Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-19-2017, 11:03 AM   #861

Jason

I did not use the level up to raise the trailer. I had them down and auto leveled. Then I used a jack to lift the wheel off the ground enough to remove it. I put a jack stand under the axle to hold it while I jacked other tire up. Then you can work on the second axle using the floor jack to raise or lower axle to make bolt removal easier. Once that side is done, put a jack stand under the axle (or reinstall tire) and go to other axle. Lift it with floor jack, remove stand and repeat the process.

Hope that helps. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Magnolia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 11:11 AM   #862

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnolia Tom View Post
Jason

I did not use the level up to raise the trailer. I had them down and auto leveled. Then I used a jack to lift the wheel off the ground enough to remove it. I put a jack stand under the axle to hold it while I jacked other tire up. Then you can work on the second axle using the floor jack to raise or lower axle to make bolt removal easier. Once that side is done, put a jack stand under the axle (or reinstall tire) and go to other axle. Lift it with floor jack, remove stand and repeat the process.

Hope that helps. Good luck.

Yes it does.

Thanks

2012 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie DRW - High Output 6.7L Cummins, Max Tow, FireStone Airbags, 60 Gallon Titan XXL fuel tank, Fully Deleted
2017 Jayco North Point 377rlbh with Kaut NV 2.0 bike rack
jasonmiddlebrooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 11:19 AM   #863

Did mine the other week end.

Jacked up the trailer with bottle jack just enough so I could put some 4x4 under the frame and take some weight off the wheels, the wheel were not totally off the ground at that time, then I just jacked the axle they were no more weight on it as the 4x4's were holding the trailer off the ground.

Do one axle at a time and one side at a time...and when you change the plastic bushing on the outside of the suspension... DO IT when the middle one is not attached to the CRE3000

Thrust me way easier AND don't ask how I know that

Thierry
Old 04-19-2017, 06:23 PM   #864

Mods to 377 RLBH?

Scored this off Craigslist today [emoji3]

Cleared out the closet

Removed shelves and side wall

Water lines attached to cabinet face

Of course no sticker on the wall

Drilled pilot hole thru

Big hole

Here's the cutout

Vent installed

Washer in place!

Old 04-19-2017, 06:27 PM   #865

You lucky dog! I've actually been surfing Craig's List up here in the DFW area for the last couple weeks looking for one.
Old 04-19-2017, 06:29 PM   #866

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookemdanno View Post
You lucky dog! I've actually been surfing Craig's List up here in the DFW area for the last couple weeks looking for one.

Yeah, I've been looking for a couple weeks. This one popped up and I jumped on it. Only a few months old!

Old 04-19-2017, 07:28 PM   #867

Very nice!

Did you have guidance on where to drill the vent hole?

2016 Ram 3500 4X4 Dually, 6.7 Cummins, 3.73
2017 Jayco North Point 377RLBH, Cummins/Onan Gen
JetTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 07:35 PM   #868

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetTech View Post
Very nice!

Did you have guidance on where to drill the vent hole?

Thanks!

No, I knew about the general area it needed to be so I took some measurements and then drilled some small test holes to make sure I didn't hit a stud. Then I drilled the pilot hole all the way thru.

Old 04-19-2017, 07:41 PM   #869

Great looking install! I was surfing CL a couple months ago and ran across a washer/dryer that a guy just wanted to get out of his way so I got it VERY cheap. Haven't had time to get it in. I'm guessing the hardest part is getting it lifted into the unit and up to the closet?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
twadd10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 07:54 PM   #870

Quote:
Originally Posted by twadd10 View Post
Great looking install! I was surfing CL a couple months ago and ran across a washer/dryer that a guy just wanted to get out of his way so I got it VERY cheap. Haven't had time to get it in. I'm guessing the hardest part is getting it lifted into the unit and up to the closet?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Yes, the hardest part was getting it inside. There's maybe a 1/4" clearance getting into the bedroom due to the dresser. Once you get past that, getting it up into the closet is a little challenging too. I did it with my wife helping so it really wasn't too bad.

Old 04-20-2017, 08:38 AM   #871
CTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin.Ford View Post
Yea sir, it is. But, learned a lesson. Though this puts out a good push of air, apparently the same motor is used regardless of 4 or 5 bladed fans. So if I had gotten a good 4 bladed fan it would have drawn less off the motor and quite possibly have been able to push air even better.
Good info. Thanks
CTP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 08:43 AM   #872
CTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptorlaughter View Post
Hey all,

First time ever posting in a forum, so sorry if this ends up in a weird place. Just wanted to offer up my help when it came to self install of a washer/dryer in the 377. I was beyond frustrated with the lack of information out there to help, and looked for a long time on here only to find similar frustration with self install of the dryer vent. One aspect should not prevent people from being able to install things themselves! So after much deliberation and a lot of luck, I just went for it. So here is my quick run down of the whole install:

1. Dryer Vent. The self install dryer vent seems to be the biggest thing tripping people up. It was my biggest leap of faith, and paid off! I ended up guessing where i wanted the vent to go. I chose left of the drainage pipe. Hopefully these photos attach so you all can see. I started carefully with maybe a 3/8" drill bit and did an exploratory hole. I went until i hit foam, then attached the coring bit and used it to make an outline of the proposed hole. I then did test holes all around the perimeter to test for studs and supports and was met with success!! I actually believe (dont quote me) that there may not be studs in that entire area! long story short i was able to drill the hole for the vent all the way through to the outside.
Attachment 24672
Attachment 24673

2. Vent kit. We chose a splendide 2100xc washer dryer combo, which has available vent kits for purchase. With the hole now made, it was pretty easy to mount the vent from the outside and secure it with the included screws. I ran a generous bead of silicon sealant/adhesive to help with stability and add to weather proofing. Then i attached the white cover using the same method, and plenty of sealant. The location of the hole was perfect because it lined up with the vent exhaust on the dryer, and also left room for the outter cover to be mounted but not interfere with the trim near the nose of the trailer!
Attachment 24674
Attachment 24675
Attachment 24676
Attachment 24677
3. Install washer. Once the vent is in place, all the other hookups are normal and super easy. Be careful moving the machine into the area as it super tight. I believe I accidentally cracked the drainage pipe because water is leaking out when the unit drains. Looking for a solution to that, but dont worry that is definitely due to my spastic nature! Hope this helped! I took the risk to see if it could be done because i know it has been causing a lot of frustration, and frankly you should always be able to do things around the house! Thanks for all the other projects you guys have posted, now gives me things to drive my wife crazy about!!!
Attachment 24678
Attachment 24679
More good info, thank you.
How was is getting the unit through the entry door, hallway, and bedroom?
CTP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 01:22 PM   #873

Looks good Tom!! Where's the dryer? LOL
jasum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 03:26 PM   #874

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasum View Post
Looks good Tom!! Where's the dryer? LOL

Lol! It's a combo all in one unit.

Old 04-20-2017, 03:28 PM   #875

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTP View Post
More good info, thank you.

How was is getting the unit through the entry door, hallway, and bedroom?

It's a tight squeeze. You need to bring it down the hallway and thru the door sideways as it is 24" wide, same as the door. I believe it's like 22" deep

Old 04-20-2017, 03:46 PM   #876

Tom
Real nice job. I got lucky and CW refunded my full install job when I confronted them with pics of there lovely install job.
Always use the second rinse and my DW will dry a load about 10-20 min and remove half and than fully dry both parts one at a time. Shake out cloths between final spin and when u dry.
She has it figured out full timing. Since we both still work that baby runs all weekend. I wish they had a buzzer that would tell go off after final spin. If u do not shake cloths out they will wrinkly since this thing has high speed spin
Rock
Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 03:49 PM   #877

Thanks Rock

Appreciate the tips on washing. I'll pass them along to the DW.

Old 04-20-2017, 03:52 PM   #878

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnolia Tom View Post
Thanks Rock

Appreciate the tips on washing. I'll pass them along to the DW.

Wow!! Shouldn't you be the one doing the laundry? LOL!!
Old 04-20-2017, 04:01 PM   #879

LOL! I did all the work getting it into the trailer. Besides, If I did laundry, everything would come out pink [emoji3]

Old 04-20-2017, 04:08 PM   #880

I wasn't allowed to do the laundry for the same reason. Then the DW found these things called "color catchers"...guess who does the laundry on the weekends?? That would be me!! LOL