Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-09-2017, 06:14 PM   #1241

Ok Dan, so for us lazy types, what was the fix?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Magnolia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 06:46 PM   #1242

I have no idea...the DW had the patience to read the directions!

She says she pushed the options button on the front panel until she saw power off and then she had to press and hold the "set" button for 10 seconds. The fridge will then turn off. Wait 30 seconds and push the set button again.

DISCLAIMER....I had nothing to do with this fix...my patience was gone at that point!...

Old 07-09-2017, 07:23 PM   #1243

Dan you made your wife repair your refrigerator??
jasum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 07:27 PM   #1244

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasum View Post
Dan you made your wife repair your refrigerator??

You're darn straight! You know I don't do my own mods!

Old 07-10-2017, 09:50 AM   #1245

Location: Full timing in the 377, but Llano, Texas is now home
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookemdanno View Post
Just a reminder to make sure y'all are keeping the owners manuals with you in the RV. Arrived at FL and the fridge lock failed and the door was wide open and a few things were on the floor, but no mess. The fridge wouldn't cool after that. Reading the owners Manuel for the residential fridge says that it will go into "sabeth" mode if the door is left open. The owners Manuel tells you the super secret way to reset the fridge. Afterwards. All was good and it's cooling again. Just FYI.

Bookemdanno-Sorry to hear your lock failed. Did it just come unlocked (hard bumps) or did the latch catch come off the door? As fulltimers with 14,666 miles, we've not witnessed a complete unlatch, but a halfway unlatch on one trip startled the wife into using those red bungee/ball loop ties from Walmart wrapped around the handles to secure the doors.

However...upon arrival on the first stopover on our maiden voyage to Yellowstone from the Middlebury dealership on June 16, 2016, the DW opened the front door to this and wasn't happy: (see pics below).

The dealer technician failed to latch the door lock, is the short of it. The funny story goes that on day 1, the factory forgot to turn on the island water valve and there was no water at the dispenser that evening. The dealer tech turned it back on Day 2(while we were away from the on site trial hookups). Day 7, kitchen sink was stopped up, I investigated, found a valve below and turned it off as a precaution and forgot about it(not knowing it went to the fridge). Some 15 minutes later, I learned we had a 2nd grey tank release handle, which is the island sink drain. Water drained for almost 10 minutes! As you can imagine, I felt much embarrassed. Then days later, I learned the ice maker stopped making ice, hence the appt with dealer on June 16 to fix this and other minor things. Tech tells me the news of that island valve. My ADD brain totally forgot! So when accidents happen, there are always at least 2 contributing factors. How did the gallon jug of milk survive and gallon jug of soy sauce didn't, from bottom shelf? Why did the DW insist on carrying a gallon jug of soy sauce? Why didn't either of us double check the fridge after he was done with it? Yes, my ADD brain was the root cause, which started the chain of events in the first place. It all cleaned up in the end, after about 2.5 hrs of cleanup that night and 2.5 hrs shampooing the carpet and couch upholstery the next day. Our coach smelled as an Asian restaurant for the next 4-5 months.

Our rig is safe from me at the moment, awaiting the end of my repair list at Jayco Service Center.

ps- Strange, that our fridge still worked fine and never went into sabbath mode as you described.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0216.jpg   IMG_0219.jpg   IMG_0218.jpg  
2007 Dodge Ram 3500 Laramie MC 4x2 DRW 6.7CTD, B&W Companion Slider 3405, Edge Evolution CS (deleted DPF/DOC-special tune), TireMinder TM-77, Firestone air springs, CustomFlow tailgate, Tonnosport tonneau cover, Champion 3100w genset
2017 Jayco North Point 377RLBH w/Kodiak disc brakes/Titan actuator, Truma AquaGo Comfort, Sailun S637, home of Darin & Dana. Where the 377 has been towed since 5/27/16:
Dskyward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 09:42 PM   #1246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnolia Tom View Post
Mine came with 2 as well
Was reading over this thread again and mine came with 3
Pappyt2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 09:35 AM   #1247

Tire Pressure Monitor

I am about to buy the EEZ Tire Pressure Monitoring System with 10 sensors for my 377 and 2016 Chevy 3500.

My question is about the 10 sensors. They sell a combination of flow through and/or anti-theft sensors.

What combination of sensor types would be best and why?
Old 07-13-2017, 12:00 PM   #1248

Hello there. I try to keep up with this thread when I can. To you, Tom, and ANYBODY else that has had the cracking issue which needs the frame to be repaired, please list what kind of hitches are being used by everybody and what model year and early or late of each year model. Tom, I see you were using a Curt Q25 hitch. What hitch was MadJoker TX using?
I've read where some hitches cause extra strain on the camper frame. But it's usually the 5th wheel to gooseneck adaptors.
I would think that this should be a recall on all campers if one or 2 are doing it?!? I have an early 2017 model bought last July.
Thanks for all the info on here. Very concerned about the frame issue though.

2017 Jayco North Point 377 RLBH
2016 Ford F350 Platinum White DRW
NitroStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 12:49 PM   #1249

Send a message via AIM to JeremiahM Send a message via MSN to JeremiahM
Quote:
Ok Dan, so for us lazy types, what was the fix?

I don't mean to get off subject, Tom, what type of (name) of eternabond tape did you use? And where did you get it? I would go back and look but this thread is waay too long

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 07-14-2017, 01:06 PM   #1250

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroStar View Post
Hello there. I try to keep up with this thread when I can. To you, Tom, and ANYBODY else that has had the cracking issue which needs the frame to be repaired, please list what kind of hitches are being used by everybody and what model year and early or late of each year model. Tom, I see you were using a Curt Q25 hitch. What hitch was MadJoker TX using?
I've read where some hitches cause extra strain on the camper frame. But it's usually the 5th wheel to gooseneck adaptors.
I would think that this should be a recall on all campers if one or 2 are doing it?!? I have an early 2017 model bought last July.

Mine is a late build 2016 model. So far there doesn't appear to be any causal connection to the cracking sidewall. It would be nice to know if you have "x" or use "y", then you are more likely to have a crack. May just need some more members with cracking sidewalls to see what the correlation is.

Old 07-14-2017, 01:08 PM   #1251

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremiahM View Post
I don't mean to get off subject, Tom, what type of (name) of eternabond tape did you use? And where did you get it? I would go back and look but this thread is waay too long

Eterna bond is the brand name of the tape. You can get online from many retailers. Amazon is a good source

Old 07-14-2017, 03:08 PM   #1252

Tom I never heard how your brakes turned out after your dealer installed new seals and things??

2016 Pinnacle 36 KPTS
2016 F350 Lariat CC LB dually 6.7
Old 07-14-2017, 03:25 PM   #1253

Send a message via AIM to JeremiahM Send a message via MSN to JeremiahM
Quote:
Eterna bond is the brand name of the tape. You can get online from many retailers. Amazon is a good source

I don't mean to keep bugging you, but there are several different types of Eterna bond when I look on Google, guess just try to find white

Old 07-14-2017, 03:30 PM   #1254

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasum View Post
Tom I never heard how your brakes turned out after your dealer installed new seals and things??

They weren't any better at first but now that they're "broken in", I'd say they are adequate. Not great but much better than before. Enough to let me put discs on the back burner for now

Old 07-14-2017, 03:33 PM   #1255

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremiahM View Post
I don't mean to keep bugging you, but there are several different types of Eterna bond when I look on Google, guess just try to find white

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B002R...BYL&ref=plSrch

This is what you want to get

Old 07-14-2017, 03:47 PM   #1256

Quote:
They weren't any better at first but now that they're "broken in", I'd say they are adequate. Not great but much better than before. Enough to let me put discs on the back burner for now

Just picked mine up today from dealer after getting refrigerator replaced and new wheel seals.......
They said everything on brakes checked out, have correct amps etc. Said I would notice a big difference........
Brakes are exactly the same. Can feel very little braking from trailer.
Controller set at 10

2016 Pinnacle 36 KPTS
2016 F350 Lariat CC LB dually 6.7
Old 07-14-2017, 03:56 PM   #1257

Location: Full timing in the 377, but Llano, Texas is now home
Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroStar View Post
Hi NitroStar, I have the largest sidewall crack at the master slide seen on this forum on the first model 2017 377,pulling with an 2007 Dodge Ram 3500 Megacab dually and newest model 3405 B&W Companion Slider hitch. I know we've hit several interstate bridge seams which sound like a bomb going off. I also use my Firestone air spring helpers inflated to 55 psi when loaded. I measure about 4000 lbs pin wt from our rig.

Good news is our rig will be ready for pickup by next Friday. Jayco service has had our rig since Jun 27, and I'm anxious to see the crack repair job, plus the 46 other repair items on the list.
2007 Dodge Ram 3500 Laramie MC 4x2 DRW 6.7CTD, B&W Companion Slider 3405, Edge Evolution CS (deleted DPF/DOC-special tune), TireMinder TM-77, Firestone air springs, CustomFlow tailgate, Tonnosport tonneau cover, Champion 3100w genset
2017 Jayco North Point 377RLBH w/Kodiak disc brakes/Titan actuator, Truma AquaGo Comfort, Sailun S637, home of Darin & Dana. Where the 377 has been towed since 5/27/16:
Dskyward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 04:19 PM   #1258

Mods to 377 RLBH?

Jasum

That's how mine was too. Set your controller to 7 while brakes are getting broken in. You'll see there's not much difference between 7 and 10. After some stop and go driving they'll get better. At least mine did. Then after they start to feel different you cab adjust the gain

Old 07-14-2017, 04:32 PM   #1259

Quote:
Jasum

That's how mine was too. Set your controller to 7 while brakes are getting broken in. You'll see there's not much difference between 7 and 10. After some stop and go driving they'll get better. At least mine did. Then after they start to feel different you cab adjust the gain

My brakes didn't get replaced...only the wheel seals.
My brakes should have been "broke in" by now I would have thought......
I have never had a trailer with brakes like this.
Old 07-14-2017, 06:27 PM   #1260

If you had grease in your brakes there ain't no way it is coming off.
Get on the horn with Jayco.
Their ****ty seals contaminated your brakes.
Make your dealer prove the trailer has brakes on another truck.
Mine couldn't. He pretended it was adequate, but he new it wasn't right.
I have new everything from the spindles on.
And I have brakes for the first time.
I used to feel very little at 10. Now I pull at 7. And that is sometimes too much.

They gave me the same song and dance about "it all looks good and volts and amps check out."
It was the shop manager that finally got Lippert to agree.
Well wouldn't ya know it...stopping power.
And wouldn't ya know it...for the first time ever I have brake dust on my rims.
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote