Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-07-2016, 06:09 PM   #1

New 325BHQS Questions

So, we will soon be taking delivery of our 325BHQS and I have a few questions that maybe some you can answer, they're not all model specific.

Auto leveling system-How well does it work? Do you level before putting slides out or after? Any need for a kingpin tripod? We are in a permanent site most of the year, so minimal bounce or movement is a big plus.

Satellite TV Hookup-We use directv with our own boxes. If I run the cable from the Satellite to the camper hook up, can I hook a box up to any of the internal cable outlets and get signal? I could not on our old camper, only the main tv hook up, not the one in the bedroom or the bunkhouse.

Second AC in Bedroom-How exactly does a second ducted ac work? Does it help the main unit, or just basicly cool the bedroom? I know there is 2 different thermostats, so I'm assuming it just cools the bedroom per say.

Electric Fireplace-What should we expect in the cooler spring and fall months? Is it basically for ambiance?

Thanks for any help you can give!
'13 Suntracker PB 22
Da Bud Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 06:51 PM   #2

I almost purchased the model you currently have but went with the 375 BHFS. I think the leveling is the same, just push the button and it automatically levels. I always level with the slides in, no issue so far. As for the tripod, haven't got one yet. Didn't notice any reason too yet. I use a portable dish (direct tv) with two receivers. I use two cables off my triple LNB into the left and right sat connector fittings on the rig. That gives me a feed to my main living area and rear bunk with two different receivers. The rest of the TV's I use the park cable.Can't comment on the second air, mines in the shop for warranty, but I did have them install one just haven't used it yet. The fireplace was great this past winter, Dec- April as we didn't used main furnace much. Only used 1 tank of propane for cooking and heating for that whole time.
shadester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 10:12 AM   #3

We got our 325BHQS earlier this year, and LOVE it! You are really going to like the floor plan.

The leveling system works extremely well and is very easy to use. However, we were at one site where the leveler had to raise one side so high, the tires were off the ground. I am not sure if this is recommended or not, but the camper itself did fine. But my opinion is that if you are going for minimum bounce, get your side to side fairly pre-leveled so all tires touch the ground. I feel the more tires that are on the ground means less bounce in the camper.

I don't have satellite, so can't comment on that.

Second AC in the bedroom has two vents that can be opened to only cool the bedroom. Or, if you close these vents, the ac gets pushed into the rest of the camper through the a/c ducts.

We have not really used the fireplace during the winter months yet, but running it on decorative mode with no heat during the summer is a neat effect!

Good luck with it!
stevejon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 01:34 PM   #4

Per owners manual, you level, then extend the slides. Congrats on the trailer.
_Mike_ is offline   Reply With Quote