Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-06-2015, 09:29 AM   #1

New 377RLBH inspection guide

Hello,

My wife and I are supposed to pick up our new 377RLBH next week. This is the first time we have ever bought one new. Our dealer is 90 miles away. I wont say that its far but not my idea of fun taking it back and forth to get minor things fixed. Does anyone have any suggestions of things to double check on the unit before we leave the dealer. The unit just came off the production line this week so I would hope that recalls and updates should be current.

Thanks
Justin
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 09:48 AM   #2

Check the vacuum and make sure there aren't long screws sticking out around where the bag attaches or you won't get the bag on.
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 02:46 PM   #3

One word. Everything!

Every slide in and out. Every switch on and off. Ask if the water system has been tested and if they can hook it up to confirm no leaks prior to your arrival. Lots of dealers get lazy here since they come winterized from the factory. The number one complaint is a drip somewhere a good dealer did not PDI for correctly after you get it home.

Open every cabinet, turn on the fridge, furnace but not the water heater as this will be empty if the dealer tested and re-winterized.

Make sure the AC comes on.

Then ask a lot of questions and go through all the different rooms to confirm you understand where stuff is.

If you have Scwintec slides ask where the control panels are for each slide as this will be your way to determine what if anything is wrong when it happens.

Other than that just make sure you got what you ordered and the finish work is up to your liking. No trim hanging down or coming off.

2014 375 BHFS Eagle Premier
2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW CC
6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
3'senough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 03:27 PM   #4

Make sure all the manuals for every appliance are included.

Sitting in The Cheap Seats.
And proud of it!
mike837go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 11:33 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
Hello,

My wife and I are supposed to pick up our new 377RLBH next week. This is the first time we have ever bought one new. Our dealer is 90 miles away. I wont say that its far but not my idea of fun taking it back and forth to get minor things fixed. Does anyone have any suggestions of things to double check on the unit before we leave the dealer. The unit just came off the production line this week so I would hope that recalls and updates should be current.

Thanks
Justin
Click Tech Talk in this Forum. There is a Sticky that has a PDI list. You can print it out and take it with you. It is best to study it ahead of time to familiarize yourself with it and take the proper tools, flashlight, etc. with you. You should not pay the Dealer the balance owed or sign the loan documents until all is fixed to your satisfaction. Once the Dealer is paid, there is less incentive for him to have your issues at the level of priority you want them. Make certain all of the extras you ordered on the Build Sheet are there also. A thorough PDI takes time and you should have someone with you who can help and write down everything that needs attention. Do NOT let any of the Dealer staff rush you.

If you need warranty work and you cannot get to the Dealer, call Jayco Customer Service and request them to identify an authorized repair service near where you are. Do not hesitate to suggest a shop or mobile repair service of which you are aware. This is also helpful if you are on the road traveling.

Hope this helps. When I purchased my first new RV I learned the hard way. Maybe I was just too anxious to get going and thought all would be OK -- lessons learned!!!
Old 11-12-2015, 12:28 PM   #6

Thanks for the help. I found the PDI checklist.
Old 11-12-2015, 05:11 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
Thanks for the help. I found the PDI checklist.
Great, Please give us an update after you take possession.
Old 11-17-2015, 11:40 AM   #8

Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCADesertRat View Post
Great, Please give us an update after you take possession.

I'm not sure if I'm replying the correct way. I was having trouble trying to post a picture with the reply. So, we took possession of our new unit late last week. It towed great even considering we were driving into at times up to 30MPH plus head winds. My truck averaged 7MPG. I would guess without the wind I would have been closer to 9 or 10. I am glad that I have air bags. I could notice the extra 1000lbs of hitch weight compared to my last fifth wheel. I'm sure my truck would have been squatting pretty good without air bags.

Our dealership was great and easy to work with. The dealership had already tested all of our water systems and tanks and had the unit winterized so I took their word and did not make them re-due all of that with me again. We spent two hours going over everything inside and out and answering all of our questions. If I had to do it again I would have slowed down and taken a little more time. I think if I would have took three or four hours I would have noticed a few things that I missed and found when we got home and spent the weekend with it.

Below is a list of things I missed.
1. Paint chip in the front painted nose of the unit about the size of an M&M

2. Main entry door opens and closes to hard.

3. Double sliding doors into bunk room are not aligned when closed by almost an inch.

4. Two seat reclining couch has a rip and tear in it at the bottom on the side facing the dinning table.

The next two are only concerns at this time until I can do some investigating or decide if I'm just to picky.

1. I have concerns about the underside of the unit. There are a few areas that have some gaps and not spray foamed very well. Its looks like good areas for rodents to get in and cause some problems. I might start a new thread with some pictures and see what everyone else's look like.

2. I have concerns about the plastic fender on the road side closest to the main entry steps on the unit where the fender is cut to accommodate the slide. It is not attached very well and looks like it is moving in the wind while towing and is starting to rub through the paint or sticker that is under it.

I sent pictures and email my dealership first thing Monday morning. They have now sent that info to Jayco and I am waiting on a response. I already have the unit in storage for the winter. I just wanted it documented so that I can get it taken care of easier this spring when I get it out. I live smack dab in the middle of my dealer or taking it right to Jayco to get fixed. Where would you guys have the work done?

Don't take this update the wrong way. My kids and wife and I are very happy with our purchase. I am not worried at this time that Jayco will not take care of their responsibilities.

One more thing I forgot to mention. When I got home with the camper I was going to leave my truck hooked to it all weekend. My driveway is not the most level and the front of the camper was a few inches to high from being level. I hit the auto level button and it tried to level everything. Since the front was high it tried to raise the rear to compensate for it. The rear jacks went into over travel. I read a post that some people were having troubles recovering from over travel alarms. I did not have any problem. I just hit the rear re-track and everything worked fine. On a side note make sure your fifth wheel is close to being level before you hit auto level.

Thanks
Justin
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3378.jpg  
Old 11-17-2015, 11:53 AM   #9

Justin.. I had the same concerns about extra gaps and holes on the underside... I just told my dealer and they spray foamed them all.
Also look at the frame where the wires for the leveling legs go into frame holes. Fill them too.
I would pick going back to the factory if I had the option, just so maybe someone will take notice and start doing a better job.
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote