Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-20-2017, 10:11 AM   #1281

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnolia Tom View Post
My latest mod...

Last trip out the DW had to take the dog out late at night. All the lights were off and she couldn't see which switch to turn on in the control panel without turning on the hallway light which would have disturbed the DD in the loft. So, I thought I'd get a light to illuminate the control panel. But, after some investigation, I found you can actually back light the panel.

Here is what I started with. Got it from Lowes. Same lights that I have on the steps. I was going to mount it on the cabinet rail over the panel shining down on the switches.

http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/at...4&d=1500564620

Next I opened up the panel to reveal the birds nest of wiring. I added a switch to one of the blank spaces labeled tank heater and wired in the light.

http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/at...1&d=1500564777

Here it is put back together with all the lights off and the panel illuminated from behind.

Sorry the the goofy format...I usually post on my phone, and I am not used to doing it on the computer

Great idea... Where did you mount the light?

I have thought about tracking down a light switch that is lighted to replace the entry switch that is down close to the floor by the entry door, but have not got around to looking for one online.

2012 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie DRW - High Output 6.7L Cummins, Max Tow, FireStone Airbags, 60 Gallon Titan XXL fuel tank, Fully Deleted
2017 Jayco North Point 377rlbh with Kaut NV 2.0 bike rack
jasonmiddlebrooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 10:31 AM   #1282

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonmiddlebrooks View Post
Great idea... Where did you mount the light?

I have thought about tracking down a light switch that is lighted to replace the entry switch that is down close to the floor by the entry door, but have not got around to looking for one online.

I didn't actually "mount" the light. I wanted it to shine on the middle of the panel so I have it "floating" by using scrap wire run thru the mounting holes then stapled the ends to the side walls of the cabinet. Basically I have a tightrope with the light attached to it, if that makes sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Magnolia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 10:33 AM   #1283

Quote:
Congrats on the new trailer! What did you have before?
Current trailer is a 2015 PrimeTime Crusader 321RES, made by Forest River, it's been a great trailer when it was just my wife and I, but now have a kid and need some more room and the 377 was a perfect fit.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
enmity02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 10:34 AM   #1284

Were you on the FR forum with the same user name? I used to own a coachmen TT.

Old 07-20-2017, 10:35 AM   #1285

Quote:
Were you on the FR forum with the same user name? I used to own a coachmen TT.

Yes I was, not as active on that forum though.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
enmity02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 01:04 PM   #1286

Quote:
My latest mod...

Last trip out the DW had to take the dog out late at night. All the lights were off and she couldn't see which switch to turn on in the control panel without turning on the hallway light which would have disturbed the DD in the loft. So, I thought I'd get a light to illuminate the control panel. But, after some investigation, I found you can actually back light the panel.
That panel has been been driving me a nuts for a while now. I can relate to your DW's issue of not being able to see it at night, but for the life of me I can't figure out why Jayco used that carbon fiber pattern on the panel itself. I looks cool, but is not very functional. I'm only 5'7" and the way sunlight shines on that panel during the day makes it impossible to read any of the lettering printed on it. Even the slightest light coming through the window reflects off of the panel and I can read the labels on any of the switches. I was thinking of purchasing one of those small label printing do-dads and print up some labels I can read. Maybe a back light would help in that regard as well.

Yet another fine mod, Tom. Keep it up!

It is a poverty to decide that a child must die so that you may live as you wish. -St. (Mother) Teresa
Catholic for a reason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 01:39 PM   #1287

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catholic for a reason View Post
That panel has been been driving me a nuts for a while now. I can relate to your DW's issue of not being able to see it at night, but for the life of me I can't figure out why Jayco used that carbon fiber pattern on the panel itself. I looks cool, but is not very functional. I'm only 5'7" and the way sunlight shines on that panel during the day makes it impossible to read any of the lettering printed on it. Even the slightest light coming through the window reflects off of the panel and I can read the labels on any of the switches. I was thinking of purchasing one of those small label printing do-dads and print up some labels I can read. Maybe a back light would help in that regard as well.

Yet another fine mod, Tom. Keep it up!

Thank you.

I think you'll find that if you do this mod, you will also be able to better read the lettering in the daylight as well when the light is turned on. That's what I noticed.

Old 07-20-2017, 04:28 PM   #1288

Quote:
My latest mod...

Here is what I started with. Got it from Lowes. Same lights that I have on the steps. I was going to mount it on the cabinet rail over the panel shining down on the switches.

http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/at...4&d=1500564620

Next I opened up the panel to reveal the birds nest of wiring. I added a switch to one of the blank spaces labeled tank heater and wired in the light.

Here it is put back together with all the lights off and the panel illuminated from behind.

Sorry the the goofy format...I usually post on my phone, and I am not used to doing it on the computer
I need your brain to function a little faster! LOL! That would have been a great mod prior to our Top Sail trip! Another mod that I'm gonna steal. Made it back today...all was good and safe...that's all that matters.
Old 07-20-2017, 04:46 PM   #1289

Mods to 377 RLBH?

Dan

Always nice when you get back home. Hope you had a great trip.

Old 07-20-2017, 06:20 PM   #1290

My very first Mod

The panel was my very first mod to our 377! I could never see the words and so then the label maker had to come out!
Attached Thumbnails
Panel.jpg  
Progressive EMS Hardwired
Beautiful Wife and Beautiful 11 YO Daughter
Standard Goldendoodle and Miniture Poodledoodle
Kahoneys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 06:24 PM   #1291

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahoneys View Post
The panel was my very first mod to our 377! I could never see the words and so then the label maker had to come out!
No offense Kahoneys, but Tom's backlight solution looks much "classier"! LOL!
Old 07-20-2017, 07:43 PM   #1292

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookemdanno View Post
No offense Kahoneys, but Tom's backlight solution looks much "classier"! LOL!

LOL! Thanks Dan [emoji3]

Old 07-20-2017, 07:53 PM   #1293

Quote:
LOL! Thanks Dan [emoji3]

I agree, but it was 2 years before Toms mod and my DW held my purse tightly after the purchase of the new RV!
Progressive EMS Hardwired
Beautiful Wife and Beautiful 11 YO Daughter
Standard Goldendoodle and Miniture Poodledoodle
Kahoneys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 08:45 PM   #1294

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srp66 View Post
I am about to buy the EEZ Tire Pressure Monitoring System with 10 sensors for my 377 and 2016 Chevy 3500.

My question is about the 10 sensors. They sell a combination of flow through and/or anti-theft sensors.

What combination of sensor types would be best and why?
I'm not sure if you got an answer yet on your question. I have the non flow through. I took off the pain in the rump anti-theft part. Which makes them even smaller in diameter. They work great and are not very cumbersome. I considered the flow through but with what I read they stick out farther than the screw on valve cap type sensors. Works great!!! I just set my tire pressure and screw on the sensor/valve cap and hit the road.
T&M_Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 09:29 PM   #1295

Living for the past month in your 377

I taught I can post some of our experience boondocking in our 377 for the past 30 days and I will post or explain some of the mods we made.

The context... we are camping on a ranch in Wyoming 30 miles of the closest town.... and if you call that a town when it has less than 1200 souls...

Our friend the ranch owner is able to provide us with water from his well but that's all.

Some more context... our 377 is equipped with 6 solar panels ( 900 watts) and a 3000 watts pure sine inverter and six 6 volts AGM 220 Ah batteries giving us 660 Ah ( more like half of that has we are not really suppose to use more than 50% of the capacity). But that allow us to run everything ( except the AC and the fireplace).

My wife and me are lucky to be able to work remotely so we decided to work 3 days a week for all summer long. We use a Wilson Booster and a cheap Verizon Pay as you go phone with the unlimited plan at 80$ a month. The closest cell tower is 19 miles away, we have straight line of sight of it and the booster is able to upgrade the LTE4 from -105db do -65 to -75 bd depending of the days.

It's hot... outside 90-100 for the past 2 weeks, we had to use the generator to make it cold enough to be able to work but still in the 80's inside...

So now that you got the picture I'll try to explain and post some of the mods but here is a list...

1. 52 inches ceiling fan

2. Replaced all the roof fan with some of the Maxxair that can stay open when it rain

3. We redid all the plumbing from the outside panel ( that nice one with all coloured button) looks nice but thrust me those are taking a lot of pressure and those plastic valve look so cheap...use flex and copper valve did a water heater bypass and we isolated the line for the washing machine as we don't plan to install one right away and it was a pain to winterize.

4. We installed replaced the water pump with a 4 gpm one and we used the "old" one as a way of filling the water tank and at the same time a spare one. Yes we have 2 pumps...one for the trailer and one for filling up the reservoir.

5. We relocated some of the switches from the main panel to have them on the wall close to the kitchen, I think they are called Entry, Upper Accent , Ceiling

6. Installed 3 extra fan on a switch to help the LP fridge to cool down, at the same time we replaced the cheap piece of wood on the top vent with an aluminum one that will at lest stay in place. The pice of wood was just hold with cheap staples. And you should see how warm it his on the back of that fridge...

7. Relocated the water filter that was right at the city water connexion. WE have it now under the sink.

8. Reframed the outside kitchen compartment with some 2x3 and some real plywood for the floor so we could use it as a real storage.

9. To come... all the 12V grounds are installed in a cheap way under the outside kitchen compartment, I plan to redo all that "the marine way" and have a real ground buss bar and all grounds made the right way.

10. We transformed the bedroom in the loft extension in a office.... I think I already posted some pictures of that one.

Thierry
Old 07-21-2017, 08:42 PM   #1296

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dskyward View Post
Very decorative and looks great, Pappyt2. It looks like they have a wheel to close a damper, is that correct? Also a better guard for objects falling in. Last Nov. I replaced all five on my 377 with identicals by JR Products on Amazon that came with a damper. Credit goes to Hoojs12840 post#127. Don't know why Jayco couldn't have included dampers in their registers?
Yes and they are solid metal no plastic
Pappyt2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 10:35 PM   #1297

Location: Full timing in the 377, but Llano, Texas is now home
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappyt2 View Post
Yes and they are solid metal no plastic
Excellent! Very classy. Keep those neat mods coming
2007 Dodge Ram 3500 Laramie MC 4x2 DRW 6.7CTD, B&W Companion Slider 3405, Edge Evolution CS (deleted DPF/DOC-special tune), TireMinder TM-77, Firestone air springs, CustomFlow tailgate, Tonnosport tonneau cover, Champion 3100w genset
2017 Jayco North Point 377RLBH w/Kodiak disc brakes/Titan actuator, Truma AquaGo Comfort, Sailun S637, home of Darin & Dana. Where the 377 has been towed since 5/27/16:
Dskyward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 08:02 PM   #1298

Small mod, I've recently found myself working on my TV a lot since the warranty is out, getting rid of unneeded restrictions and what not. Anyway I found myself putting a lot of tools in my tiny kitchen (2017 model) and needed to organize all the sockets, wrenches and misc tools. Found a toolbox that fit perfect on Amazon, turned the socket upright and relocated the light.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AC4RWZ0..._yHKNyMyRl8nDy

Old 07-25-2017, 09:11 PM   #1299

Looks good seansbass1!

Old 07-26-2017, 09:52 PM   #1300

Mods to 377 RLBH?

Loaded up trailer this evening for our trip to the mountains tomorrow. Notice some condensation on the ceiling of the loft by the vent. (Had ac running to cool it down). No biggie I thought because I had the loft's vent closed. Then I noticed the ceiling had condensation by the cargo net area. Now I knew I had an air leak. And I knew it was the duct going to the bunk room. It's always warm in the bunk room and kids are always complaining about it. So I did some investigation.

This is the dummy panel hiding the duct

Here's the duct

Removed 3 screws on the flange and duct is out

The flange is only spot welded and you can see all the gaps and the light going thru them. I started taping it up.

I went ahead and taped the gap between the ceiling and the main duct. Then reinstalled. Also put tape on the outside edge of the flange.

Odd discovery on this....the airflow was improved a little (kinda disappointing) on the main AC. But, when using the bedroom AC, you really can tell the difference. So, I think I'm going to take it back apart after I get back next week and trim the flange so it doesn't stick up so far into the main duct and I think I'll see better flow when using the main ac.

Hopefully this will help some of you who are also experiencing low airflow in the bunk.