Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-26-2017, 05:22 PM   #1041

Dan.......I would bet you could get a new screw for your fan from Big John......
jasum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 05:24 PM   #1042

I don't want a new screw!! I want a new fan...just don't tell the DW!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-26-2017, 05:24 PM   #1043

[QUOTE=jasum;526621]Haven't tried it yet Dan........we are camping until Tuesday. I always forget about the jacks until I am leaving.......

Today I actually thought about it......

Good Luck with you fan Dan. Hope you find the LOST screw.
Old 05-26-2017, 05:26 PM   #1044

Really Dan??? We could NOT tell that you want a NEW fan........LOL
Old 05-26-2017, 07:38 PM   #1045

Quote:
Originally Posted by klassic View Post
E03 is an overload.
I get it occasionally when I unplug the the shore power with the inverter on.
Just shut off the inverter and turn back on again.
I think it's happening because the fridge is sucking more amps then the inverter likes at that moment of me unplugging and the transfer switch closing.
It never does it if just the TV is on.

Edit
Sorry. I thought you said E03
I have to correct this.
I WAS thinking E05
It IS an overload condition..so disregard my edit.
As said above by Honsinja, E05 isn't a low voltage condition.
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 12:54 PM   #1046

How is the "new" fan working out Dan??
Old 05-27-2017, 01:36 PM   #1047

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnolia Tom View Post
So I got my trailer back from dealer getting brakes replaced along with new seals. Dealer tech claims to have used Timken. Still need to get the brakes broken in. Didn't notice any real difference than before.
But a potentially bigger problem I discovered after getting home is a cracked sidewall by the bedroom slide. Only about 2" but it definitely wasn't there before I brought it in. (I washed the trailer beforehand).

Dealer is getting with Jayco to determine a plan of action

Had the same issue on my Keystone Cougar. Bedroom slide had that size crack out of corner. Not sure how it happend I never dropped it or anything, maybe at the dealer.

Anyways, dealer was cool about it. They contacted Keystone and agreed to repair it in the next 5 yrs if I wanted to. Dealer also explained repairing it would involve slide removal, fiberglass repair (which can be done flawlessly, but my cougar was not the same as the Jayco and you would know it if you new where to look.

I decided to keep an eye on it and it never got worse. Dealer sealed it for me and we ended up trading it in.

Jason

Hoojs12840 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 01:36 PM   #1048

I'll have to get it when we get back. I'll have to look back in this thread for the 1 that Tom got from Lowes. It looked like a good match.

Old 05-27-2017, 01:47 PM   #1049

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoojs12840 View Post
Had the same issue on my Keystone Cougar. Bedroom slide had that size crack out of corner. Not sure how it happend I never dropped it or anything, maybe at the dealer.

Anyways, dealer was cool about it. They contacted Keystone and agreed to repair it in the next 5 yrs if I wanted to. Dealer also explained repairing it would involve slide removal, fiberglass repair (which can be done flawlessly, but my cougar was not the same as the Jayco and you would know it if you new where to look.

I decided to keep an eye on it and it never got worse. Dealer sealed it for me and we ended up trading it in.

Jason

Jason

Good info. I'm not sure when or how the crack happened, and if it doesn't get worse (and doesn't let water in) I'd be okay leaving it as is and keeping an eye on it. I'm more concerned about the water intrusion causing unseen damage down the road.

Magnolia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 02:47 PM   #1050

Another reason to not care for dealers Tom. I guess at least they didn't try to tell you they didn't do it.

Have you towed it on a trip yet with the new brakes & seals??
Old 05-27-2017, 03:08 PM   #1051

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasum View Post
Another reason to not care for dealers Tom. I guess at least they didn't try to tell you they didn't do it.

Have you towed it on a trip yet with the new brakes & seals??

Not yet [emoji22]
Had a trip booked the weekend I got trailer back from dealer but we cancelled due to rain. Going in a couple weeks.

Old 05-28-2017, 07:50 AM   #1052

Tom
You mentioned maybe the dealer dropped or set unit down hard. I could see that cracking maybe a side wall but ur slide floats free and would absorb a shock. If u think they did that some how I would be looking at my landing gear and that area for damage.
Have u looked at the slide floor bottom to see if it is maybe dented from a hard roller contact?

Of course since u posted that I had to look over every inch of my unit. And will include that in my after trip inspections.
Rock
Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 07:59 AM   #1053

Mods to 377 RLBH?

Rock

Maybe the picture isn't clear but the crack is on the sidewall, not the slide. I'm not sure how the crack developed. I know that before I took it in there was no crack. I washed and waxed the trailer the week before so I looked over every inch of the trailer. After I get it back, I find the crack. Maybe a coincidence but it definitely wasn't something I did.

Old 05-28-2017, 10:04 PM   #1054

Those cracks are all to common. Jayco, Forest River, Tiffin and numerous others. It's why you see an expansion joint in that area on a lot of rigs, like a trim strip. Hung walls don't have as big an issue, laminated walls do. It's nothing you did or the dealer did I assure.
2015 Jayco Jay Flight 28BHBE (#8)
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 05:14 AM   #1055

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohnD View Post
Those cracks are all to common. Jayco, Forest River, Tiffin and numerous others. It's why you see an expansion joint in that area on a lot of rigs, like a trim strip. Hung walls don't have as big an issue, laminated walls do. It's nothing you did or the dealer did I assure.
There is a video somewhere, by Jayco, proudly talking about how they don't need the expansion joint because of their superior techniques. And how the competition has cracks.
If you can find the video (or the ad), maybe on their website, I would bust their balls about it.
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 06:08 AM   #1056

I think I found my next mod for the 377. The outdoor mini fridge, when unplugged defrosts and the water leaks out onto the wood. I noticed the wood starting to warp just a bit when I got home yesterday and cleaned everything out. I'm going to order a boot tray, like this one https://www.amazon.com/Stalwart-Frie...ords=boot+tray and screw the fridge down to it. I just need to double check my measurements and make sure I buy the correct size.
Old 05-31-2017, 05:17 AM   #1057

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnolia Tom View Post
So I got my trailer back from dealer getting brakes replaced along with new seals. Dealer tech claims to have used Timken. Still need to get the brakes broken in. Didn't notice any real difference than before.
But a potentially bigger problem I discovered after getting home is a cracked sidewall by the bedroom slide. Only about 2" but it definitely wasn't there before I brought it in. (I washed the trailer beforehand).

Dealer is getting with Jayco to determine a plan of action

Just picked mine up from dealer service, noticed that both rear jack pads are bent, which were not before I took it in. Believe we use the same dealer. Will need to look for stress cracks now to see if I find any. I brought it in to have some minor warranty work done and to install the morryde upgraded shackle plates and wet bolts, along with morryed crossmember.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
MadJoker TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 05:57 AM   #1058

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadJoker TX View Post
Just picked mine up from dealer service, noticed that both rear jack pads are bent, which were not before I took it in. Believe we use the same dealer. Will need to look for stress cracks now to see if I find any. I brought it in to have some minor warranty work done and to install the morryde upgraded shackle plates and wet bolts, along with morryed crossmember.

I've been dealing with them for several years now with 4 different trailers. Their service department has come a long way from where it was but it still needs a lot of improvement. On a previous rig I got from them, they damaged some J wrap on the rear of my TT. Took them two times to fix correctly. They've had quite a bit of turnover at the service manager position. Found out yesterday that my crack repair was approved to be fixed by jayco. I sent an email for an update. My response was it was approved last week, not sure why you weren't contacted yet. The best part is I get to take it back to the dealer to be fixed. I really have low confidence in their ability to repair fiberglass. We will see.

My advice would be stay away from the service department if possible. Just my experience from the 4 trailers I've owned is that once they go in to get something fixed, things start to break or not work afterwards. Not to mention the work itself is usually not done to the highest standards.

If your pads are bent, call the service manager and let her know. They'll replace them. Or at least they should.

Good luck

Old 05-31-2017, 08:08 AM   #1059

Shackle Upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadJoker TX View Post

My 16 Eagle has the Morryde 3000 shackles, the plastic bearings are toast.Did Morryde or Jayco help out on the costs for the upgrade?On Morryde website they are not suggesting replacement of the 3000!My Eagle is under warranty.Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Shackle upgrade.jpg  
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 08:31 AM   #1060

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreinv View Post
My 16 Eagle has the Morryde 3000 shackles, the plastic bearings are toast.Did Morryde or Jayco help out on the costs for the upgrade?On Morryde website they are not suggesting replacement of the 3000!My Eagle is under warranty.Thanks

Got no assistance from Jayco or MorRyde on the upgrades but I also did not ask, the nylon bushings that came with the trailer were already toasted after only 1200 miles on the trailer. It was already metal to metal, so glad I did this upgrade..

MadJoker TX is offline   Reply With Quote