Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-17-2017, 02:55 PM   #1481

Hey UpstateNYer, just finished sanding the ladder steps you suggested. Thanks for that idea. Got the same complaints from the G-kids. What paint color and type did you use? PS, my brother just retired as a NYS Trooper. He was in Loudenville for a while.

2021 Coachmen Freelander 29KB
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
NSA Ready Brute Elite II tow bar
Springhook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 06:48 PM   #1482

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springhook View Post
Hey UpstateNYer, just finished sanding the ladder steps you suggested. Thanks for that idea. Got the same complaints from the G-kids. What paint color and type did you use? PS, my brother just retired as a NYS Trooper. He was in Loudenville for a while.
Good ole Troop G.. I work at a dealership that does warranty work on their cars/tahoes etc... Know quite a few people over there.. Small world!

I used a stain on them, but cant remember the shade. I can check tomorrow night when we go to camp. Also make sure to use a countersink bit to drill the holes. I'll let you know what shade I used..

UpstateNYer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 06:53 PM   #1483

I learned about countersinking after I test fitted one of the unstained steps. (Small scratch)

Old 08-17-2017, 06:57 PM   #1484

So... which Mod do I do first, you guys have given so many good ones.

Got word that it arrived last night, I pick it up Monday! Dealer is doing the vent covers, surge protector for me before I pick it up.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
enmity02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 09:48 PM   #1485

Quote:
Originally Posted by enmity02 View Post
So... which Mod do I do first, you guys have given so many good ones.

Got word that it arrived last night, I pick it up Monday! Dealer is doing the vent covers, surge protector for me before I pick it up.

Beautiful rig!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Magnolia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 09:06 AM   #1486

So I did my magnetic mods today.. started with main door. Since the bracket on the door was riveted on I decided to leave the old hardware there. The new door holder,https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074DTHW7Z attaches via 3M adhesive tape. You can see in the pictures below just how easy this was. I cleaned the camper side surface and attached the holder. I then attached the door side catch to the end of the holder and removed the tape from it. Cleaned the door good and just closed the door up against the tape. Very easy! Magnet could be a bit stronger but it works well. If it gets too windy I always have the original latch there as backup. I did remove the door stop from the camper side bracket.

I then moved onto the storage doors. After doing the kitchen one I decided to go with 2 magnets on the large door just for peace of mind. Very easy to do.. I'm extremely happy with these magnetic mods!

Cheers!!!
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1452.jpg   IMG_1453.jpg   IMG_1454.jpg   IMG_1458.jpg   IMG_1457.jpg  

IMG_1456.jpg  

Old 08-19-2017, 09:22 AM   #1487

Quote:

This is the stain I used..
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1459.jpg  

Old 08-19-2017, 09:44 AM   #1488

Wow, what a coincidence. I tested with the same product only Pecan Satin. Came out way too light. Maye cuz I used pine. Did you use pine?

Old 08-19-2017, 10:37 AM   #1489

Quote:
Wow, what a coincidence. I tested with the same product only Pecan Satin. Came out way too light. Maye cuz I used pine. Did you use pine?
I used pine as well. Definately lighter than what is on the stairs now, but not really that noticeable in the somewhat darker hallway.. the stairs are definitely made of hard wood..
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1460.JPG  

Old 08-20-2017, 07:46 PM   #1490

After reading the multiple comments on taping the AC ducts, and having low volume out of the vents and cool air coming out around the light switches, I was anxious to see what ours looked like in the 2017 310W Seismic Wave. Guess what - another disappointment on quality craftsmanship. I've only done 4 so far, but all 4 had major gaps (3/4" to 1") on one or two sides of the black rings. The only good thing was that the black rings were basically flush with the bottom of the ducts so I didn't have to cut them. I used them to fill the gap between the ceiling and the bottom of the ducts, and hold the tape to seal the ring to the ducts & the ceiling. I did separate them from the vent cover and reversed them putting the 4 tabs up towards the duct so that the vent cover just slipped in them without using the tabs. It amazing how much ac air is now coming out of the 2 garage vents! Hope to finish the other 4 in the next few days. Quality is definitely NOT JOB 1 at Jayco.
La Cajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 07:30 PM   #1491

I see Jayco borrowed another idea for 2018 from this forum, I don't recall seeing this on the 2017s

enmity02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 10:23 PM   #1492

My late 17 has it but yea your right. They aughta pay Tom a finders fee
1stnlast59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 06:31 PM   #1493

I couldn't wait to do this minor mod after seeing the pictures of the 2018 models. Boy is the new handle "handy". Works great for our 4YO daughter and I think it will greatly assist our aging parents when they visit. I got it for $40 from our local dealer. 1st 2 pics are the original handle and the last 2 are the new one!
Attached Thumbnails
20170825_151647.jpg   20170825_151701.jpg   20170825_155828.jpg   20170825_155820.jpg  
Progressive EMS Hardwired
Beautiful Wife and Beautiful 11 YO Daughter
Standard Goldendoodle and Miniture Poodledoodle
Kahoneys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 06:51 PM   #1494

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahoneys View Post
I couldn't wait to do this minor mod after seeing the pictures of the 2018 models. Boy is the new handle "handy". Works great for our 4YO daughter and I think it will greatly assist our aging parents when they visit. I got it for $40 from our local dealer. 1st 2 pics are the original handle and the last 2 are the new one!
I think that handle would've made a huge difference for us last year. My (then) 8YO daughter missed the handle from the top step and feel face 1st into the slide/wheel covering and put a nice gash in her face...she still has the scar. Now I put a cut pool noodle on the slide/wheel edge.
Old 08-26-2017, 07:23 AM   #1495
KAR

Kahoneys did that utilize the anchors from the original hand rail?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
KAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 09:17 AM   #1496

Yes it did. All I did was get a new 4" piece of "gum tape" (I don't know the actual name of the tape) to put over the holes to reseal them preventing water from entering the RV.
Old 08-26-2017, 10:48 PM   #1497

Location: Full timing in the 377, but Llano, Texas is now home
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateNYer View Post
So I did my magnetic mods today.. started with main door. Since the bracket on the door was riveted on I decided to leave the old hardware there. The new door holder,https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074DTHW7Z attaches via 3M adhesive tape. You can see in the pictures below just how easy this was. I cleaned the camper side surface and attached the holder. I then attached the door side catch to the end of the holder and removed the tape from it. Cleaned the door good and just closed the door up against the tape. Very easy! Magnet could be a bit stronger but it works well. If it gets too windy I always have the original latch there as backup. I did remove the door stop from the camper side bracket.

I then moved onto the storage doors. After doing the kitchen one I decided to go with 2 magnets on the large door just for peace of mind. Very easy to do.. I'm extremely happy with these magnetic mods!

Cheers!!!
Very nice! I may be doing that in the future now. Hopefully they increase magnet power soon. I see you used two magnets on the basement door. I thought long on that one, but I used only one on each door as the magnets seem to have excellent force. I did say about 3 lbs in my post, but realistically, it may only be 1-2.
2007 Dodge Ram 3500 Laramie MC 4x2 DRW 6.7CTD, B&W Companion Slider 3405, Edge Evolution CS (deleted DPF/DOC-special tune), TireMinder TM-77, Firestone air springs, CustomFlow tailgate, Tonnosport tonneau cover, Champion 3100w genset
2017 Jayco North Point 377RLBH w/Kodiak disc brakes/Titan actuator, Truma AquaGo Comfort, Sailun S637, home of Darin & Dana. Where the 377 has been towed since 5/27/16:
Dskyward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 02:53 PM   #1498

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahoneys View Post
Yes it did. All I did was get a new 4" piece of "gum tape" (I don't know the actual name of the tape) to put over the holes to reseal them preventing water from entering the RV.
Did you use butyl tape? I want to get this handle also. Original is too small for the long 4 steps that we have!

2017 Jayco North Point 377 RLBH
2016 Ford F350 Platinum White DRW
NitroStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 03:02 PM   #1499

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dskyward View Post
Not sure, I've not ever removed one. For my 377, however, the rear 7' valance box and all has fallen twice. First time, the left side came down, the second time both sides came down. I ended up putting 3 more 2" L brackets which are more heavy duty, and moved the factory brackets outward a tad and I hit the aluminum frame. I had to drill a pilot hole first, but if you have metal screws that are self tapping, not necessary. It's not coming down again.
My rear valance box does NOT have any L brackets! Only 2 screws going up into the overhead cabinets. I will install two 3" brackets when I pick them up. I'll try posting pics. Also I found out to remove the blinds without removing the balance box, you get a substantial tool to push up on the silver tabs that hold the blind in place and it pops right out. I'm going to try and find an owners manual online to see which way to turn the spring tensioners to tighten the lift action some. I don't want to mess the springs up for sure!

2017 Jayco North Point 377 RLBH
2016 Ford F350 Platinum White DRW
NitroStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 06:14 PM   #1500

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroStar View Post
Did you use butyl tape? I want to get this handle also. Original is too small for the long 4 steps that we have!

Yes its Butyl tape. It is a Stromberg Carlson lend a hand extended assist rail AM-533. The dealers I talked to sold it for a lot less then I could find it online for. Plus I really really like giving my business to the brick and mortar stores!