Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-30-2016, 05:36 PM   #341

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire_Instructor View Post
I'm curious, UpstateNYer, what tires came on your 2017 377?
Rainier ST is the brand...

UpstateNYer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 06:35 PM   #342

Upstate,
You may want to research those tires. Not a lot of positive feedback on them. Many of us have replaced them with better tires. Maxxis, Goodyear g614, or sailun s637 are the main options. I went with sailun.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Magnolia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 09:03 AM   #343

Added a couple fantastic ultra breeze vent covers.

Remove old sealant around screws

Put a dab of new sealant before bracket installation. (Added a little extra on top too)

Install cover and you're done

Very easy...took about 10 minutes to do each one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 07-04-2016, 09:30 AM   #344

Realized just how useless the outside stove on our 377 is this morning, while watching my 5'0" tall wife trying to cook. With a cook surface more than 4'4" off the ground, she needed a step stool, just to see the sausage she was trying to cook....

2014 RAM Laramie 2500 w/6.7L Cummins Diesel and Automated Safety Hitch
2016 377RLBH Jayco North Point
300W of Suntech Solar w/Rogue MPPT Controller & Xantrex 2000W PSW Inverter
Fire_Instructor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 11:39 AM   #345

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnolia Tom View Post
Upstate,
You may want to research those tires. Not a lot of positive feedback on them. Many of us have replaced them with better tires. Maxxis, Goodyear g614, or sailun s637 are the main options. I went with sailun.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Did you see on the 2017 Northpoint the Goodyears are now an option.
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 08:30 PM   #346

Interesting....my previous rig had tow max tires. In the SOB forum, we had a new post a day about those China bombs. Eventually the manufacturer made Sailun standard tires on the big fifth wheels. Maybe Jayco will follow suit

Old 07-04-2016, 10:56 PM   #347

Mods to 377 RLBH?

Hey everyone! This is my first post... And I wanna say this thread has been incredible for me. you guys are awesome... We ordered a 377rlbh last month and is suppose to be here around July 27th... Already planning a few mods. First is replace the floor vents with ones with dampers, replace faucets, vent covers, add jt strong arms and hopefully figure out a replacement for the furrion head unit in the loving room! However, one thing that I've been thinking about is possibly drilling 2 holes in the divider between the uni con utility center and the storage compartment. I'll be in it for part of the winter and I don't want excess hose outside. So id have one where the hose would go through to the storage then feed it back to the utility center... Does anyone have thoughts on that? Also I see you were talking about tires, when we ordered our 2017 I selected the option for the good years but it's over $2,000 since it comes with rims... I later changed my mind since idc about rims and can just put tires on later. Thanks everyone! Can't wait to be apart of the Jayco family!

Bret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 07:18 AM   #348

Bret,
I would definitely get some better tires. The oem tires are not very good, imho.

Old 07-05-2016, 02:14 PM   #349

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnolia Tom View Post
Bret,
I would definitely get some better tires. The oem tires are not very good, imho.

Do you have any thoughts on drilling the hose through the utility divider? I want to keep the hose inside... And yeah I plan to get the tires put on after the first year.

Old 07-05-2016, 02:28 PM   #350

Bret - Have you thought about switching the faucet to one like this, so that the hose is easily removable? This way you can remove the hose so that it won't freeze. It's also a lot longer and more durable than the shower hose that comes from the factory. I dumped and flushed my tanks this morning at the campground that I spent the weekend at, and I connected the coiled hose directly to the black tank flush, and it worked perfectly to flush my tank. https://www.amazon.com/Phoenix-PF213.../dp/B002P2YGHE

Old 07-05-2016, 04:07 PM   #351

OK, so we are home and as "unpacked" as we are going to get, the lawn is mowed, and now it's time to unwind and jot down some comments about our first trip out with the 377...

1) Has anyone else had their pantry door open while in transit? Our opened on both trips, and on the trip home, it opened and a box of brownie mix wedged between the shelf and the glass in the door, and rubbed a spot off of the frosted window.... Any suggestions for holding the door shut?

2) Several more pieces of trim came loose, or fell right off.... Two on the overhead cabinet over the couch, one over the recliners, and the corner trim between next to the kitchen slide, by the door to the downstairs bedroom. I think that they hold these on at the factory with spit and a prayer..... My side-business is a woodworking shop, so these will be easy, albeit annoying repairs to make. 18 ga. pin-gun and a tube of construction adhesive.

3) Figured out how to use the auto-leveling feature, and it worked flawlessly setting up on Friday, hooking-up today, and setting up in my yard this afternoon!

4) As I commented yesterday, the outside stove is useless, as it's WAY too high to safely use. The photo's that someone previously posted on modifying that cabinet will be one of my next projects!

5) One piece of gasket/molding over the top of the dining table/recliner slide is loose on both ends. It looks like it was just stapled in-place. This will be a dealer repair...

6) There are at least two spots on the floor where a seam or a nail (or screw) head is starting to pop-through. My son, who continually walks around in bare feet, felt them, and pointed them out. Another dealer repair.....

7) Tested out features that we weren't even using this weekend. Both A/C's, the heater, the fireplace, all four televisions, and both stereos, all worked fine.

8) Adjusted the awnings to increase the pitch, for better run-off, and then lowered the two outermost arms two additional pin holes to run any water to the outside perimeter.

9) Slide topper awnings! Mine sag and hold water, leaves, and/or pine needles!!! Is there a way to tighten the tension on these????

10) GOOD NEWS! Crawled underneath after I got home, and all of my frame extensions on the refrigerator slide are still straight and true!

That's all I can think of, for now, but if anyone has any suggestions for taking care of any of the nuisance problems, I'd love to hear them!

Old 07-05-2016, 04:44 PM   #352

Quote:
Bret - Have you thought about switching the faucet to one like this, so that the hose is easily removable? This way you can remove the hose so that it won't freeze. It's also a lot longer and more durable than the shower hose that comes from the factory. I dumped and flushed my tanks this morning at the campground that I spent the weekend at, and I connected the coiled hose directly to the black tank flush, and it worked perfectly to flush my tank. https://www.amazon.com/Phoenix-PF213.../dp/B002P2YGHE

Yeah that would work for flushing the black tank... But I was really more concerned with the site water supply connection I planned to leave it always connected. I guess your saying fill the water tank and disconnect? Also for that faucet you gave me the link to, I have to buy the hose too right? I see Amazon says you can buy them together

Old 07-05-2016, 05:01 PM   #353

Quote:
OK, so we are home and as "unpacked" as we are going to get, the lawn is mowed, and now it's time to unwind and jot down some comments about our first trip out with the 377...

1) Has anyone else had their pantry door open while in transit? Our opened on both trips, and on the trip home, it opened and a box of brownie mix wedged between the shelf and the glass in the door, and rubbed a spot off of the frosted window.... Any suggestions for holding the door shut?
Yes, ours opens on every occasion...started putting a pillow from the couch in-between the door and counter. So far it has worked!

2) Several more pieces of trim came loose, or fell right off.... Two on the overhead cabinet over the couch, one over the recliners, and the corner trim between next to the kitchen slide, by the door to the downstairs bedroom. I think that they hold these on at the factory with spit and a prayer..... My side-business is a woodworking shop, so these will be easy, albeit annoying repairs to make. 18 ga. pin-gun and a tube of construction adhesive.
I haven't had any trim come loose...YET. Only issue we had with the wood in the 5er was the 1st step up to loft/bedroom/bathroom collapsed.

3) Figured out how to use the auto-leveling feature, and it worked flawlessly setting up on Friday, hooking-up today, and setting up in my yard this afternoon!
Mine has worked on each occasion as well.

4) As I commented yesterday, the outside stove is useless, as it's WAY too high to safely use. The photo's that someone previously posted on modifying that cabinet will be one of my next projects!
I get relegated to all the cooking outdoors, to include the outdoor stove. Although, I don't think my wife would have a problem, as she is 5'07"

5) One piece of gasket/molding over the top of the dining table/recliner slide is loose on both ends. It looks like it was just stapled in-place. This will be a dealer repair...
Can't comment on this one

6) There are at least two spots on the floor where a seam or a nail (or screw) head is starting to pop-through. My son, who continually walks around in bare feet, felt them, and pointed them out. Another dealer repair.....
We had 2 as well. Both were fixed the last time it was at the dealer.

7) Tested out features that we weren't even using this weekend. Both A/C's, the heater, the fireplace, all four televisions, and both stereos, all worked fine.
Amen!!

8) Adjusted the awnings to increase the pitch, for better run-off, and then lowered the two outermost arms two additional pin holes to run any water to the outside perimeter.
Good idea...I'm stealing this one.

9) Slide topper awnings! Mine sag and hold water, leaves, and/or pine needles!!! Is there a way to tighten the tension on these????
No comment, as I don't have the toppers.

10) GOOD NEWS! Crawled underneath after I got home, and all of my frame extensions on the refrigerator slide are still straight and true!
So far so good for me as well...time will tell.

That's all I can think of, for now, but if anyone has any suggestions for taking care of any of the nuisance problems, I'd love to hear them!
See responses above in red. Glad y'all had a great 1st outing. I'm sure there will be many more to come!
Old 07-05-2016, 05:09 PM   #354

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bret View Post
Yeah that would work for flushing the black tank... But I was really more concerned with the site water supply connection I planned to leave it always connected. I guess your saying fill the water tank and disconnect? Also for that faucet you gave me the link to, I have to buy the hose too right? I see Amazon says you can buy them together

Brett, maybe I'm not understanding what you want to do.
Is it how to hook up the water line and close the door while it's connected?
If so, you open the hatch on the bottom of the docking center and put the hose through there to the ground.
Old 07-05-2016, 05:12 PM   #355

Instructor.. My pantry has never come open.
It's in the same spot as yours.
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
Old 07-05-2016, 06:58 PM   #356

Mods to 377 RLBH?

Quote:
Originally Posted by klassic View Post
Brett, maybe I'm not understanding what you want to do.

Is it how to hook up the water line and close the door while it's connected?

If so, you open the hatch on the bottom of the docking center and put the hose through there to the ground.

Right but the thing is the shortest heated hose I can find is 25' but I'm going to be like 3 feet from the spigot. So Id like to get the extra 22' inside the storage compartment during winter. Even tho the hose is heated I still have doubts about how heated. I'm thinking bring it in from the bottom, like normal then drill a hole in the storage/utility divider, run the 20' into the storage then run what I need back to the utility center.... Maybe I'll just sit this one out and see what I can come up with when it shows up

Old 07-05-2016, 07:39 PM   #357

Sorry, I didn't read carefully enough. Reading skills are low.

When you come up with the hose from the ground to go through the first hatch that is in the black aluminum body panel (then the hose goes through the second hatch in the bottom of the docking station)
I'm pretty sure you could stuff your extra hose carefully inside the body panel void.

Btw I saw 12' hoses on Amazon.
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
Old 07-05-2016, 07:41 PM   #358

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bret View Post
Right but the thing is the shortest heated hose I can find is 25' but I'm going to be like 3 feet from the spigot. So Id like to get the extra 22' inside the storage compartment during winter. Even tho the hose is heated I still have doubts about how heated. I'm thinking bring it in from the bottom, like normal then drill a hole in the storage/utility divider, run the 20' into the storage then run what I need back to the utility center.... Maybe I'll just sit this one out and see what I can come up with when it shows up.
NOW I understand what you want to do.... Here's what a buddy of mine did to his, as he had it on a "permanent" site for the Summer, but wanted to keep his trailer there for hunting, and as a basecamp for ice fishing. He was close to his spigot, like you, so he built what amounted to a small "doghouse" over the spigot, and up to the side of the trailer. Had a lift-off roof for access, then he wrapped the spigot upright and his hose with a length of the heat tape used to prevent ice build-up on a roof. and stuffed the doghouse with fiberglass insulation. It ran from an outside t-stat, so it only cycled when needed... I think that he's still using the same set-up.

Old 07-05-2016, 10:09 PM   #359

Quote:
Originally Posted by klassic View Post
Sorry, I didn't read carefully enough. Reading skills are low.

When you come up with the hose from the ground to go through the first hatch that is in the black aluminum body panel (then the hose goes through the second hatch in the bottom of the docking station)
I'm pretty sure you could stuff your extra hose carefully inside the body panel void.

Btw I saw 12' hoses on Amazon.

Ohh ok! Thanks guys! Appreciate the help.

Old 07-05-2016, 10:10 PM   #360

Quote:

Do I have to buy the hose as well?