Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-22-2017, 07:54 PM   #1641

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dskyward View Post
Your master slide crack repair looks good, Tom. But you're not serious about switching, are you? You've done so many great things to it, and can't wait to see your new shocks. Are you looking for a newer 377? I had a leveling issue back in March where the nose was too low and found out how to perform a zero reset. It wasn't found anywhere in the manual so I went online and searched a bit, printed it out and keep for reference. It's quite easy and It now levels perfectly every time. That was about the halfway point of ownership. You should have the 3.0 system like mine, right? I read where the 2.0 system was total crap.

Darin

I was really frustrated the other day. I spent almost 4 hours fighting the leveling system. It wouldn’t extend the landing gear, then the landing legs would extend independently. There was really no rhyme or reason to what was going on. It worked perfectly the day before.

Then I got a text from another member who also has a 377. His crack was fixed the week before mine( same dealer too) and his has cracked again. So of course, I’m leery of the crack resurfacing.

So, if I did make a switch, and that’s a big if, I would probably look at something that had hydraulic leveling. Heck, my previous fifth wheel was a mid level heartland RV and it had hydraulic slides and landing gear. I love the 377 layout. I’d be looking for something with the same layout. I’ve actually owned this trailer longer than any other rig so it has definitely worked for us. It would be hard to switch, especially after getting this one “fixed up”. The DW needs to be on board before any thoughts of switching will happen so I’m not anticipating that happening any time soon.

I’ll post up pics when I get the replacement shock mounts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Magnolia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 12:24 AM   #1642

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnolia Tom View Post
Between the crack and the crappy level up system, I’m just about ready to make a switch

Hey Tom,

I have a 2017 377 if your interested! [emoji16]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
MadJoker TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 08:16 AM   #1643

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadJoker TX View Post
Hey Tom,

I have a 2017 377 if your interested! [emoji16]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Lmao!
You know you’re having the same thoughts!

Old 11-23-2017, 08:38 AM   #1644

Quote:
Lmao!
You know you’re having the same thoughts!

You know it! 28 degrees last night and once again at about 4:30am furnace decides to quit. Out in the freezing cold crawling around in the basement to flip that damn switch again only to have to do it again at 7:30am.

—————————————————
http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AL...0022978s8m.jpg

2017 NorthPoint 377RLBH
2017 F350 FX4 DRW 6.7 PSD
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGW...jCx2yKWbNHxFpQ
Old 11-23-2017, 08:49 AM   #1645

Sounds like a trip to Wally World to get a couple space heaters is in your future

Old 11-23-2017, 08:50 AM   #1646

Quote:
Sounds like a trip to Wally World to get a couple space heaters is in your future

Got one from last trailer and we keep the fireplace running on 82 also.

—————————————————

2017 NorthPoint 377RLBH
Old 11-23-2017, 09:57 AM   #1647

Man, when a couple OG 377 owner are starting to regret their purchase, I'm starting to get nervous about my incoming 2018...
Lowmiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 12:33 PM   #1648

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowmiler View Post
Man, when a couple OG 377 owner are starting to regret their purchase, I'm starting to get nervous about my incoming 2018...

Don’t be nervous. The 377 is great. Some of us who got the earlier models had some kinks that weren’t ironed out by Jayco. No different than buying a first year of a new design car. Heck, I wouldn’t have done half the mods I did if I got a 2018 model.

Old 11-23-2017, 12:55 PM   #1649

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowmiler View Post

BTW, I like “OG 377” owners! [emoji3]
I may need to change my user name and profile. LOL

Old 11-23-2017, 02:56 PM   #1650

Location: Full timing in the 377, but Llano, Texas is now home
Quote:
Darin

I was really frustrated the other day. I spent almost 4 hours fighting the leveling system. It wouldn’t extend the landing gear, then the landing legs would extend independently. There was really no rhyme or reason to what was going on. It worked perfectly the day before.

Then I got a text from another member who also has a 377. His crack was fixed the week before mine( same dealer too) and his has cracked again. So of course, I’m leery of the crack resurfacing.

So, if I did make a switch, and that’s a big if, I would probably look at something that had hydraulic leveling. Heck, my previous fifth wheel was a mid level heartland RV and it had hydraulic slides and landing gear. I love the 377 layout. I’d be looking for something with the same layout. I’ve actually owned this trailer longer than any other rig so it has definitely worked for us. It would be hard to switch, especially after getting this one “fixed up”. The DW needs to be on board before any thoughts of switching will happen so I’m not anticipating that happening any time soon.

I’ll post up pics when I get the replacement shock mounts.

I hear you on the leveling woes. I sense your frustration. I'm also sad to hear the crack repair resurfaced on another 377 done by your dealer. I'm told these slide cracks happen on many fifth wheels and class A and the similar rigs and some manufacturers leave a vertical gap at the stress point and cover with a trim strip or some leave it open and looks an eyesore. If it does, I'd contact Jayco Service in Middlebury and speak with Dave Underwood, our service writer, to find out what can be done.

Try a zero point calibration on the ground control system found here on pg 6 and print this PDF out. This troubleshooting guide has helped me and since been revised since I printed mine out last March. It's now 20 pgs vs my 13. click here.

Since I did a 0pt recal, I've only had two unsuccessful levels due to unknowns. Also try disconnecting the connections on two front landing jacks and reconnecting. I'm thinking it may be a wiring interruption that may have taken place. This TS manual discusses "Homing Jacks" also found on pg 6. I wish you best of luck and try not to get too frustrated and keep persistence.

I also want shocks on our 377 and am anxious to see how yours turns out.
2007 Dodge Ram 3500 Laramie MC 4x2 DRW 6.7CTD, B&W Companion Slider 3405, Edge Evolution CS (deleted DPF/DOC-special tune), TireMinder TM-77, Firestone air springs, CustomFlow tailgate, Tonnosport tonneau cover, Champion 3100w genset
2017 Jayco North Point 377RLBH w/Kodiak disc brakes/Titan actuator, Truma AquaGo Comfort, Sailun S637, home of Darin & Dana. Where the 377 has been towed since 5/27/16:
Dskyward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 03:00 PM   #1651

Darin

Thanks for the links

I’ve done the rehoming process several times the other day. I’ll probably do the zero point calibration when I get home as well. Shock install coming soon! [emoji3]

Old 12-01-2017, 07:34 PM   #1652

My sidewall crack is beginning to resurface. [emoji35]
Not very big at the moment but I’m sure it’ll grow.

Back to the dealer.

Old 12-01-2017, 08:02 PM   #1653

Maybe Tom you might have to bite the bullet and cut the crack it straight down and cover the cut with a moulding cap like on some other rigs.
Back in 2015 Jayco was touting they have a one piece wall design with no mouldings at that vulnerable area because of their superior frame design.
A vertical moulding there would bug me for the first day...then I would never see it again.
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 08:14 PM   #1654

My crack came back as well, along with a new one where they cut out the fiberglass to add the extra support.

—————————————————

2017 NorthPoint 377RLBH
Old 12-01-2017, 08:44 PM   #1655

Quote:
Originally Posted by klassic View Post
Maybe Tom you might have to bite the bullet and cut the crack it straight down and cover the cut with a moulding cap like on some other rigs.
Back in 2015 Jayco was touting they have a one piece wall design with no mouldings at that vulnerable area because of their superior frame design.
A vertical moulding there would bug me for the first day...then I would never see it again.

If it was built that way from day one, I wouldn’t care. But, now it would feel like a permanent band aid. Maybe I’d get over it after a while. Depends on how it looked I guess.

Old 12-01-2017, 09:18 PM   #1656

Quote:
If it was built that way from day one, I wouldn’t care. But, now it would feel like a permanent band aid. Maybe I’d get over it after a while. Depends on how it looked I guess.

I agree, I am the type that wants things back the way they came. I agree I might not even realize it after a bit, but would like to have if fixed without having that relief cut put in.

—————————————————

2017 NorthPoint 377RLBH
Old 12-01-2017, 11:08 PM   #1657

Location: Full timing in the 377, but Llano, Texas is now home
Just now reading the bad news on the crack. My heart is saddened and it goes out to you two. Even though my 377 has over 4 months and 5290 miles since my most ugliest crack repair, even though done at Jayco Service, I’m feeling more nervous now hearing this. At the pickup, I asked our service writer if any other repaired stress cracks on other rigs have ever returned, I was told no. So far, the repair is holding up nicely with no signs of any cracks or ripples as Tom's picture shows. I can only wonder how different the reinforce brace(s) were installed between your two rigs and mine, if the repair was done exactly per Jayco’s specifications?

We have hit many bad highway seams since the July repair and will undoubtedly hit many more and only time will tell how well or not so well Jayco did on it. After 5K miles and several months, I should feel much at ease, but I’m now on the other side of that ease.
2007 Dodge Ram 3500 Laramie MC 4x2 DRW 6.7CTD, B&W Companion Slider 3405, Edge Evolution CS (deleted DPF/DOC-special tune), TireMinder TM-77, Firestone air springs, CustomFlow tailgate, Tonnosport tonneau cover, Champion 3100w genset
2017 Jayco North Point 377RLBH w/Kodiak disc brakes/Titan actuator, Truma AquaGo Comfort, Sailun S637, home of Darin & Dana. Where the 377 has been towed since 5/27/16:
Dskyward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 08:08 AM   #1658

Darin,

I don’t think you need to be worried at all. Here are my reasons:

1. Your repair was done at the factory in a somewhat-controlled environment
2. Ours was done at the dealers shop with wide temperature swings and high humidity (not to mention the shop is not the neatest, cleanest shop)
3. Ours reappeared rather quickly (my case less than 2k miles in 2 months)

When Jokers crack reappeared, I knew it was only a matter of time before mine did too. Mine isn’t bad yet, but I haven’t travelled as much as Joker either so I’m sure it’ll only grow bigger. It’s going back to the dealer on Monday to get the ground Control fixed and they’ll assess the crack as well.

Old 12-02-2017, 09:28 AM   #1659

Generator

Hello all. This is my first post here. We traded our Octane Toyhauler in on a 2018 377RLBH. I was too cheap to get the generator package, as I'm not planning to use the generator a lot. We will be full timing with this model.

I just ordered this one... https://pulsar-products.com/products/pg10000b16/

I got a cyber week deal at Amazon for $569. I have a feeling they messed up, because the price is higher now...lol.

The plan is to remove the frame and gas tank. Then, I plan on building a box out of fireproof insulation, that will also work as sound deadening. The plan is to install a decent 12v fan to circulate air around the motor, pipe the exhaust out the bottom, and install another 50amp receptacle close to the generator. When I want to use it, I will just plug it in.

Anyone see any issues with this? I'm sure I will change things 100 times when I have it sitting in front of me. The camper is still at the dealer. They are prepping everything, and installing my stackable washer/dryer. I pick it up on the 15th. Much easier to plan something when you have it sitting in front of you.
MontyRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 09:36 AM   #1660

crack

Wow Tom that really suks......hopefully they will get it right this time.

We got back Tuesday and I unhooked trailer in same place as always. Put blocks under jacks and hit auto level. Rear jacks extended and then nothing?? Retracted jacks and started over.......same thing. Called LCI and they walked me thru recalibrating system. Same thing middle jacks would NOT go down.
He told me to call my dealer and tell them Lippert said the control box needs replaced.

I decided to hook back up and move trailer over a little. Unhooked truck and hit auto level and this time center jacks came down??

I’m still going to make an appointment before warranty is up just in case it decides to do it again........
jasum is offline   Reply With Quote