Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-03-2011, 06:49 PM   #1

new 365bhs

we just got our 365 monday night and have been going over things after work each night. i have a few ? for you electronics gurus. do the camper speakers( inside and out) work with the tv in cable or over air mode? what is the component hook up the the bed room fed from? put dvd in and got it on main tv and from basement hookup but not bedroom. any help on this would be great .
2tracks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 07:33 PM   #2

I have found that the inside and outside speakers do not work when using the antenna. Just the DVD and radio.

I don't know about the rest yet.

Why is there another hookup in the upper closet in the main bedroom, when there is one behind the bedroom tv?

Gibby3275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 08:20 PM   #3

i wonder if the closet hookup feeds the bed room tv for a dvd/sat through the component wires?
Old 08-04-2011, 09:15 AM   #4

2tracks. First congrats on your purchase. We love ours. From the factory the audio feeds from your TV are off. The TV tuner is inside the TV. You will need to feed the TV audio into your deck.

Simply plug in the red and white RCA jacks from the audio out on your TV and use Aux 1 input mode and the TV will come through your surrond sound and or your TV speakers.

The second way is to use the adapter plug in your manual packet and plug it into the AUX input on the front of the deck after connecting it from the RCA audio outputs on the TV for audio. I believe this is AUX 3 input.

Then you can play the TV through all the speakers or just the pair you wish.

And pull the silver ring next to the deck to release the TV for movement if you didn't figure this out already.

2014 375 BHFS Eagle Premier
2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW CC
6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
3'senough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 10:53 AM   #5

I saw the red and white out from tv but didn't know where it went. The component plugs in the bedroom and closet do they feed to the radio at all?
Old 08-04-2011, 01:46 PM   #6

I have an 11 and there are no component connections in the MBR only a cable hookup. If you have the Jensen AMW970 deck then there are only two hard wired inputs in the back of the unit. The AUX 3 is the front input for an I-pod or the wire provided in the manual packet.

If your component hookup's work from the basement then I would guess there is some sort of splitter in the back of your unit that they are using if you wanted to feed the DVD to your MBR. If you have a TV in the MBR then run some wires to the input of the TV from the component jacks and see what happens when you play a DVD in the deck. I doubt it goes the other way, that would make no sense.

There are other owners who have installed TV's in the MBR's listed in the Mods section of this forum as well as some mods we have done.

I put a 22" tv in the MBR cabinet without a DVD player since you can't get DVD's in the slot provided on the sides of our brakets and finding a top loading combo was all but impossible. I just plug in my kids portable player when I want to watch one there. I think 2012 was the first model year they added the MBR TV factory install option if you opted for it. If you didn't then it's a 22" you need.

2014 375 BHFS Eagle Premier
2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW CC
6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
3'senough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 02:01 PM   #7

In the 2012 the optional 22 inch tv is above the window, at the foot of the bed. There are also component plugs in the closet where your tv is installed.

Gibby3275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 05:08 PM   #8

ok i found out that aux2 on the deck is the tv. the tv speakers dont turn off you have to run both volumes seperately. still checking on the 2 component hook ups in the mbr.
Old 08-07-2011, 05:04 AM   #9

2Tracks. You can go into the TV Menu and shut the TV Speakers off and just use the Speakers in the coach. The Coax connection in MBR is for Sat. and Antenna.
B & W Companion

Central MO
MOCamper is offline   Reply With Quote