Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-03-2015, 04:27 PM   #1

North Point 375BHFS experiences

We are seriously considering ordering a North Point 375BHFS and would greatly appreciate hearing from anyone that has/had one (or as I understand it was previously Eagle Premier). All input, the good, the bad, the ugly, would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance for your help.
CampFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 11:00 PM   #2

We took delivery of our new 375 BHFS in August. My two boys, wife and myself absolutely love it! We were able to get in 4 trips before I had to tuck it away for winter.

It headed to the dealer for some simple warranty items like the keyless entry (it sucks to be honest), the main door was very difficult to open and close, the central vac was improperly installed making it impossible to mount the bag inside the vac unit, the front nose cap was chipped and needed repair.

It is literally our home away from home. There is so much room in it that it doesn't even feel like you are in a camper. I do wish the awning was a bit longer, but we compensate by setting up a large pop up gazebo when needed.

You won't regret the purchase.
Old 11-04-2015, 09:34 AM   #3

Thank you for your response!

We have a 2012 F350 6.7L Crewcab SRW and are a little concerned with the camper's weight. How does your 2500HD handle it?
CampFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 10:00 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampFlyer View Post
Thank you for your response!

We have a 2012 F350 6.7L Crewcab SRW and are a little concerned with the camper's weight. How does your 2500HD handle it?
It does a fantastic job. I was concerned at first with the weight as well, and was going to add Timbrens to the rear. There is no need to thankfully. Hardly any squat at all! It handles perfectly.

Ill be honest though. I have never had it weighed. There is a good possibility that I'm overweight with my setup. I drive within my limits however and am as safe as I can be.
nhfire152 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 10:15 AM   #5

Hardly squats at all??
You're 200 lbs dry more then me and on my 2012 f350 crew I squatted a lot empty.
Ready to camp I was nose high and could feel it. Timbrens made all the difference..rides very nice now.
Those Chevy HD's must have some big spring pack.
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 04:36 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhfire152 View Post
We took delivery of our new 375 BHFS in August. My two boys, wife and myself absolutely love it! We were able to get in 4 trips before I had to tuck it away for winter.

It headed to the dealer for some simple warranty items like the keyless entry (it sucks to be honest), the main door was very difficult to open and close, the central vac was improperly installed making it impossible to mount the bag inside the vac unit, the front nose cap was chipped and needed repair.

It is literally our home away from home. There is so much room in it that it doesn't even feel like you are in a camper. I do wish the awning was a bit longer, but we compensate by setting up a large pop up gazebo when needed.

You won't regret the purchase.
What in particular makes the keyless entry suck? I also, like CampFlyer, am looking for the pro's and con's of the NP275BHFS. I have a 2016 on order for next spring and am going to be a sponge for information on here. Thanks in advance for your response.
TDMZKTAGratton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 05:00 PM   #7

I haven't been able to put a custom code in my keyless entry. I've given up and just use the factory code. The only time I use it is when the dead bolt slightly falls out and locks the door unexpectedly.
It doesn't seem to work 100% of the time. I keep a key in the storage just in case.
So ya.. It sucks.
I would rather not have it.
Old 11-04-2015, 05:48 PM   #8

Klassic, In regards to the keyless entry... Have you contacted Jayco since they boast about their "2-yr warranty" covering it?

How's you Superduty handle the TT? We have the same rig with a LB.
Old 11-04-2015, 06:16 PM   #9

I keep forgetting to tell them about it locking on its own cause it doesn't happen very often. I just don't bother using it.
They would cover it.. They have repaired everything that was wrong on delivery with a smile, but maybe that's just my dealer keeping me happy.
Jayco also authorized a complete brake tear down and inspection because my truck controller won't stop it very well, I suspected the trailer brakes... They are fine. It's Fords built in controller.. It also sucks for 2012. Ford will do nothing about it. So Ford also sucks.

I needed Timbrens. The rig was alright empty, but ready to camp I was front end high and didn't like the feel. The Timbrens made all the difference. Tows nice now.
I don't like the Morride hitch, this rig chucks WAY more then my CedarCreek with a 5th Airbourne.
The chucking is reduced if I fill the water tank.

Also, when in my driveway I have to hook up on a slight angle. The tailgate hits before getting hitched, a real pain in the butt. I have to back in then close the gate and continue. Never had to do that before.
Old 11-04-2015, 06:23 PM   #10

Thanks for the info. Good to hear that Jayco backs up their product.

I will have to look into the Timbrens as the 275BHFS we orders weighs almost 2k lbs more than your 341RLTS.

I bought the truck used with 42k miles on it and it already had a B&W gooseneck hitch in it. I plan on getting the Anderson Ultimate for use with our TT once it arrives.
Old 11-04-2015, 06:40 PM   #11

The tow/haul works great on the truck, but it's a little much when going down steep hills. It will drop to 2nd gear, then I turn it off and use the manual buttons and put it in third.
If it wasn't for the tow/haul I would have a heck of a time stopping, and really be wearing the brakes down fast. I have 75k and replace the fronts twice and the backs once.
The 6.7 has no trouble pulling....and towing 600 miles the dash mpg only dropped 1 mpg. My old 6.0 and 6.4 would easily drop 5-7mpg.
It does use a lot of DEF though when towing
Old 11-04-2015, 06:56 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by klassic View Post
The tow/haul works great on the truck, but it's a little much when going down steep hills. It will drop to 2nd gear, then I turn it off and use the manual buttons and put it in third.
If it wasn't for the tow/haul I would have a heck of a time stopping, and really be wearing the brakes down fast. I have 75k and replace the fronts twice and the backs once.
The 6.7 has no trouble pulling....and towing 600 miles the dash mpg only dropped 1 mpg. My old 6.0 and 6.4 would easily drop 5-7mpg.
It does use a lot of DEF though when towing
Good to know! Thanks a million!
Old 11-04-2015, 08:42 PM   #13

We had our first maiden voyage this weekend with my daughter and I and let me just say that this 5th wheel is completely amazing. After hooking up and unhooking a few time around the house, I kinda of figured out all the ins and outs of most of the features on the fifth wheel.

Ground control 3.0 after a few times of setting up around the house I have figured out two important things. First getting the trailer close to level side to side is important for instance when I parked it in my back yard in the same place it would not level successfully without any leveling blocks under entry door side. So today when we came home from our trip I put the leveling blocks two high on the entry door side to level it which then gave me a successful level. Also I was putting the X chokes in between the wheels before leveling which I think it was hindering the the system while it was trying to level so I just used your standard wheel chokes in front and behind the wheel which lead me to the 2nd important thing was not to insert the x chokes until the unit auto leveled. So when I got to the campground on Friday I pulled in checked the level from side to side and it was good so I put the wheel chokes in and hit auto level and first try successful level and then inserted the X chokes. So get as level as possible before hitting auto level and don't use X chokes until the unit has the successful auto level.

Keyless entry, mine has worked flawlessly for me. As long as you wake the system up by pushing on the keypad to the right of the numbers it worked every time.

A/C units kept the unit at a cool 70 degrees the whole time we were there while the bedroom unit only ran a few times. (Temps were @90 yesterday)

Fit and finish on the unit was pretty much perfect whether it came from Jayco that way or my dealer did an excellent job prepping the unit or both. No marks, loose screws, or wood shaving laying around.

Only a few minor things that I will comment on are; the overhead bunk should of use struts to raise and lower the bunk like our eagle TT we had and they should have used something similar on the cabinet doors that lifted up as they would not stay up when you open them. Last thing is I wish it had a little bigger awning or a double awning. On Jayco's website it shows that the awning goes back past the middle slide where the frig and stove bump out and all the ones that I have seen just go to the left of the main entry door including ours.

I am using a Pullrite super glide hitch and love it and now just got use to it finding that once you raise the pin off the hitch is to get back in the truck and just back up a bit to release the pressure off the pin so it easily releases. Before I was finding it hard to release because I didn't release the pressure off the pin.

Finally my truck pulls the unit great and it sits level when it is all loaded up! All I can say is that we are completely satisfied with Jayco and our dealer Rhone's!!

This was a little write up on ours, we love and if you have any specific questions feel free to ask.

2017 Ford F-350 Lariat Ultimate 6.7 CCSB
2016 Jayco North Point 375BHFS
EricRom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 08:44 PM   #14

Definitely would recommend nothing less than a one ton diesel truck to pull it. Dry pin weight is @2600 lbs which rules out a 3/4 ton.

Old 11-04-2015, 09:06 PM   #15

I definitely agree. I had a great deal on a gasser 2500HD but I couldn't do it with the specs. I don't plan on towing long distances, and ND isn't exactly known for its hills, so I thought I could get by with a 3/4ton. Everyone I talked to said it would pull it but I'd be running at 4500-5000rpm just to maintain 55-60mph. I ended up going with a 2012 F-350 6.7 CCLB.

Klassic mentioned the Ford brake controller sucks but how about with your 14?
Old 11-04-2015, 09:08 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricRom View Post
Definitely would recommend nothing less than a one ton diesel truck to pull it. Dry pin weight is @2600 lbs which rules out a 3/4 ton.
Thank you for the feedback, it is greatly appreciated!!

Question on towing -Do you have either Timbrens or airbags or is your truck stock? We are thinking we should probably get one or the other, just haven't decided which.
Old 11-04-2015, 09:10 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDMZKTAGratton View Post

Klassic mentioned the Ford brake controller sucks but how about with your 14?
It is set at 10 and does a decent job you just have to monitor your following distance.

Old 11-04-2015, 10:26 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricRom View Post
It is set at 10 and does a decent job you just have to monitor your following distance.
If I could I would want mine set at 12.
10 is a little to lite.

My beef is I had an '06 set at 7 and an '09 set at 7. The braking was perfect.
My 2012 I'm set at 10 and it isn't enough. Why would they make it worse.

Yes.. You need to becareful with your distance and be able to squeeze the slider when braking semi hard.
Old 11-05-2015, 07:29 AM   #19

I'll start with the unit. We ordered ours within the first few months of this new model being offered. Overall we love it as it meets every want and need. Only downside are the slide mechs that are Schwintec. I have had a few issues with wires breaking and sync under the first year of ownership that were annoying. You must follow a specific sequence to keep them in line or it can be a headache. Just press and hold the buttons 3 seconds longer after the slides bed and that keeps them happy.

As for towing I had a 03 F350 DRWCC 6.0 and it squat 3+ inches which then I added airbags to. Recently I upgraded to the TV in signature and that only sinks and inch. Night and day the spring package difference between the 2 as well as power.

Fully loaded my pin in 3200# based on the cat scale. I am going to re arrange some stuff this spring and reweigh to see if any changes occur. It's hard since all the 5th wheels have storage foward.

I like having 4 under the pin for both stability and incase of a tire issue. Late model trucks overall ratings have been significantly increased, but this also depends on the rear axle ratio you have in your TV. 3.43's would probably struggle a little with this weight, where 4.10's would make for a nice experience. What rear do you have?

Get a Mor Ryde pin when you order it as well.

2014 375 BHFS Eagle Premier
2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW CC
6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
3'senough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 07:33 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by klassic View Post
If I could I would want mine set at 12.
10 is a little to lite.

My beef is I had an '06 set at 7 and an '09 set at 7. The braking was perfect.
My 2012 I'm set at 10 and it isn't enough. Why would they make it worse.

Yes.. You need to becareful with your distance and be able to squeeze the slider when braking semi hard.
Put an exhaust brake Mod on your TV and don't look back. It is a whole new world of stopping power.

Also if you tell Ford of the issue maybe they can design a flash for it. Sounds like enough of you are having the issue with decreased power.

2014 375 BHFS Eagle Premier
2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW CC
6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
3'senough is offline   Reply With Quote