Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-28-2016, 03:54 PM   #1

Need a Decision Maker at Jayco to assist

Build to order Jayco North Point 351RSTS: Has anyone ever worked with an individual at the Jayco Factory for "special order" items? I went through a long ordeal to have carefree create a pair of OEM part numbers for Jayco to order custom awnings in the material (sunbrella) and with the Alumaguard covers for the 12 and 16 foot awnings. All they have to do is order the two part numbers for my rig that is not built yet. I am getting the run around that it is going to disrupt the assembly line, they don't want to do it. I can understand that (kind of) so I asked for option B to ask the Jayco Parts guru to order the two part numbers from carefree and drop ship them straight to my house. Seems reasonable to me. Jayco told me that they cannot do that either, I am a retail customer. Retail pricing is cost prohibitive to replace the awnings that I am already buying once. Anyone have a point of contact at Jayco with common sense decision making authority? Thanks - Magnum
Old 03-28-2016, 04:38 PM   #2

Can they just delete the factory awnings and give you a credit?

It's not really feasible for a manufacturer on this scale to do one off builds. Manufacturing requires repetitive building to be economical.

I understand it may not see like a big deal, but what if the next guy wants a different flooring or color of carpet?
Hoojs12840 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 04:55 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnumsoldier View Post
Build to order Jayco North Point 351RSTS: Has anyone ever worked with an individual at the Jayco Factory for "special order" items? I went through a long ordeal to have carefree create a pair of OEM part numbers for Jayco to order custom awnings in the material (sunbrella) and with the Alumaguard covers for the 12 and 16 foot awnings. All they have to do is order the two part numbers for my rig that is not built yet. I am getting the run around that it is going to disrupt the assembly line, they don't want to do it. I can understand that (kind of) so I asked for option B to ask the Jayco Parts guru to order the two part numbers from carefree and drop ship them straight to my house. Seems reasonable to me. Jayco told me that they cannot do that either, I am a retail customer. Retail pricing is cost prohibitive to replace the awnings that I am already buying once. Anyone have a point of contact at Jayco with common sense decision making authority? Thanks - Magnum
Went thru this last year, they are too busy, making too much money and it is Henry Ford production line. Black or Black
2015 Jayco Sesimic 4212 Extreme Weather Package, Dual Pane Windows, Side and rear Patios, 480 watt Zamp Solar Pkg, 6 - 6 volt AGM batteries, Residential Fridge, custom Dishwasher, 5500 watt Onan and lot of problems.
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/m...albums843.html Check this out.
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...s-34672-3.html
Loboclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 05:16 PM   #4

I'm guessing that there would be a really high chance that if they did it, your fancy awnings would end up on the wrong trailer.

I went on the factory tour and the employees are running and gunning. Pull from the pile and install as fast as possible. Someone would have to baby sit your trailer to make it happen and it would probably slow things down considerably, affecting every trailer behind yours while looking for the awnings to install. Sucks, but the auto companies would tell you the same thing.
Old 03-28-2016, 06:47 PM   #5

I've tried unsuccessfully to buy the current style plastic cold air returns so I can't imagine them going the custom route. To be fair, custom awning would be a challenge for them. They have an idea of what models will be built on any given week but it's very fluid and can change based on component availability. Add in the model year changeover they doing right now and custom just won't happen. Going the awning delete path would be best, just don't delete the wiring
2017 RZR for the rainy days n muddy roads
Stingray75 is offline   Reply With Quote