Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-02-2015, 04:39 PM   #1

North point bunkhouse

Hi everyone
I'm interested in upgrading to the new 377 Rlbh in the North Point. Problem is my husband is worried that it will be a hard sell if we want something different in the future. Does anyone know how the market is for fifth wheel bunkhouses. I know most of our friends with kids have to use a tt because the whole family can't fit in a truck. Don't want to make a bad choice.
Cgelmini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 09:14 PM   #2

North point bunkhouse

We are looking at the same unit. I will say the mid-bunk rear living floor plans are only a couple years old. However they offer something the traditional rear bunk house does not. A comfortable/spacious rear living area that those without kids prefer. I have read multiple retired or other wise "childless" RVers use this as a Den or home office. One couple we ran into used it for a craft/sewing room. Plus the over head loft is good for storage.

The size and cost of the unit would be the only thing hurting it. Those two things generally limit the market available to buy and use it.

That said I am having trouble buying one as they don't sit long.
Hoojs12840 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 06:21 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cgelmini View Post
Hi everyone
I'm interested in upgrading to the new 377 Rlbh in the North Point. Problem is my husband is worried that it will be a hard sell if we want something different in the future. Does anyone know how the market is for fifth wheel bunkhouses. I know most of our friends with kids have to use a tt because the whole family can't fit in a truck. Don't want to make a bad choice.
As long a you are willing or able to take a huge hit on the investment then you can do it. I am in the 10+ year club with mine. We moved parallel when the new redesigned floor plan came out 2 years ago and it has everything we want or need. Most buyers of our size units have the means to store, pull and use these units. Buyers are limited in the larger units vs a tt. So with that I would tread lightly.

Also depreciation is going to happen fast for the first 3-4 years of ownership and if your financing most of it the move is going to require a considerable paydown. Forget a trade in as that will only give you about 50% of your investment back.

2014 375 BHFS Eagle Premier
2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW CC
6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
3'senough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 05:18 PM   #4

North Point 377

Ours finally came in last week and we love it. We are full time military with a six year old and decided on this floor plan just for that side bunkhouse for her. The kitchen floor plan was the best we have seen and she instantly fell in love with the loft. We are full timers because we didn't want to buy into the local market or give our money away to the military housing.

Any question please feel free ask ask.
Ranger0275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 12:06 PM   #5

We just picked up our new 377 RLBH last week and we're loving it so far! No issues with auto-level (yet).
These units seem to be flying off dealer floors and the mid-bunk layout is popping up everywhere now, so I'm not too concerned about the popularity of it in the future as far as finding a buyer. We looked for well over a year for the 'perfect' unit that fit our family of four and finally found it with this coach.
freddirkse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 05:55 PM   #6

I know the 377RLBH gives you a bunk house but also some versatility. The bunkhouse could just as easily be marketed as a bonus room or den should you want to sell it in the future. That flip down bunk could be removed quickly. I wouldn't worry one bit about resale.
Knauby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 07:08 PM   #7

Seeing as Heartland released a similar floorplan for 2016, I'm thinking its a floorplan that's catching on. As mentioned earlier, a very versatile layout that can be a bunkhouse or den.
2017 RZR for the rainy days n muddy roads
Stingray75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 01:07 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knauby View Post
...the bunkhouse could just as easily be marketed as a bonus room or den...
Exactly. Plus the loft above could be used for a TON of storage if you remove the mattresses. You could fit 12+ storage tubs up there.
Old 10-06-2015, 08:05 PM   #9

I have talked to a number of full timers that say the bunk houses (mines a rear) can be converted to storage for the full timers. Just like freddirkse
found the perfect coach someone will think yours is perfect when the time comes to sell.
2000 F250SD SRW 7.3 LB Extended Cab Air Bags
2002 Western Star 4900EX 500 Detroit 13sp.
2014 Eagle 30.5BHLT (sold)
Edd505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 05:53 AM   #10

We put a down payment on a 377RLBH at the Hershey Show, a few weeks ago! Found the same floor plan in a Forest River Palomino, but by the time that we added all of the options to the Palomino, it was almost the same cost as the Jayco, and the Jayco construction quality FAR exceeded the Palomino.

We had another couple that we've camped with for YEARS, but the husband died 19 months ago. The wife had continued to travel with us, but always feels that she's "in the way" as the second bed in our current travel trailer is the fold down couch in the living area. Now she will have her own room! It'll also be great when the kids/ grandkids travel with us. Excited about taking delivery!
Fire_Instructor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 06:03 AM   #11

Ranger0275 & Freddirkse - curious what hitch you matched up to? I'm looking at the Pullrite Superglide, but haven't pulled the trigger on the hitch yet. Your input?
Fire_Instructor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 08:50 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire_Instructor View Post
Ranger0275 & Freddirkse - curious what hitch you matched up to? I'm looking at the Pullrite Superglide, but haven't pulled the trigger on the hitch yet. Your input?
My tow vehicle (GMC 3500 Dually) already had the B&W ball-in-bed hitch installed, so I went with a new B&W RVK3500 Companion hitch. Installation was a breeze and hookup/unhook is very easy.

I don't know anything about the Pullrite and as far as pulling, I'm not sure I can give any worthy feedback yet. I've pulled lots of trailers and boats before, but this is a new tow vehicle for me and I've never pulled anything nearly this heavy before either so I don't have a good comparison grid. I've pulled it about 200 miles so far and it's quite a bit more 'jerky' than I was anticipating, especially with the MOR/Ryde pinbox, but I may be expecting too much. Stopping and starting seem pretty smooth overall.
Old 10-13-2015, 11:43 PM   #13

My wife and I received our 377 at the end of August and we absolutely love it, we have a 6year old son he loves having his own room now. We have had tons of people at campgrounds ask if we could give them a tour of the trailer and they love it a lot of them are full timers and they love the layout.
Roadking is offline   Reply With Quote