoother [emoji3]

Old 08-29-2018, 04:12 PM   #2656

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasum View Post
Dan you really need to go back up on the roof and remove the easy start and start the install over and take step by step pictures this time.

How else are we REALLY going to know if you did the install??
I know Jack...I definitely should have had my phone up on the roof with me to take a few pics...my wiring was different than what was in the youtube video I shared. My white wire coming from the compressor went directly to the capacitor instead of the board that was shown in the video. You definitely need to have some electrical skills, but it wasn't that hard. Just take your time and make sure you follow all the wiring diagrams and know where all the wires are going to.
Old 08-29-2018, 06:43 PM   #2657

My screws are loose!

Another item to add to y’alls check lists...I happened to look up at my awning tonight while loading up and one of the set screws holding the collar on is missing. See the pics below. 1st pic is main awning with missing screw, 2nd pic is the secondary awning with screw.
Attached Thumbnails
BBFD56B5-D057-444D-836F-D6445B204587.jpg   DF10EE88-245A-4917-95B5-3724F9EDBD2D.jpg  
Old 08-29-2018, 06:55 PM   #2658

Quote:
Another item to add to y’alls check lists...I happened to look up at my awning tonight while loading up and one of the set screws holding the collar on is missing. See the pics below. 1st pic is main awning with missing screw, 2nd pic is the secondary awning with screw.
Happened to both of mine also. I know have 4 rivets holding those collars on each awning.
MadJoker TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 10:27 PM   #2659

Tom .. can you take a picture of where to lube the gibs.
I’ve looked. I don’t know what I’m looking at.
Old 08-30-2018, 01:26 AM   #2660

Quote:
Dan are they rivets missing or screws? I think mine are rivets.
jasum is offline   Reply With Quote