Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-31-2016, 10:00 AM   #261

I installed my EMS with the help of you guys on the forum, made it easy because I thought about cutting out the back behind the Circuit panel instead of just removing the Circuit panel, big help. This weekend I just replaced the kitchen faucet with a highrise one, only took 3 trips to finially get the right adapter. Made some additional shelfs for the pantry but now thinking about installing full pull out shelves or drawers like they put in the bottom, would make it a lot easier to get stuff in and out. Magnolia Tom, I am interested in how easy it was to replace the shower faucet, we want to make that change. Did you go with a residential one?
eklav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 11:49 AM   #262

For anyone interested, I did find the list of upgrades to the 2017 377RLBH.. I did see most of these features when we saw it yesterday.

2017 Jayco North Point 377RLBH

Features may include:
Interior
Hallway steps changing to wood-look tough composite
Added kick plate to screen doors
Changed to Maxx Air attic fans in kitchen and bath
Added a wall switch to control dinette light and wall sconce
Added LED lighting to underside of select kitchen cabinetry
Changed bathroom doors on select floorplans to sliding pocket doors
Upgraded interior passage doors to ML style doors
Changed to Simmons residential mattress in main bedroom
Changed to black range top
Added motion sensor to wardrobe lighting
Redesigned kitchens
ALL floorplans to include:
Dedicated spot for a trash can, either a drawer or cavity under sink
Drawer large enough for pots and pans
Drawer with silverware dividers
Dedicated storage rack for sink covers
Exterior
Front and rear decals changing from "Jayco" to "North Point"
12" I-beams on all floorplans
Upgraded exterior fiberglass to higher gloss material
All exterior lights now LED
Keyed Alike exterior door locking system
Delete EZ Stow cargo tray from standard features
New non-crank TV antennae
UpstateNYer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 04:51 PM   #263

Awesome... Thanks Upstate!

I'm betting a few bucks they changed to 12" frame because the leveling jacks are making the 10" frame flex too much. Potential Schwintek binding fix.
My rig moans and groans like an old man getting out of a waterbed when I press auto level.

I want to know more about this crankless antenna.
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 05:12 PM   #264

Quote:
Originally Posted by klassic View Post
Awesome... Thanks Upstate!

I'm betting a few bucks they changed to 12" frame because the leveling jacks are making the 10" frame flex too much. Potential Schwintek binding fix.
My rig moans and groans like an old man getting out of a waterbed when I press auto level.

I want to know more about this crankless antenna.
Looks like a little batwing and sits at the front roof area right next to the optional 2nd a/c unit. Going to get a few more measurements tomorrow night, will try to snap a few pictures of the upgrades listed. Have my work cut out this weekend. Need to empty our 14 Sprinter 316BIK out and get it off the site so new Jayco can be delivered on 6/11... I was happily surprised that these upgrades came for the new model year, especially since we lost out on a 2016 model last week. Ended up giving us the same price on the new model year! There is also some type of 12V moniter panel mounted near the stairs.. Showed battery voltage etc.. Didn't remember seeing it on the 16 we looked at.

Old 05-31-2016, 05:20 PM   #265

Quote:
lol!

Really not funny but I love the analogy....

Old 05-31-2016, 06:10 PM   #266

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateNYer View Post
Looks like a little batwing and sits at the front roof area right next to the optional 2nd a/c unit. Going to get a few more measurements tomorrow night, will try to snap a few pictures of the upgrades listed. Have my work cut out this weekend. Need to empty our 14 Sprinter 316BIK out and get it off the site so new Jayco can be delivered on 6/11... I was happily surprised that these upgrades came for the new model year, especially since we lost out on a 2016 model last week. Ended up giving us the same price on the new model year! There is also some type of 12V moniter panel mounted near the stairs.. Showed battery voltage etc.. Didn't remember seeing it on the 16 we looked at.
Our 2016 voltage monitor is next to the bathroom door on the side of the bunk!
Progressive EMS Hardwired
Beautiful Wife and Beautiful 11 YO Daughter
Standard Goldendoodle and Miniture Poodledoodle
Kahoneys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 06:55 PM   #267

Just wanted to say HI, UpstateNYer! I'm right across the river from you in DeFreestville.....

Hope you enjoy the 377RLBH. We'll be going out on our first trip with ours (with some friends from Loudonville) on July 4 weekend, to the Wilmington / Lake Placid area.

2014 RAM Laramie 2500 w/6.7L Cummins Diesel and Automated Safety Hitch
2016 377RLBH Jayco North Point
300W of Suntech Solar w/Rogue MPPT Controller & Xantrex 2000W PSW Inverter
Fire_Instructor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 07:01 PM   #268

Quote:
Looks like a little batwing and sits at the front roof area right next to the optional 2nd a/c unit.
There is also some type of 12V moniter panel mounted near the stairs.. Showed battery voltage etc.. Didn't remember seeing it on the 16 we looked at.
There was a review thread running on RV.net on the non-crank TV antenna's, and the vas majority that had them reported that they wished that they had the "old" crank-up type! I hope that you have better success than they reported!!!

The space between the bath and the loft bunk is where I mounted the on/off switch for my 2000w inverter and the control panel for my solar converter/charger. Had to disassemble the over toilet storage cabinet, but that gave me access to the wall chase where i could get to the basement with the cables that I needed for each.

Old 05-31-2016, 07:40 PM   #269

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire_Instructor View Post
Just wanted to say HI, UpstateNYer! I'm right across the river from you in DeFreestville.....

Hope you enjoy the 377RLBH. We'll be going out on our first trip with ours (with some friends from Loudonville) on July 4 weekend, to the Wilmington / Lake Placid area.
Enjoy! Love the Lake Placid area. We went to Mirror Lake in January and had a great time! If you like micro brews be sure to try the Lake Placid Brew Pub.. Also there is a very good BBQ restaurant on the main drag in Mirror Lake called Smoke Signals. Spent many weekends at Wilmington Notch State CG growing up, haven't been there in years. Currently we have a seasonal site on Sacandaga Lake. Hoping to keep this 5er for the long haul to retirement (15 years or so)at which time we may go full time.

And thank you for all your input here! Lots of great info!

Old 05-31-2016, 07:45 PM   #270

Quote:
There was a review thread running on RV.net on the non-crank TV antenna's, and the vas majority that had them reported that they wished that they had the "old" crank-up type! I hope that you have better success than they reported!!!

The space between the bath and the loft bunk is where I mounted the on/off switch for my 2000w inverter and the control panel for my solar converter/charger. Had to disassemble the over toilet storage cabinet, but that gave me access to the wall chase where i could get to the basement with the cables that I needed for each.
Luckily we don't need to use it anyways, we have Time Warner in the campground with internet as well. The people that don't have cable are lucky to get 3 or 4 digital channels with their crank ups to begin with, so if there are reports of people not being happy with the batwing I'm sure reception will be terrible. I'll give it a try though just to see. Love all the mods you have done!

Old 05-31-2016, 08:22 PM   #271

Quote:
If you like micro brews be sure to try the Lake Placid Brew Pub..!
I used to have Essex County as one of my counties, when I was a Field Rep. Spent Y2K in Raybrook, worked the Turner Winter Good-Will Games, worked the first few Iron Man competitions, the Red August Wildfires, the Noonmark Mountain Fire....... I've logged a LOT of time in that area, and ESPECIALLY at the LP BrewPub. I like the basement bar area, with all the locals, and copious volumes of UBU!!!

Old 05-31-2016, 09:20 PM   #272

Fire Instructor, did I miss posts from you and your solar install?
My Morningstar controller is on the way. I'm diving into the solar world.
Let's see some pictures of your install.
I always like looking at solar pics and install tips.
Old 05-31-2016, 09:37 PM   #273

Still in-progress. Had my controller in, and it working fine, except that it wouldn't output to the remote panel that I mounted in the main hallway. Marc, the owner of Rouge and I tried troubleshooting it remotely, but in the end, last Friday I pulled it, and sent it back to him to bench-test, to see what the problem is. I'm reusing this controller from the previous trailer that I had, and it's always worked fine, except that I never had a remote display, so we don't know if my remote display output ever worked!

Battery bank is all in and tested fine, the Xantrex 2000w inverter is in and tested fine. I still need to run a 20A 120v (12-2/g) wire from the Xantrex underbody to the area of the umbilical plug in, where I will install a weatherproof outlet. I'll then be able to connect a pigtail to the umbilcal connection, plugging the trailer into itself, and that will supply all of my 120v outlets and appliances. I just need to turn off the breaker on the main panel for the 12v inverter (so that i'm not using 12v to convert to 120v, so that I can recharge 12v), and switch my fridge to LP.

Finally, I still need to mount my roof panels. I have everything that I need for that except the aluminum feet. I may have them by the weekend, though.... I've dot a roll of Eternabond, a couple tubes of Dicor, the cables, everything except the feet.....

I'm collecting photos, and when I'm done, I'll post a detailed description with photo links. The similar very lengthy post that I made for my previous Rockwood is still a "sticky" in the Forest River Forums "Modifications" discussion.....

Old 05-31-2016, 09:59 PM   #274

I've been looking a Z brackets all night. I can't find anything suitable.
I'm getting a single 260w panel and it's 5'5 long. I could mount it on the front of the roof (lots of room) but the MC4 connector is near the back AC unit so I would need about 12' of cable from the panel to the roof top connection and secure the cable to the roof.
Or I can turn the panel sideways in front of the AC unit, right beside the roof connector, but the roof has about a 2" arc and I can't find any z brackets tall enough to keep the middle of the panel off the roof.

Still trying to figure the easiest way to mount it.
Old 05-31-2016, 10:10 PM   #275

I am having aluminum Unistrut cut to 12" pieces for under each foot on the panel (six feet per panel). This will give me better roof attachment, and will allow me to use aluminum ell brackets as feet. These will attack by clevis pin to the home made hinged pivots that I made for each panel. This gives me four direction tilting to almost any angle that I need to maximize solar charging, especially during long stays while boon docking.

I'll post a link to my stuck post in the Forest a River forum. You can view that as a guest, without getting a UN or PW... This will allow you to see what I did, and since I'm replicating it (with slight improvements) you will see where I'm going...

Old 05-31-2016, 10:13 PM   #276

Check out my previous solar install here:

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ion-14096.html

Old 06-01-2016, 04:42 PM   #277

Has anyone wanted a 2nd monitor panel next to the dumping station on the driver's side? Has anyone tried this? Putting this on my mod list. I would like to know fresh water level and waste tank levels when outside filling and dumping. Should not be too hard. What is everyones opinion?
Redbird7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 04:59 PM   #278

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbird7 View Post
Has anyone wanted a 2nd monitor panel next to the dumping station on the driver's side? Has anyone tried this? Putting this on my mod list. I would like to know fresh water level and waste tank levels when outside filling and dumping. Should not be too hard. What is everyones opinion?

I like the idea. If you can figure it out count me in.

Jason

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2013 GMC Sierra 2500 CC 4WD
2016 Jayco Northpoint 377RLBH
Hoojs12840 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 05:02 PM   #279

Quote:
Check out my previous solar install here:

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ion-14096.html
Thanks Instructor...your pictures gave me a good idea and a solution.
Old 06-01-2016, 05:08 PM   #280
Site Team

Quote:
I'm there now without the water bed.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote