Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-09-2016, 04:17 PM   #1
TLG

Mystery drain valves

Ok pinnacle 36FBTS owners, after two months, finally getting this bad boy ready for the first trip. Pumped water with chlorine into the fresh water tank to sanitize the lines. (Took it from the pool). Ran it through all the lines. But, I was completely wrong about what I assumed is the fresh water tank drain. The drain is located on the drivers side about three quarters to the rear of the coach. It has a stainless colored valve like the shut off valves on the interior. Even with water in the lines, nothing comes out of it. The fresh tank valve appears to be located on the passenger side, towards the rear. Both are labeled low point drains, but the one on the passenger side is obviously the fresh tank drain. I wondered if it was some type of drain for the fridge, but I don't know why it would even have a drain. Also, there is another shut off valve under the island sink. It is currently off and the faucet is working. It is only on one of the lines. Any ideas greatly appreciated.
TLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 04:22 PM   #2

Nope, both are for the fridge. One under the island is the supply, one underneath is the low point drain.
Old 05-09-2016, 04:46 PM   #3
TLG

Thanks for the quick response. But, now I'm really confused. During the PDI I question the winterizing procedure for the fridge. The service tech pointed out a supply line with shut off behind the drawer under the oven. He said that was the supply line for the fridge. Would there be two?
Old 05-09-2016, 05:45 PM   #4

There possibly is 2. I haven't looked behind the oven drawer but Grumpy is correct about the others. When you sanitize/winterize you will need to make sure the water valves to the fridge are open and draw off several large glasses of water through the door dispenser to get solution to that point. Then remove the shelf/cover in front of the ice maker and you will see a small rocker switch on the ice maker. Push and hold the switch to the right for 15 seconds until the ice maker mechanism starts to cycle- then let go of the switch. Wait and watch the little chute in the back and water will eventually come out and fill the ice maker tray (takes a bit to happen). Then I usually soak the water in the ice maker up with paper towels and cycle it several more times to make sure I get sanitized or anti freeze in it-which ever season it is. You can buy by-pass water filters for the fridge from Frigidaire or several places on line. It makes it easier to winterize or sanitize and you won't ruin a good filter.
Old 05-09-2016, 06:17 PM   #5
TLG

Again, thanks for the info. We've had other 5th wheels, but none with the residential fridge. I've notice discrepancies between the owners manual that came with the unit, and the owners manual on Jaycos website. The one that came with the unit says winterize like you described. However, the manual on the website has specific instructions for the Frigidaire. It says to not use antifreeze at all. It says to blow out the lines and ice maker with air. I'm sure both would work, but makes you wonder which one is best for warranty purposes.
Old 05-09-2016, 06:25 PM   #6

Our 36RSQS is the same way. A water shut off under the sink, another under the stove/oven, and the drain outside coming through the underbelly.

Rick
ScanGauge, TST 507 TPMS
Rjhuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 08:01 PM   #7

Kind of confused on my Jayco 29.5 in the bottom front I have to valves for draining grey and black valves with drain, and under my large slide out there is another valve that says water on it kind of confused about this valve it just seen it today while crawling around then of course in the back another valve and drain I guess that's for rear kitchen sink tank
Manitoban is offline   Reply With Quote