Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-22-2017, 08:49 PM   #1

North Point 361REQS Initial Repair Visit

On Monday I'm taking our new 2016 North Point 361REQS to the dealer for its initial visit for repairs. Some of the items we found were on the PDI and some since we've had the trailer. After reading some of the other post about issues with their new trailer's, I have some expectation management and I don't think the amount of repairs is out of the ordinary. A couple of the items are, "I'm not sure if this correct", type questions. Below is a list of what we have wrote up. I have also done some of the quick fixes (not on the list now) myself. I have not added any of the pics referenced in the list below;

1. Table top cracked (see pic 1)
2. Kitchen Left Side sink drain scratched and gouged (see pic 2)
3. Propane detector sticker has pulled off varnish (backside of sink counter) (I temporarily fixed with varnish pens, but needs to be fixed, and new clear, not white, sticker applied) (see pic 3)
4. Some of the upper trim, wall to ceiling (dark color), needs be equal up and down with the next piece (I’m not asking them to be butted together) (see pic 4)
5. Side to side ceiling bow in bedroom needs to be re-secured, others need checked (see pic 5)
6. Dinette slide left side cap molding varnish coming off at bottom (see pic 6)
7. Dinette slide left side metal base plate rubbing the carpet and leaving a wear mark and 2x6 stain on carpet (I have cleaned carpet, but it is still rubbing) (see pic 7)
8. Dinette Slide frequently trips circuit breaker when coming all the way in our out.
9. Wall seam tape bubbling throughout coach (see pic 8)
10. LCI Remote (for slides, jacks, awning, etc.) does not work and is in very used condition (we also have no instruction manual or code to reference)
11.Right side kitchen slide wall trim (from cap to side wall) missing (see pic 9)
12.Hose does not stay in vacuum wall plate on first stair step. Difficult to use the hose as intended.
13.Bottom plastic cap on rear awning right upright bracket missing (see pic 10)
14.Front awning, rear (left) bracket (screwed to side of trailer) is loose. Top and bottom screws holes are stripped (see pic 11)
15.Both awnings unwind the fabric without the awning coming out (I need to pull on a side couple times in order to get the awning to extend), and the trailer is successfully leveled per the auto leveling system (see pic 12)
16.The awnings does not stop when it is fully extended and will wind backwards (Is this normal?) (see pic 13)
17.Incorrect thermostat for a heat pump (no electric heat selection) (see pic 14)
18.Slide #3 not extracting all the way on the mid to top right hand (from the inside) side. Is not level vertically outside (even looks out of level) (see pic 15 and 16). Slide is not evenly spaced left to right, tight on rear side (see pic 17 and 18). Outside rear (left) slide seal on wall is uneven (either wall is cut incorrect or seal is not affixed properly).
19.Seal, on outside, above #4 dinette slide split and ripped (see pic 19 and 20).
20.Ladder, at the rear, is bent in the middle, pulled down, and not well attached at the bottom (see pic 21 and 22).
21.USB ports by rear TV and thermostat do not work.
22.On roof, the right rear corner seam, between rear wall and roof needs additional Dicor sealant (potential leaking point)
23.Heat Pump, on roof, fins are damaged and the cover is warped on left middle side (cover appears to be rubbing against fins).
24.Top drawer, in kitchen closest to the living room, has issues closing sometimes and needs adjusted.
25.Kitchen faucet will leak, slightly, when turned off, with or without pressure in the system.
26.One of the latches that holds the outside vent cover, for the stove, is broke.
Old 04-23-2017, 07:53 AM   #2

Your pictures aren't there. It would be fun to see them

I'll answer a couple.
The plastic bottom awning arm caps fall off if you look at them wrong. Probably someone took it.
The awning DOES roll backwards
You probably WILL have to pull the arms to stop the awning from unrolling.

*Side note* once you awning arms start making a vicious, loud, annoying sound from the rollers in the track. Take it in for warranty. You get new arms and they seem to unroll better**

Other members here (Rock) have had bent ladders.

Lots of USB's don't work

Just leave the stove vent cover latches open. It probably broke because they are next to impossible to open. Leave it be.

Can't help with why the vacuum hose pulls out, besides to tell you it's not a very good system. So bite the bullet and get a Dyson V6. Like the 2015's had.
But look where your vacuum bag attaches, I'm sure you have screws poking out that will stop you from putting the bag in. And cut your fingers if your not careful.

The code for the remote is 0000

My slide has never tripped the breaker. Sounds like it is out of adjustment and is binding.

Good luck. I'm sure the dealer will fix everything.
You aren't the first to have a "non perfect rig"
In fact I don't think there is such a thing. Lol.
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 08:13 AM   #3

Here are a few pics.
Attached Thumbnails
PIC 1.jpg   PIC 2.jpg   PIC 6.jpg   PIC 9.jpg   PIC 14.jpg  

Old 04-23-2017, 08:20 AM   #4

Here are a few more.
Attached Thumbnails
PIC 4.jpg   PIC 5.jpg   PIC 8.jpg   PIC 20.jpg   PIC 22.jpg  

Old 04-23-2017, 08:25 AM   #5

Klassic thanks for your reply. I have read a few posts on our particular Carefree awning. With the issues we are having I'm going to push the dealer to go ahead and update the arms. I think I can put a little black silicone on the awning bottom cover to hold it on. As far as the vacuum screws, that was the first fix I did a couple months ago. The vacuum seems to work good, other than having to wedge a shoe under the hose at the inlet plate to hold it in.
Old 04-23-2017, 10:35 AM   #6

Good thinking. Maybe I'll put some silicone on mine too.
Almost all my tape seams look like yours.

Is that a picture of the compression seal above the sweep seal ontop of the dining slide?
That's what mine looked like too. It was pulling out of the track and the track was pulling off the wall.
My sweep seal wasn't touching the roof of the slide either.
It all got fixed when they fixed the big sag in the slide roof.
You can see if your roof is sagging by standing on the stairs and sighting you eye along the top wood fascia trim. Mine dipped about 3/4-1"
Old 04-23-2017, 12:22 PM   #7

Roger it is above the dining slide. I'll throw a 2x4 on top of the slide and look for a drop. Thanks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Old 04-23-2017, 05:21 PM   #8

I checked for sag in the large dining slide. Everything seems ok.
Old 04-23-2017, 06:11 PM   #9

Good.
I had it and another guy here had it.
My dealer fixed it with a steel angle and built up plywood.