Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-02-2015, 09:51 PM   #1

North Point 377 Leak Issue

We just got our North Point 377 two weeks ago and we love it, But about two hours ago we had a good rain storm hit and all of a sudden the main slide where the dining table and sofa is located started leaking. When I say leaking, I mean about 30 gallons of water seeping in through the trim boards.

It seems that when the slide is fully extended the angle actually pushes the water toward the interior side of the slide. I am calling my service rep tomorrow to see what we can do about this.

Other issues we have encountered is the main AC doesn't seem to be working well and one of the Furrion entertainment consoles came with a broken DVD player.

We love the floor plan and everything else about this 5ther so hopefully these will be easy fixes.
Ranger0275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 09:24 PM   #2

Any updates? Just ordered a 377 today. Take delivery in September.
B & W Companion

Central MO
MOCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 10:30 PM   #3

Called camper world and they think when I extend the slide the seal didn't seat properly. I retracted the slide and checked the seal and seems to be a great fit. After extending the slide back out I did a water test witH a hose and seems to be sealed now. Waiting on the next big rain to truly test it.
Old 08-12-2015, 01:30 PM   #4

No leaks, but auto leveling doesn't work....

We just bought a Jayco North Point 377 rlbh a few weeks ago and have had some trouble with the auto level jack system. It shuts down and doesn't level. It seems under powered for the size of the unit. They are working on it now and hopefully will get it fixed. Any one else running into issues? Other than that very pleased with it. No leaks and pulls very nicely.
JPT5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 10:16 PM   #5

There is a whole thread on here about leveling issues. How did the unit cool down?

I'm about to cancel my order over these level issues. I'm on day 3 of waiting for a sales person from Jayco to call me. Now I'm getting upset it takes 3 + days to get a call back.
B & W Companion

Central MO
MOCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 03:26 PM   #6

I'll check out the leveling thread. Thanks. ... the leveling system is working now and does good job, however it feels under sized for the size of the camper. I think I'd prefer the hydraulic system in this case.
JPT5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 09:10 PM   #7

I had a system error on my leveling system couple days ago. The mid jacks didn't extend and caused the system to just shut down.. I downloaded the tech manual and figured out how to manually drop them. After they touched down I was able to auto retract then auto level..no other issues with the leveling system.
Old 08-16-2015, 05:45 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPT5000 View Post
We just bought a Jayco North Point 377 rlbh a few weeks ago and have had some trouble with the auto level jack system. It shuts down and doesn't level. It seems under powered for the size of the unit. They are working on it now and hopefully will get it fixed. Any one else running into issues? Other than that very pleased with it. No leaks and pulls very nicely.

Please look for several other posts on this forum with owners of Seismic Pinnacle and now Northpoint with systems that are under spec'd for the rig. Jayco Insists on using electrical "leveling" systems with these big 5s. Other manufacturers of similar units are running hydraulic and without issue. I've been dealing with issues with it since my rig was new in 2014. As a matter of fact my rig is out of service again due to a front landing gear Jack that failed, my family summer trip Tuesday looks like it is going to be scrubbed. This is a BIG problem with these systems. FYI: read operating instructions, you will see statements like the unit must be level prior to operation and then another statement saying the unit must be on a reasonably level surface. That being said what we have is more a stabilizing system that does very light level tweaks. 19.5k lbs coach and I'm using the yellow 'playskool' blocks under my triple axle to level. And to think I spent 3500$ on this "leveling" option last year.

Love the floor plan! Great choice! Perfect mix of bunkhouse for child(ren)and full living space.
P25ct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 05:51 AM   #9

Air conditioning suggestion: with the ducted central system the air intake plenum must be completely isolated from the cold air output of the plenum. If this isn't isolated right the cold air will get sucked into the warm air intake and decrease the efficiency and output of the AC. Turn your bedroom AC on with main living area unit off and if you feel cold air coming out of the intake grilles, it's not isolated. With the central/ducted system it's very difficult to access and isolate without a ceiling drop grille. Has to be done from removing the AC unit on the roof.
Old 08-16-2015, 07:57 AM   #10

Hey P25tc,

I tested my AC's and sure enough, I have cold air blowing out in my living room when my bedroom AC is on. Do you suggest I take it in for a service and have them fix it? Or is there a way I can do this myself?
Old 08-16-2015, 08:03 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger0275 View Post
Hey P25tc,

I tested my AC's and sure enough, I have cold air blowing out in my living room when my bedroom AC is on. Do you suggest I take it in for a service and have them fix it? Or is there a way I can do this myself?
It's supposed two, both units are connected to the duct work. If you want the bedroom to get most of the air open the chill grill (the slide vents on the bottom) or put the living room a/c on low fan only.
Old 08-16-2015, 11:04 AM   #12

No I know the air is supposed to come out of the cold air ducts. I'm talking about the return or air intake grilles. Where the unit brings the air in to cool it. That's where you want to feel for cold air when the main unit is off and bedroom is on.