Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-16-2017, 05:51 PM   #1621

Darn Tom, that sucker looks brand new! When can I️ come down and have you do mine?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-16-2017, 05:57 PM   #1622

Thanks Dan!

Only 3 hours start to finish.

Come on over to Magnolia (and bring the refreshments [emoji481])and we'll get er done!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Magnolia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 08:02 PM   #1623

Looking good Tom. Haven't tried washing mine yet, Afraid of what my hill country hard water will leave on it. May have to get a mobile wash at a campsite. White streaks everywhere.

2021 Coachmen Freelander 29KB
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
NSA Ready Brute Elite II tow bar
Springhook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 08:23 PM   #1624

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springhook View Post
Looking good Tom. Haven't tried washing mine yet, Afraid of what my hill country hard water will leave on it. May have to get a mobile wash at a campsite. White streaks everywhere.

My water isn't soft either, but not as hard as yours probably. What I do is get the trailer wet, then spray it with a foam cannon which is attached to my power washer. Do one side at a time. Once it's covered in foam, get after it washing with a soft brush on a pole. Then rinse. After rinsing, use a spray wax or wax as you dry product to help prevent spots and dry. It's a lot of work and you need to move pretty quick to avoid water spots but it works for me. The spray wax i think is key. Bonus is you wax every time you wash and it doesn't really add much work to the process compared to a traditional wax. I do wax the front cap twice a year the old fashioned way but I've just started using Meguiars Fast Finish and it's much much easier (and faster)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Old 11-18-2017, 08:17 PM   #1625

Anyone use a ceramic based sealant instead of wax?

I started using Sonax Polymer Netshield on my black hulled boat last season and the length of time water beading occurs was dramatically increased.

I use it on my cars and only reapply every 6 months. Stuff is tough and should be just as safe on a decaled laminated wall as it is on my boat's decaled gel coat.
Lowmiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 08:25 PM   #1626

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnolia Tom View Post
No...my black tank is fine [emoji23]

Getting sidewall crack fixed

Since the crack at the bedroom slide corner seems to be a well known defect, with a factory documented field fix, anyone know if the factory has finally addressed this weakness in the framing on 2018 models? I emailed them with no response...
Old 11-18-2017, 08:41 PM   #1627

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowmiler View Post
Anyone use a ceramic based sealant instead of wax?

I started using Sonax Polymer Netshield on my black hulled boat last season and the length of time water beading occurs was dramatically increased.

I use it on my cars and only reapply every 6 months. Stuff is tough and should be just as safe on a decaled laminated wall as it is on my boat's decaled gel coat.

I’ve just started using Meguiars fast finish. I don’t believe it’s a ceramic sealant but so far it seems to be holding up well. It’s alleged to be a once a year product but I’ll probably reapply after 6 months. The beauty of it is how fast and easy it is. I did my CC dually long bed in less than 10 minutes.

I just washed my trailer and I applied the fast finish to the front cap after I cleaned all the bugs and black streaks off (I used bug and tar removal).

Old 11-18-2017, 08:51 PM   #1628

Quote:
Since the crack at the bedroom slide corner seems to be a well known defect, with a factory documented field fix, anyone know if the factory has finally addressed this weakness in the framing on 2018 models? I emailed them with no response...

I’m not sure it’s a well known defect, yet. Far as I can tell, there has only been a handful of us (JOF members) that have the crack and subsequent repair. However, when I got mine fixed, the dealer did 2 right before mine and had 3 or 4 more after me. I’d be willing to bet that since they have such lengthy and detailed repair instructions that they have taken notice of this defect and made adjustments. Probably similar to the outrigger problem that some owners had.

Old 11-20-2017, 11:43 AM   #1629

Location: Full timing in the 377, but Llano, Texas is now home
Quote:
Darin
Are you going to fix the new cracks yourself? That really stinks that your sign caused the cracks. Sorry to hear that.

I hopefully will be getting my trailer back today. Only about a month later than I was supposed to get it back.

Sorry for the late reply Tom. Been all over the US and missed a lot of emails. I'm several pages behind on this forum. The new cracks are micro small, so I'll leave as is. We're now down at Seawind RV resort again, for a week on Baffin Bay an hr south of Corpus. So nice here. Have family coming to join us for Thanksgiving. How does the crack repair look on your rig?
2007 Dodge Ram 3500 Laramie MC 4x2 DRW 6.7CTD, B&W Companion Slider 3405, Edge Evolution CS (deleted DPF/DOC-special tune), TireMinder TM-77, Firestone air springs, CustomFlow tailgate, Tonnosport tonneau cover, Champion 3100w genset
2017 Jayco North Point 377RLBH w/Kodiak disc brakes/Titan actuator, Truma AquaGo Comfort, Sailun S637, home of Darin & Dana. Where the 377 has been towed since 5/27/16:
Dskyward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 11:50 AM   #1630

Darin

Mine turned out pretty good.

Have a good thanksgiving

Old 11-20-2017, 12:22 PM   #1631

This crack is off the bottom corner of the front bed slide? I have a couple of small cracks there, maybe 1" long, no warranty so I'll just keep an eye on it.
PlayersZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 04:44 PM   #1632

Tom, I’m so far behind on your thread I don’t know where to start.
What was the frame fix for the crack?
You said the dealer fixed some before yours, do you know what models they were? Is it isolated to a more heavier rig like yours?

I’m out of warranty now...I haven’t seen my rig in almost 2 months. Still waiting for this brake issue and revisiting the floor supports.
Slide keep binding and they didn’t weld all the supports last year, only ones that were noticeably bent. Blows my mind that nothing can get done properly the first time.
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 04:54 PM   #1633

Quote:
Originally Posted by klassic View Post
Tom, I’m so far behind on your thread I don’t know where to start.

What was the frame fix for the crack?

You said the dealer fixed some before yours, do you know what models they were? Is it isolated to a more heavier rig like yours?

I’m out of warranty now...I haven’t seen my rig in almost 2 months. Still waiting for this brake issue and revisiting the floor supports.

Slide keep binding and they didn’t weld all the supports last year, only ones that were noticeably bent. Blows my mind that nothing can get done properly the first time.

They added an extra stud and cross brace as well as a gusset welded into the existing framing. The rig fixed before mine was another 377. I do not know what models were after me. In fact, the trailer that was fixed before mine has had the crack reappear. I will be closely monitoring mine. Who knows, a trade in may be in my future if this keeps up.

Old 11-20-2017, 05:06 PM   #1634

That has crossed my mind too.
I haven’t even used it very much the dealer has had it almost as long as me
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 05:11 PM   #1635

Between the crack and the crappy level up system, I’m just about ready to make a switch

Old 11-20-2017, 08:03 PM   #1636

2018 models: does the panel above the fireplace open up as a drawer like on the Pinnacles?

Either way, has anyone attempted to fit a soundbar in that location?
Old 11-20-2017, 08:17 PM   #1637

Quote:
2018 models: does the panel above the fireplace open up as a drawer like on the Pinnacles?

Either way, has anyone attempted to fit a soundbar in that location?

No, it doesn’t open, however, looks like it could possibly be converted!

Jayco NP 377RLBH
2017 Ruby Red F350 CCLB SRW
Truck Covers USA American Work Cover
Andersen Ult 5ver Hitch
Andersen Ultimate 5ver Hitch
bzeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 08:11 AM   #1638

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzeller View Post
No, it doesn’t open, however, looks like it could possibly be converted!
Well get crackin and show us how to do it!

On another note, let's see how y'all handle your storage. I'm coming from a 23' hybrid TT with a fraction of what the 377 can carry, and I'd love to see ideas on how to manage hoses, cords, slinkys, containers, etc.

Anyone install a cargo tray in the basement?
Old 11-21-2017, 09:08 AM   #1639

Quote:
Well get crackin and show us how to do it!

On another note, let's see how y'all handle your storage. I'm coming from a 23' hybrid TT with a fraction of what the 377 can carry, and I'd love to see ideas on how to manage hoses, cords, slinkys, containers, etc.

Anyone install a cargo tray in the basement?
I don't have a 377 but in my 361 I have more storage than I need. I made brackets to lock the bike forks into (wheels off) and fit them both into the basement. Didn't like the way they bounced around on the bumper. I also made some brackets to hold my BBQ in there. All my outdoor stuff except the sewage hose fits in the basement with room to spare.
PlayersZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 12:35 PM   #1640

Location: Full timing in the 377, but Llano, Texas is now home
Quote:
Between the crack and the crappy level up system, I’m just about ready to make a switch

Your master slide crack repair looks good, Tom. But you're not serious about switching, are you? You've done so many great things to it, and can't wait to see your new shocks. Are you looking for a newer 377? I had a leveling issue back in March where the nose was too low and found out how to perform a zero reset. It wasn't found anywhere in the manual so I went online and searched a bit, printed it out and keep for reference. It's quite easy and It now levels perfectly every time. That was about the halfway point of ownership. You should have the 3.0 system like mine, right? I read where the 2.0 system was total crap.
2007 Dodge Ram 3500 Laramie MC 4x2 DRW 6.7CTD, B&W Companion Slider 3405, Edge Evolution CS (deleted DPF/DOC-special tune), TireMinder TM-77, Firestone air springs, CustomFlow tailgate, Tonnosport tonneau cover, Champion 3100w genset
2017 Jayco North Point 377RLBH w/Kodiak disc brakes/Titan actuator, Truma AquaGo Comfort, Sailun S637, home of Darin & Dana. Where the 377 has been towed since 5/27/16:
Dskyward is offline   Reply With Quote