Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-21-2016, 09:07 PM   #1

Northpoint Repair Problems

We're now sitting at Jayco Service waiting to see what items they can repair of the 80 plus items?
They say they weren't told about the floor, doors, chair and other replacement items? So now they don't have them on hand to replace. But when we did a plant tour all the items are sitting on the floor. They say they can't use these items and need a two to four week lead time.
So it now come down that my dealer said he's inform the service people and the service people say they were not (he said she said battle)?
So we sit in Middlebury between our dealer and Jayco's service people with only some of the repairs on the list repaired. They want us to come back for the rest.
They don't understand We've travel from Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada to Middlebury to get the Unit Repair by the best. Now to have they only to repair part of the pproblem we purchase from Jayco.
( 3000 Miles, 10 days on the road)
Also we had two tires fails half way and had to replace them at a cost of $1284.00 for a set of four ($1789 Canadian).
Great trip so far!!!
Fetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 07:30 AM   #2

Fetz
That blows. It always seems the dealer never gets it right even when you give them a written list and go over every item. Mine has been at another dealer for about a month getting stuff done and now waiting on parts. I know they are busy and I have time since next trip is turkey week. Are u heading to Mexico beach this year and where did u stay. I bought a lot there and have stayed at Tyndall AFB Rv park. Hope by next summer to have a prefab on stilts and RV pole barn and be my winter place. Than summers with FW in Keene NY

Keep us posted on your repairs. Have u had any slide or outrigger problems?
Rock
2016 Pinnacle FBTS Traded
Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 09:20 AM   #3

That's BS in my book. Did you talk to Jayco about the blown tires? I had mine replaced under warranty when 2 went in the start of the year 2. Not fully blown, just belts and bubbles observed prior to a trip.

I'd be in customers services face right now with my whole family in tow making them as uncomfortable as possible. Lay it on thick!

There all in Hershey now too, so I am sure nobody's who's somebody is around to make a decision. Minions only.

Good luck.

2014 375 BHFS Eagle Premier
2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW CC
6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
3'senough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 04:56 PM   #4

Hey, seems to be a Jayco thing. Mine's still at our dealer after giving our list in Mid-July! They try, but I guess their schedule is consistently loaded with pre-buy inspections and warranty issues. Remember, Jayco has a two-year warranty vs many that only offer a one year!

2016 Ram 3500 4X4 Dually, 6.7 Cummins, 3.73
2017 Jayco North Point 377RLBH, Cummins/Onan Gen
JetTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 05:23 PM   #5

Mine is currently at the dealership waiting on parts from Jayco...so I feel your pain.