Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-15-2017, 08:44 PM   #1701

18 1/2 hours! That's at least 3.5 days of driving for me. No way I can drive 10 hours in a day, not to mention my 3 kids would go crazy spending that much time in the back seat. But yes, there'll be other opportunities![emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Magnolia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 10:06 AM   #1702

Hey whats the simplest way to wire the TV to the inverter. We have a 16 Eagle 321 RSTS. Would like to cut an access hole through outside subfloor below the batteries, fish my romax to the rear of the camper.Look for an access point to the slide which contains the entertainment center!Is there an easier way, looks like you have done this a few times? Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Kaibab.jpg  
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 10:09 AM   #1703

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnolia Tom View Post
18 1/2 hours! That's at least 3.5 days of driving for me. No way I can drive 10 hours in a day, not to mention my 3 kids would go crazy spending that much time in the back seat. But yes, there'll be other opportunities![emoji3]
When we head to/from the SW from ON we just drive until we get there and overnight at FlyingJ's. I drive 14-18hrs/day depending on weather and where we can stop. This winter will be an extra few fuel stops with the smaller tank.

Just two of us in the truck though so no kids to worry about.
PlayersZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 11:52 AM   #1704

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreinv View Post
Hey whats the simplest way to wire the TV to the inverter. We have a 16 Eagle 321 RSTS. Would like to cut an access hole through outside subfloor below the batteries, fish my romax to the rear of the camper.Look for an access point to the slide which contains the entertainment center!Is there an easier way, looks like you have done this a few times? Thanks
Just to be clear what you are talking about... you want to be able to use and inverter to power the trailer from batteries when you don't have shore power?

If that's the case then the easiest way is to plug the shore power cord into the inverter. If you are looking for a permanent install then you should be installing a transfer switch that switches from shore to inverter when the inverter is turned on. My trailer had gen prep with xfer switch so I used the genny AC source point to tie the inverter in. When I turn on the inverter it disconnects the shore power.

If you know what you are doing and don't have finger poking types you can just hook the inverter to the main AC connection inside but the shore connector will be hot when the inverter is on.
Old 12-16-2017, 12:03 PM   #1705

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayersZ28 View Post
Just to be clear what you are talking about... you want to be able to use and inverter to power the trailer from batteries when you don't have shore power?

If that's the case then the easiest way is to plug the shore power cord into the inverter. If you are looking for a permanent install then you should be installing a transfer switch that switches from shore to inverter when the inverter is turned on. My trailer had gen prep with xfer switch so I used the genny AC source point to tie the inverter in. When I turn on the inverter it disconnects the shore power.

If you know what you are doing and don't have finger poking types you can just hook the inverter to the main AC connection inside but the shore
connector will be hot when the inverter is on.
Thanks for reply for some reason TV never comes in fivers to run off the battery.Tired of running Honda 2000 just for TV. We are all solar bought 1000 w pure sine wave inverter. For now just for the TV.I could hook up inverter next to batteries,then run an extension cord to the TV. Would like a cleaner set up.Do not have much knowledge on electric. For me seemed simple to run romax from inverter to rear of camper.Find access point near TV and install a plug just for TV.Any ideas? Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
DTOP7.jpg  
Old 12-16-2017, 12:33 PM   #1706

Quote:
Thanks for reply for some reason TV never comes in fivers to run off the battery.Tired of running Honda 2000 just for TV. We are all solar bought 1000 w pure sine wave inverter. For now just for the TV.I could hook up inverter next to batteries,then run an extension cord to the TV. Would like a cleaner set up.Do not have much knowledge on electric. For me seemed simple to run romax from inverter to rear of camper.Find access point near TV and install a plug just for TV.Any ideas? Thanks
If you have the inverter installed up the front where the batteries are and you don't have gen prep then you have a few ways to do it.

1) full AC to the fiver using an xfer switch and hook it up into the main AC feed which should be in the basement below the main breaker panel (behind panels)

2) make an extension cord that has a large shorepower plug on one end and a standard 110v plug on the other and just plug into the invert and shore power connection (it's basically 2 120v legs). Saves dragging out the heavy cord but the original cord would work too.

3) install the inverter right near the TV using a 12v source there and plug the TV into it.

If you are going to run 110v wire all the way to the TV from the inverter then you may as well do the full xfer switch method (they cost a few $'s though). That way you have 1000w of AC in the whole trailer. I have a 2000w PSW inverter tied in this way. I can run the microwave, TV, induction cooktop, heated mattress pad etc this way. The solar handles the recharge.
Old 12-17-2017, 11:05 AM   #1707

Quote:
If you have the inverter installed up the front where the batteries are and you don't have gen prep then you have a few ways to do it.

1) full AC to the fiver using an xfer switch and hook it up into the main AC feed which should be in the basement below the main breaker panel (behind panels)

2) make an extension cord that has a large shorepower plug on one end and a standard 110v plug on the other and just plug into the invert and shore power connection (it's basically 2 120v legs). Saves dragging out the heavy cord but the original cord would work too.

3) install the inverter right near the TV using a 12v source there and plug the TV into it.

If you are going to run 110v wire all the way to the TV from the inverter then you may as well do the full xfer switch method (they cost a few $'s though). That way you have 1000w of AC in the whole trailer. I have a 2000w PSW inverter tied in this way. I can run the microwave, TV, induction cooktop, heated mattress pad etc this way. The solar handles the recharge.
Making an extension cord with a 50 amp plug and a 110 on the other, and plug into inverter sounds pretty simple.Have to advise DW no microwave or AC. Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Cactus 011.jpg  
Old 12-17-2017, 11:13 AM   #1708

Quote:
Making an extension cord with a 50 amp plug and a 110 on the other, and plug into inverter sounds pretty simple.Have to advise DW no microwave or AC. Thanks
If we are boondocking I just turn off the breakers connected to things I can't run. My 2kw will run the m/w if nothing else is on.

Easiest way to make the cord would be to buy a heavy duty extension cord that is long enough and cut off the receptacle end at the needed length and change it to the s/p connector.
Old 12-17-2017, 11:35 AM   #1709

Quote:
If we are boondocking I just turn off the breakers connected to things I can't run. My 2kw will run the m/w if nothing else is on.

Easiest way to make the cord would be to buy a heavy duty extension cord that is long enough and cut off the receptacle end at the needed length and change it to the s/p connector.
Thanks will be nice not having to listen to that Honda for TV and movies! Have a Safe Holiday
Attached Thumbnails
Sunset Mtn..jpg  
Old 12-17-2017, 04:58 PM   #1710

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookemdanno View Post
Just break it up...just finished the planning! Gonna drive to Albuquerque, NM and stay 1 night, then on to Grand Canyon for the 3 days. I'll drive back to Santa Rosa, NM for 1 night and then stay at Palo Duro for 2 nights and then back home. EDIT...The DW just informed me that we will be staying 3 nights in Palo Duro!

You should come with us or meet up! It would be a blast and I could put you to work showing me all your mods...and "helping" me with mine!
Do you ever have trouble jamming that big boy into state parks?
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 05:06 PM   #1711

Quote:
Originally Posted by klassic View Post
Do you ever have trouble jamming that big boy into state parks?

The only tight spot I had was at dinosaur SP here in TX and it wasn’t because of length...it was tree branch height. I had to tie off several overhead branches with bungee cords. This was the 1st time I felt the need to utilize the slider hitch to get out of the site. I know the NP are another story and the 377 will probably never fit in those sites.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-17-2017, 06:52 PM   #1712

Klassic

I’ve never had a problem fitting in a site...and we camp mostly at state parks. However, getting into some sites are a challenge due to narrow roads and trees. Helps to have a good spotter. I’m not usually that lucky though! [emoji23]

Old 12-18-2017, 06:14 AM   #1713

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookemdanno View Post
The only tight spot I had was at dinosaur SP here in TX and it wasn’t because of length...it was tree branch height. I had to tie off several overhead branches with bungee cords. This was the 1st time I felt the need to utilize the slider hitch to get out of the site. I know the NP are another story and the 377 will probably never fit in those sites.
Isn't the dually a LB or was the slider reference to when you had the 2500?

I've switched to a SB truck from a LB for this winter but I'm not using a slider.
Old 12-18-2017, 06:37 AM   #1714

Quote:
Isn't the dually a LB or was the slider reference to when you had the 2500?

I've switched to a SB truck from a LB for this winter but I'm not using a slider.

My current DRW is a Mega-Cab with a short bed. But when I needed the slider on this particular trip, I was in my old 2500.

Old 12-25-2017, 08:32 PM   #1715

Well...I guess it depends on how you look at it! Either my mom lied to me or wanted to surprise me?? She did NOT get me the Joy Rider Shocks like she "told" me! But instead she got me the King TV antenna to replace the Bat Wing antennae, 100' of Eterna Bond Tape for the roof and she got me the quick connect hose attachment for the basement shower. For the TV, she got me a new driving camera to hard wire and the step that goes over the rear wheel to reach the 5th wheel hitch. So now I need to start watching completely different YouTube videos for installs...Maybe she knows something that I don't!! I think she still loves me!
Old 12-25-2017, 08:44 PM   #1716

Still sounds like a nice haul to me!

Old 12-25-2017, 08:46 PM   #1717

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnolia Tom View Post
Still sounds like a nice haul to me!

I'm not complaining...just somewhat venting! Merry Christmas and enjoy your trip! I'll still be waiting to get my 377 back from the dealer.
Old 12-25-2017, 08:51 PM   #1718

Thanks Dan! Merry Christmas to you as well.

Old 01-03-2018, 07:55 PM   #1719

Hey guys,
We are still a couple weeks out from getting our new 377 but I do have a question. What have you guys done to dress up the big blank wall directly across from the door in the bunk room? Other than the double drawers near the floor, there is nothing on that wall. We thought of some kind of vinyl graphic or stencil painting.
What have you done or ideas do you have.
Thanks,
Marc
Meadowlark paint
Iraq 69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 07:58 PM   #1720

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iraq 69 View Post
Hey guys,
We are still a couple weeks out from getting our new 377 but I do have a question. What have you guys done to dress up the big blank wall directly across from the door in the bunk room? Other than the double drawers near the floor, there is nothing on that wall. We thought of some kind of vinyl graphic or stencil painting.
What have you done or ideas do you have.
Thanks,
Marc
We did a vinyl decoration of a camping scene for our daughter, it's her room. I will be at our site next weekend, I can take a picture then.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
enmity02 is offline   Reply With Quote