Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-27-2017, 03:53 PM   #1161

A couple of nice purchases there Tom.

I've only got about 50 hours on my Champion but I feel that it will be trouble-free for a long time. That reminds me - it's time for it's second oil change!

Put an hour meter on that thing:

https://www.amazon.com/Docooler-Indu...generator&th=1

Cheers,

Jeff

2017 Jay Flight 32BHDS
2006 GMC 2500HD Classic CC SB 4x4 6.6L Duramax/Allison
Vasquez Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 04:04 PM   #1162

Oh geez, I see that you've already picked your hour meter out (hiding right on top)... and in yellow too!

Enjoy.

2017 Jay Flight 32BHDS
2006 GMC 2500HD Classic CC SB 4x4 6.6L Duramax/Allison
Vasquez Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 04:05 PM   #1163

Thanks Jack.

Fired up the generator on propane and it started the AC. [emoji3]

Very happy about that. I bought a supco hard start capacitor just in case but now I know I won't need it. Now I need to get a box to keep in in so it stays out of the weather.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Magnolia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 04:06 PM   #1164

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasum View Post
I like mine.........Attachment 32682

Looks good sir!

Old 06-27-2017, 04:09 PM   #1165

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasquez Kid View Post
Oh geez, I see that you've already picked your hour meter out (hiding right on top)... and in yellow too!

Enjoy.

Yep, ordered it at the same time. Excited to have a pre cooled rig when we go to set up.
Do you run yours en route to your camp site?

Old 06-27-2017, 04:25 PM   #1166

Not the same model as your all's, but, I'm wanting to add a cargo carrier to the rear of our Eagle 325BHQS to carry our 2 Honda Gennies. Alot of people are advising against it with fear of it breaking or falling off. I do have the actual hitch on our fiver and not attached to bumper, and the rack plus Gennies would be around 100# max on a 300# capacity rack and a 300# capacity toungue weight on hitch.

Am I missing something here? I would think it would be ok?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T817A using Tapatalk
'13 Suntracker PB 22
Da Bud Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 04:45 PM   #1167

I'm going to be doing exactly that. Mine will be closer to 150 pounds total after my rack, genny, and box are added.

Old 06-27-2017, 04:48 PM   #1168

Da Bud Man

Another thing I did was to drill another hole in the shank of the cargo rack to reduce the distance it stuck out past the bumper. Should help to reduce the force of the weight when going over bumps

Old 06-27-2017, 04:55 PM   #1169

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnolia Tom View Post
Da Bud Man

Another thing I did was to drill another hole in the shank of the cargo rack to reduce the distance it stuck out past the bumper. Should help to reduce the force of the weight when going over bumps

I noticed that and will probably do the same. I also purchased an anti tilting device that attaches to the hitch and shank to almost eliminate any bouncing that may be caused between the hitch and carrier.

Heading out to Myrtle Beach next week which is about a 10hr haul. Gonna put some things back there that weigh about the same and see how it travels. If I lose them, I'll lose alot less than $1700 in Gennies, lol. Plus I have a rear camera on fiver so I can watch what's happening back there too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T817A using Tapatalk
'13 Suntracker PB 22
Da Bud Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 06:08 PM   #1170

Quote:
So I got my trailer back from dealer getting brakes replaced along with new seals. Dealer tech claims to have used Timken. Still need to get the brakes broken in. Didn't notice any real difference than before.
But a potentially bigger problem I discovered after getting home is a cracked sidewall by the bedroom slide. Only about 2" but it definitely wasn't there before I brought it in. (I washed the trailer beforehand).

Dealer is getting with Jayco to determine a plan of action

Got the same crack in my 2017 377, unit only months old. Did you say you were getting yours to the factory for repair? I would like to do the same. Said it was a structural weld issue and that they had another one with same issue, which I assume is yours.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
MadJoker TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 06:29 PM   #1171

Tom I believe it was Dan that had bought one of the brackets that you bolt on to actually tighten up the hitch when cargo tray is on. I also bought one from Amazon and it does tighten it up where there is no slop in it. I just leave mine on all the time.
jasum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 06:37 PM   #1172

Sorry...I'm late to the party. Looks good Tom! Yes, Jasum, I did buy the hitch bracket and it most definitely secures the hitch and takes away a lot of the play.
Old 06-27-2017, 06:41 PM   #1173

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasum View Post
Tom I believe it was Dan that had bought one of the brackets that you bolt on to actually tighten up the hitch when cargo tray is on. I also bought one from Amazon and it does tighten it up where there is no slop in it. I just leave mine on all the time.

Jack,
Yes I have one of those brackets. I was using it for the bike rake I had on the back previously. I wanted to reduce the downward force on the receiver, thus the "shortened" cargo rack

Old 06-27-2017, 06:48 PM   #1174

Mods to 377 RLBH?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadJoker TX View Post
Got the same crack in my 2017 377, unit only months old. Did you say you were getting yours to the factory for repair? I would like to do the same. Said it was a structural weld issue and that they had another one with same issue, which I assume is yours.

Holy cow Joker! That didn't take long.
I am not taking mine back to the factory just yet. Jayco sent the service manager a 10-12 page detailed instruction guide to fix the underlying problem. Basically they will take off the front cap, remove the pin box and the fiberglass under the pin box and front storage compartment to expose the framing. Then they'll bring in a certified welder to re-weld or add bracing to the structure. Then put it back together and fix the fiberglass. Julie and her husband seem to be good people who try to do the right thing. So I'm going to let the process play out and see what happens. If the repair doesn't work, then I'll have jayco do it.

Old 06-27-2017, 06:51 PM   #1175

Mods to 377 RLBH?

Double post

Old 06-27-2017, 06:51 PM   #1176

Quote:
Holy cow Joker! That didn't take long.
I am not taking mine back to the factory just yet. Jayco sent the service manager a 10-12 page detailed instruction guide to fixed the underlying problem. Basically they will take off the front cap, remove the pin box and the fiberglass under the pin box and front storage compartment to expose the framing. Then they'll bring in a certified welder to re-weld or add bracing to the structure. Then put it back together and fix the fiberglass. Julie and her husband seem to be good people who try to do the right thing. So I'm going to let the process play out and see what happens. If the repair doesn't work, then I'll have jayco do it.

WOW! That's allot to take off, I sure hope it comes out like new when done. I am slated to bring mine in on June 20th but may postpone it till late August or so as I have another trip I need to take in August.

MadJoker TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 06:54 PM   #1177

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadJoker TX View Post
WOW! That's allot to take off, I sure hope it comes out like new when done. I am slated to bring mine in on June 20th but may postpone it till late August or so as I have another trip I need to take in August.

I agree it seems like a lot but when you like at how it's put together, it's really just a matter of unscrewing a bunch of screws and cutting some caulk.

Old 06-27-2017, 06:56 PM   #1178

June or July 20? [emoji3]
I was supposed to bring mine in last week but I had a trip booked. Plus I have a couple more booked in the next few weeks. Once the kids go back to school at the end of august, I'll take it in. Meanwhile, I'm keeping a close watch on the crack to see if it grows.

Old 06-27-2017, 08:31 PM   #1179

Tom and Joker, start a new thread.
This is too interesting to get buried in this massive thread.
Maybe there is some more input from others that aren't following a 118 (!!!!) page thread.
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 09:11 PM   #1180

Location: Full timing in the 377, but Llano, Texas is now home
Oh my goodness Madjoker! Yours too? I'm so sorry to hear this is now beginning to be an epidemic. Today, my wife and I brought in our 377 to Jayco Service Center in Middlebury to fix our sidewall crack and 45 other items on our list. We met with Dave Underwood, super nice guy, who is the guy to see for anything serviced on your Jayco. He said it's not uncommon to see these cracks, not only on North Point models, but it happens on many others. He explained many things that Tom mentioned, plus that the whole master slide will come out, and where they will cut into the sidewall, where aluminum frame pieces are located and what kind of welds will be installed with corner reinforce gussets in the frame will be installed, the front cap will come off (it too, has stress cracks on top driver side), the lower chin panels will get removed, a fiberglass man will come in and mend it all back to smooth glass so you may not be able to tell straight on.

We felt great to be in the best hands possible for this type of repair, plus of course everything else. I asked if our list was the longest. Nope, he said. We told him we plan to pick it up on Aug 10, for a major trip out west (Solar Eclipse on Aug 21) so for now, we are homeless and are staying with my wife's longtime friend in Leo, NW of Ft Wayne. I'll inform everyone of the results when we get it back. Pic 1 below is from 3/31/17, pic 2 is from 6/4/17. Also, the reason for the horizontal trim falling down below the decal he said, is the factory used too short a screw. That'll get fixed also. My heart goes out to all those affected with this terrible event.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_6918.jpg   IMG_8530.jpg  
2007 Dodge Ram 3500 Laramie MC 4x2 DRW 6.7CTD, B&W Companion Slider 3405, Edge Evolution CS (deleted DPF/DOC-special tune), TireMinder TM-77, Firestone air springs, CustomFlow tailgate, Tonnosport tonneau cover, Champion 3100w genset
2017 Jayco North Point 377RLBH w/Kodiak disc brakes/Titan actuator, Truma AquaGo Comfort, Sailun S637, home of Darin & Dana. Where the 377 has been towed since 5/27/16:
Dskyward is offline   Reply With Quote