Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-04-2017, 04:32 PM   #1081

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire_Instructor View Post
Hmmm.... I was planning on doing the shoe-cubby idea as well,but once I saw that your converter and wiring are there, I double checked exactly where mine is.... doesn't look like I'll be able to make that modification......

My EMS is in the same spot. Just push it back to give yourself some space. The shoe cubby will not be that deep. Mine is about 8" deep but works great for my kids' shoes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Magnolia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 04:46 PM   #1082

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnolia Tom View Post
My EMS is in the same spot. Just push it back to give yourself some space. The shoe cubby will not be that deep. Mine is about 8" deep but works great for my kids' shoes.

What Tom said. I plan on adding a small bungee cord mesh to the shoe cubby to keep shoes or whatever my youngest deems necessary for that cubby. Most likely it'll be home to stuffed animals!

Also, I wanted to take the time to thank everyone on this forum and most especially this thread for making me aware of things to check on. I checked today and I do not have the stress cracks...yet.

Old 06-04-2017, 04:54 PM   #1083

Quote:
My dealer hasn't said anything about the root cause of the crack, simply stating that it's a stress crack.

I forgot to update this last week. I sent an email to the dealer asking what was the status of my situation. The response was "jayco already approved it, Julie should have already called you by now." So, I call the dealer to ask what the plan was to repair it. They said they bring in an outside paint and body guy to do those types of repairs and in fact he's working on another one now. So, I'm bringing my trailer to the dealer tomorrow to get the subcontracted body guy to fix the crack. Should be done by Thursday.

I'm with you...I really have little faith in the dealers warranty staff. That's why I go to great lengths to avoid them. Hopefully this will be the last time at the dealer for me.

I have heard some great things about a place called Cutting Edge RV in Baytown all they do is RV repair and can do manufactures warranty repair. Have had 2 buddies go there and they have nothing but good things to say about them. I may look into that route for future warranty and repair work.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
MadJoker TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 04:56 PM   #1084

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadJoker TX View Post
I have heard some great things about a place called Cutting Edge RV in Baytown all they do is RV repair and can do manufactures warranty repair. Have had 2 buddies go there and they have nothing but good things to say about them. I may look into that route for future warranty and repair work.

Thanks for the tip Joker! I'd be all over that if it wasn't so far away.

Old 06-04-2017, 05:08 PM   #1085

Quote:
Thanks for the tip Joker! I'd be all over that if it wasn't so far away.

Yea..thats my issue as well just over an hour away for me to get there. I may take a ride out to take a look at the place and see the quality of work they do before I decide if I am willing to drive an hour plus to bring my RV.

MadJoker TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 05:53 PM   #1086

Location: Full timing in the 377, but Llano, Texas is now home
Quote:
Originally Posted by OC TV View Post
Taking delivery on my 18 377 and I feel like a kid awaiting my new Hot Wheel Track... Question is I ordered the generator prep and was wondering if its easy to drop one in.. any suggestions on a good place with decent pricing, better than the 5k the dealer wants...
Hi OCTV, it is a heavy booger and you have to cut a hole for the exhaust, then its plug n play, and you lose the storage space. We did the same for $975, but I later found the 5500watt Cummins Onan, which can run both 15k ac's for $5k, a bit steep. Some used units might be found for half if u look hard enough. So I compromised and got a Champion 2800 continuous inverter and it can run one ac for $599 refurbished on eBay. Weighs 1/3 the wt and still can stuff other items in the bay. Of course I have to take it out each time to operate it, which isn't that big a deal for me. It Can even run the ac on eco I found out...that's including the resi refer and outside fridge and some lights. We don't boondock hardly at all. It's just in case of a lengthy pwr failure, not necessarily due to weather. Care to guess dollar amt to restock a 23 cube refer from empty should one last past a day or two? Just peace of mind. The salesman said it'd have higher resale value if we got the gen prep pkg. it weighs 300 lbs and will consume more fuel, yet u don't have to unload it back n forth, and can be started from inside. Some perks with big bucks.

Ps- they do come in 3 choices: gas, diesel, propane. Good luck hunting.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2391.jpg   IMG_2390.jpg  
2007 Dodge Ram 3500 Laramie MC 4x2 DRW 6.7CTD, B&W Companion Slider 3405, Edge Evolution CS (deleted DPF/DOC-special tune), TireMinder TM-77, Firestone air springs, CustomFlow tailgate, Tonnosport tonneau cover, Champion 3100w genset
2017 Jayco North Point 377RLBH w/Kodiak disc brakes/Titan actuator, Truma AquaGo Comfort, Sailun S637, home of Darin & Dana. Where the 377 has been towed since 5/27/16:
Dskyward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 06:05 PM   #1087

Dskyward... just upload your pictures to Photobucket (or a site like that) then copy and paste the direct link of your picture to the "enter the URL of your image" here in the message box.
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 06:20 PM   #1088

Post#1074 cont: Ok, after persisting a little, I think I may have figured it out how to post picts with better success. I can hit 'quote' and I get additional options to post Picts directly from my library. Yay, what a relief. I didn't try that before.

Here are 3 picts of my stress crack below left of the bedroom slide. 1st frame is from 8/10/16 (about 3 inches) or <3 mos old, 2-3 from today, sadly and disgustingly longer. The crack gap is wider when hitched, and hitting bad seams on the interstate don't help anything. I think shocks between the axles would help greatly as now the rear is but a trampoline over these bad spots in the road. Plus my rearview mirror shows the Moryde pin box just bouncing up n down and jerking us around like crazy when we encounter wavy hiways. At times I could use a male sport bra, my pecs hurt from the bouncing. Lol.

Also notice how far down the edge trim has dropped below decal. The other side edge trim is just fine.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1729.jpg   IMG_2357.jpg   IMG_2358.jpg  
2007 Dodge Ram 3500 Laramie MC 4x2 DRW 6.7CTD, B&W Companion Slider 3405, Edge Evolution CS (deleted DPF/DOC-special tune), TireMinder TM-77, Firestone air springs, CustomFlow tailgate, Tonnosport tonneau cover, Champion 3100w genset
2017 Jayco North Point 377RLBH w/Kodiak disc brakes/Titan actuator, Truma AquaGo Comfort, Sailun S637, home of Darin & Dana. Where the 377 has been towed since 5/27/16:
Old 06-04-2017, 06:28 PM   #1089

Quote:
Originally Posted by klassic View Post
Dskyward... just upload your pictures to Photobucket (or a site like that) then copy and paste the direct link of your picture to the "enter the URL of your image" here in the message box.
Thanks for the insight on that, klassic. It seems using quote gives me the option directly to my library so I don't have to have multiple windows open on my iPad. Now I'm wondering what's the real benefit to loading photos into the limited registry photo album?
Old 06-04-2017, 06:31 PM   #1090

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC TV View Post
Taking delivery on my 18 377 and I feel like a kid awaiting my new Hot Wheel Track... Question is I ordered the generator prep and was wondering if its easy to drop one in.. any suggestions on a good place with decent pricing, better than the 5k the dealer wants...
OC TV- Congrats on the purchase. If you have factory gen prep it is pretty easy. Take a look at my posts from my install a few months ago. I purchased my gen online from Norwall Powersystems. Was nervous about buying online but everything turned out good.
Links is below if it does work it's around post 784 I think.

http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/sh...d.php?p=508443

Sent from my QTAIR7 using Tapatalk

Jamie846 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 07:36 PM   #1091

Ok, now onto contributing some of my mods, some I haven't seen on this thread.

-A 6 pr shoe rack. Saw this in TrailerLife. 1x4 and 3/4" dowels angled about 15° up. 48" dowel cut equally to 12 pcs, just under 4" and glued in.
-An under sink shelf honey do for the DW.
-A solution to the outside fridge door coming open in transit. Has worked flawlessly, using 3m double sided foam tape and spare wood I had. I intend to make it look better eventually.
-A hurt feet solution to the loft ladder. Only needs 3 steps. I saw this on the forum somewhere, done before mine, yet after I did it though. With a tickle, I said like uncle 'Jed'...weeell doggy.
-Articulating tv mod, thanks to Tom. I went with a Walmart Vizio sound bar and sub system for $148. Has Bluetooth. The sound bar is 3" x 3" x 38". Sub is 8 3/8"x 8 3/8" x 9 1/4" tall. I tried placement behind the recliners but didn't like the sound result. Next to fireplace is best.
The sub box travels nicely in the overhead cabinet above the recliners. The sound bar travels on the electric tv shelf (in the lowered position), while the tv is removed and travels face down on the couch with a tie down strap. Certainly less shock for it. It cannot be lowered as before due to mount configure. I no longer use the ceiling speakers for tv, nor the Furrion radio hardly anymore as this duo greatly improves the sound.

A Survey on the 48" Furrion TV to everyone...anyone having these issues: my unit has terrible skin tones and all reds get saturated. Like Norman Rockwell paintings on red overdose. No tint control access either. It is grayed out for some reason. Color is at 44, and really no way to achieve accurate skin tones. Two of the three HDMI inputs have loosened and I get no signal many times connecting BD player and/or Apple TV. It takes a good while to run channel search, nearly twice that of the Sansui in the master bedroom. I can't find any reviews of it anywhere on the web. I did find it on Walmart.com for $911. It's only a 60 hertz refresh rate. For the price, it should be at least 120 for smoother motion flow. I do miss my 7 yr old home Sony I conveyed with the house. This is on 'the list' to Jayco come 7/10/17. Not sure if electronics get covered in the two yr warranty.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2369.jpg   IMG_2377.jpg   FullSizeRender 3.jpg   IMG_2368.jpg   IMG_5068.jpg  

IMG_3086.jpg  
Old 06-04-2017, 08:55 PM   #1092

A few more mods. One- to the main basement door, which I keep hitting my head on constantly; I used a pair of rv compartment door magnets from Amazon. $20 for 2 pr. As the basement door is somewhat heavy, I went ahead and used one pr, saving the other pr for the outdoor kitchen door. Both are plenty adequate, even in wind. So much easier and convenient to open and close.

Two- I added a third battery, and was able to place a EverStart group 27DC from Walmart in front of the other two (Mighty Bruin DP24-85), which came from the dealer. I'm sure some of you may say make all 3 the same, so maybe in the future, I'll replace the orig 2 with same grp27. It was great to have on hand the dealer supplied 2 gauge 9" extra connector wires (came with 4 red, 4 black) to hook 4 more batts in parallel, but I read online how connecting them inline isn't prudent if you want them to last. A must read on multi batt systems. So I went with this 3 parallel illustration shown below. It's not perfectly even feed, but this should do ok.
For the three batteries to ride secure, and not fall thru the floor rails, I had to move the steel strap bracket back 1". The orig self tapping screws still worked great. The orig black strap didn't have the holding power as these spring loaded jaw clamps have. Just cut new strap to desired length and cauterize with flame. I used Gaffer tape to keep red plastic cap intact. The small extra red and black wires powers the electric over hydraulic disc brake actuator, located above the #1 propane tank. The lower left #2 red lead goes to the rearmost batt positive post, while the orig ground leads stay up front on the neg post.
I got about 18 hrs run time on the Xantrex 1000 inverter running the res refer on our first boondock outing in the FL Keys last Feb. I'm not sure if the stock converter is still capable of deciding how much juice to give to each on multi battery configurations. I just like knowing the fridge can continue to run while on all day hauls.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2389.jpg   IMG_2388.jpg   IMG_5833.jpg   IMG_5847.jpg   IMG_5848.jpg  

FullSizeRender.jpg   FullSizeRender 2.jpg  
Old 06-05-2017, 06:11 AM   #1093

Dskyward

Didn't your basement door have struts from the factory? Did you remove them for the magnet catch? What about for the kitchen? Did you remove the factory latch and how did you patch the screw holes?

Old 06-05-2017, 08:04 AM   #1094

Quote:
Dskyward

Didn't your basement door have struts from the factory? Did you remove them for the magnet catch? What about for the kitchen? Did you remove the factory latch and how did you patch the screw holes?

Yes, I removed the struts completely, and the kitchen latch. I filled the exterior holes at kitchen door with plumbers putty. It's not permanent but what I had at the time, and has lasted perfectly for several thousand miles and last week's torrential downpour in AR on way to TN. And of same color scheme, lol. Maybe a deco sticker of some sort might be an option? The interior screw holes are currently untouched. I think some matching color tape may work or I'll use white caulk is probably a better option. The kitchen door was always a pain to latch if the basement door was open. A major improvement to both doors.
Old 06-06-2017, 11:45 AM   #1095

Definitely copying the magnet latch idea! Thank you for sharing?

Question on the shoe pegs... Where is that? The foot of the Master Bed?

2014 RAM Laramie 2500 w/6.7L Cummins Diesel and Automated Safety Hitch
2016 377RLBH Jayco North Point
300W of Suntech Solar w/Rogue MPPT Controller & Xantrex 2000W PSW Inverter
Fire_Instructor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 01:25 PM   #1096

Thanks FireInstructor. You should practice with tape first on the magnets. Mark carefully, silicone your screw holes. Lower magnet goes on aluminum door trim. I get about 2lbs of mag adhesion on the basement door; 3 lbs or so on kitchen door, if anyone's wondering. Yes, at the foot of master bed. All shoes generally stay on when side is retracted. The dresser drawer is right there.
Old 06-06-2017, 04:34 PM   #1097

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dskyward View Post
Yes, at the foot of master bed. All shoes generally stay on when side is retracted. The dresser drawer is right there.
I'm too clumsy for that. I'd bump into them and either break the peg or my shin.......

2014 RAM Laramie 2500 w/6.7L Cummins Diesel and Automated Safety Hitch
2016 377RLBH Jayco North Point
300W of Suntech Solar w/Rogue MPPT Controller & Xantrex 2000W PSW Inverter
Fire_Instructor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 07:07 PM   #1098

If you guys go back about 50-60-70 pages, I mentioned using the magnet latch like my buddy has on his giant outside kitchen door.
No one likes klassic's ideas. I feel unwanted. Lol.
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 07:09 PM   #1099

Have any of y'all taken the bunk out in the guest room? I saw where some people had in a Facebook group, and I would definitely like to do that to ours.

mjudkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 07:10 PM   #1100

Klassic...who's Klassic??
Lol!! [emoji13]