Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-08-2017, 07:40 PM   #1441

This evening after getting in from work I had a package waiting on me. Finally I got my cabinet struts. I also ordered some magnets for the storage doors. I got rid of the junky hook and loop thing for the outdoor kitchenette and also but em on the main storage door so they would both be up and out of the way. Also added one to the opposite side storage door to keep it from swinging into me when I have it open to drain the tanks or whatever else I'm doing over there. I'll try to get some pics if anyone is interested in these.

I already have done the vent mod that Tom showed all of us how to do to greatly improve the airflow.
1stnlast59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 07:44 PM   #1442

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stnlast59 View Post
This evening after getting in from work I had a package waiting on me. Finally I got my cabinet struts. I also ordered some magnets for the storage doors. I got rid of the junky hook and loop thing for the outdoor kitchenette and also but em on the main storage door so they would both be up and out of the way. Also added one to the opposite side storage door to keep it from swinging into me when I have it open to drain the tanks or whatever else I'm doing over there. I'll try to get some pics if anyone is interested in these.

I already have done the vent mod that Tom showed all of us how to do to greatly improve the airflow.

Please post pics after you add your magnets to the doors. We always love pics!
Plus, as I've been known to say, pics or it didn't happen [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Magnolia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 07:44 PM   #1443

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stnlast59 View Post

We always need pics lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
twadd10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 11:12 AM   #1444

There is now an index to all the major mods in this thread in the first post. It will list the mod and the post when it was first discussed. Big thanks to Fire_Instructor for compiling the index.

Let the mods continue!

Old 08-10-2017, 12:39 PM   #1445

A note on the mod index....

I tried to capture the first post related to someone actually completing a mod. In many cases, a mod gets discussed for a few days, evaporates for a while, then picks up several months later. I've also tried to identify where the pick-ups occurred.

In several occasions, similar mods, completed different ways are identified. The best example of this is the outside kitchen mod. Four different modifications, four entries (and I'm STILL trying to figure out which I'm going to copy!).

If I missed your favorite mod, I truly apologize!!!! Just let me know what and where it is, and I'll add it to future index updates. I KNOW that I missed a mod on the remote controlled bath fan, but my brain just couldn't go back through the almost 1500 posts a third time to look for it... if you know where it is, please let me know!

Hopefully, we've made this FANTASTIC thread even better, and easier for everyone (especially new users) to use. Please let Tom or I know if you have any suggestions.

2014 RAM Laramie 2500 w/6.7L Cummins Diesel and Automated Safety Hitch
2016 377RLBH Jayco North Point
300W of Suntech Solar w/Rogue MPPT Controller & Xantrex 2000W PSW Inverter
Fire_Instructor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 12:57 PM   #1446
CTP

Thank you Tom and Fire Instructor!
Old 08-11-2017, 10:17 AM   #1447

Location: Full timing in the 377, but Llano, Texas is now home
Oh wow, that looks fantastic! Thank you very much Rick and Tom! I didn't know that who holds the first post can still edit time and again. That was a lot of hard tedious work. So, as this mod thread keeps going, then periodic updates are now the norm?
2007 Dodge Ram 3500 Laramie MC 4x2 DRW 6.7CTD, B&W Companion Slider 3405, Edge Evolution CS (deleted DPF/DOC-special tune), TireMinder TM-77, Firestone air springs, CustomFlow tailgate, Tonnosport tonneau cover, Champion 3100w genset
2017 Jayco North Point 377RLBH w/Kodiak disc brakes/Titan actuator, Truma AquaGo Comfort, Sailun S637, home of Darin & Dana. Where the 377 has been towed since 5/27/16:
Dskyward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 10:23 AM   #1448

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dskyward View Post
Oh wow, that looks fantastic! Thank you very much Rick and Tom! I didn't know that who holds the first post can still edit time and again. That was a lot of hard tedious work. So, as this mod thread keeps going, then periodic updates are now the norm?
Darin

I could not go back and edit the first post so I asked for some help from one of the moderators who added the index that Rick put together. When enough new mods get done, I'll ask to update the index. Don't want to wear out my welcome

Old 08-11-2017, 12:39 PM   #1449

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnolia Tom View Post
There is now an index to all the major mods in this thread in the first post. It will list the mod and the post when it was first discussed. Big thanks to Fire_Instructor for compiling the index.

Let the mods continue!

Tom what is the easiest way to use the new index? Seems you can't click on the mod you are interested in. Or did I miss something?? LOL
jasum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 12:49 PM   #1450

Jack

At the moment it's just a "table of contents" if you will. It's wasn't written with links to the mod. I'll see if I can get with a moderator to include links to the mod.

Old 08-11-2017, 01:09 PM   #1451

Quote:
At the moment it's just a "table of contents" if you will. It's wasn't written with links to the mod. I'll see if I can get with a moderator to include links to the mod.
Tom,

Thanks for taking the time and effort to compile this list.

Just a suggestion, if you add the page # along with the post #, then you can use the "go to page" option to get to the post better.

Again thanks for doing the listing.
Old 08-11-2017, 01:19 PM   #1452

Quote:
Jack

Thanks Tom.....thought maybe I misssd something
Old 08-11-2017, 01:38 PM   #1453

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROC-REQS View Post
Tom,

Thanks for taking the time and effort to compile this list.

Just a suggestion, if you add the page # along with the post #, then you can use the "go to page" option to get to the post better.

Again thanks for doing the listing.
The number of posts per page is user set. Default is 10/page, but it can vary by user. If you are set at 10/page, using the index is easy. If you are looking for post #123 it will be on page 13. Post #445 will be on on page 45. This is post# 1453, and it's on page 146.

So with the three and four digit posts, drop the number to the right and look one page number more than what's left.

2014 RAM Laramie 2500 w/6.7L Cummins Diesel and Automated Safety Hitch
2016 377RLBH Jayco North Point
300W of Suntech Solar w/Rogue MPPT Controller & Xantrex 2000W PSW Inverter
Fire_Instructor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 04:25 PM   #1454

I'm back from the "left coast"...again! Thanks for doing this guys!
Old 08-11-2017, 05:25 PM   #1455

I just posted a new thread that has all the mods listed with links. Hopefully it can become a sticky for easy review

Old 08-11-2017, 05:28 PM   #1456

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dskyward View Post
As a refresher, I mentioned in the past that our bunkhouse doors have plagued us by falling off the track and rollers time and again over the miles. Weighing 26 lbs each, I thought that is 52 lbs of dead weight, plus the headache of re-attaching with longer screws. But even the studs jar loose on rough roads. These doors and its hardware are simply losers. We knew we wanted a simple lightweight curtain that would suffice light and privacy, forget about sound. We first thought about a shower curtain, rod, and rings, but most of these curtains are see through. We found in the Home area at Walmart a nice solution, a 42"x82" Black Out Panel. Several colors and patterns to choose from. I wanted Expresso, our main color theme, but the DW said NO! What!? She decided she liked the Samara Pewter. I just shook my head.

Got home, opened it up and went to work. The 42" width is perfect. The length, for now, I just folded up 9" and hemmed with straight pins. Now it looks like its meant to have floor pockets. Since the 4 stock track and rollers are paid for, yet can't be removed, I thought why not use these? With an exacto knife, I made four 13" spaced 1/8" straight cuts, used a small screwdriver to punch through a round opening and carefully, yet tedious work to insert the threaded roller studs. In my tote bag of tricks, I had 4 1/4-20 nuts and 8 washers and sandwiched the material so to not pull out. Screwed them in up as far as possible. It's a significantly tight fit, and not coming loose anytime soon. I removed the track stops, except for one to use on the right side seen from inside bunk house. It's preference.

All in all, I'm quite pleased. The look from the kitchen kinda matches the stainless refer. So the DW knew what she was doing. I'm impressed. It does muffle the sound a little, which is surprising.
We put a solid core door in place of the pocket door. Love the sound barrier it provides for our daughter!
Attached Thumbnails
183.jpg   185.jpg  
Progressive EMS Hardwired
Beautiful Wife and Beautiful 11 YO Daughter
Standard Goldendoodle and Miniture Poodledoodle
Kahoneys is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 06:03 PM   #1457

Great job Tom.........that's AWESOME!!
Old 08-12-2017, 09:07 AM   #1458

Re: Carpet strip in front of couch/dinette slide.

Did you just pull up the carpet? They used staples or carpet tacks? Plain flooring underneath? I wanted to do that to ours but was afraid of what I'd find underneath.
Maggie, Old English Sheepdog
vcbice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 09:10 AM   #1459

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcbice View Post
Re: Carpet strip in front of couch/dinette slide.

Did you just pull up the carpet? They used staples or carpet tacks? Plain flooring underneath? I wanted to do that to ours but was afraid of what I'd find underneath.
Yes, just pull it up...you'll find they just stapled it down (with a lot of staples). There is the vinyl flooring underneath. Just be aware that their cutting of the vinyl by the slide out may not be perfect and you may have some exposed wood or an over-cut exposed when the carpet is removed.

Old 08-12-2017, 09:36 AM   #1460

Ok, tried it. Put it back down. There were places where the wood was showing all the way out. Oh well.
Maggie, Old English Sheepdog
vcbice is offline   Reply With Quote