Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-07-2016, 01:38 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagiven View Post
They can pull a frig from a different unit and put in yours. During our PDI I inquired a lot about the stereo and how to play movies and connect the phone through it. In the process we found some subsystem part of the stereo did not work (it played music just fine). They did not have one in stock. They pulled one out of another TT, and replaced it while we finished up the PDI.
I would think a Norcold fridge would a lot harder to swap out than a stereo head unit. The home style fridges aren't too hard, but aren't most of the Norcolds (RV Specific) semi-built in? In my TT, it would require dismantling cabinetry, and the exterior unit is attached to a plywood box that appears to part of the coach...
bankr63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 02:12 PM   #22
Site Team

Just a little inside trim and a few screws, maybe and its out.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 02:19 PM   #23
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagiven View Post
They can pull a frig from a different unit and put in yours. During our PDI I inquired a lot about the stereo and how to play movies and connect the phone through it. In the process we found some subsystem part of the stereo did not work (it played music just fine). They did not have one in stock. They pulled one out of another TT, and replaced it while we finished up the PDI.
There are currently several threads noting problems with new stereos, I sure hope they didn't get them from that dealer.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 12:42 PM   #24

House of Harview, your warranty kicks in as soon as you take actual delivery. I also own an auto dealership and am waiting on my third Jayco purchased through my dealership. It has nothing to do with being titled.
rachburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 01:19 PM   #25

Thanks rachburger. I figured as much because I have also acquired the manufacturer's statement of origin (MSO) directly from my, local to me, utility trailer company who actually builds custom trailers. Since I am a dealer, he just provides me with the MSO and I run from there and as long as the unit never sells out of inventory, the state never even knows it exists and if they never know it exists, they never know it needs registering. All within the law or lack thereof regarding any sort of statute violation. Bottom line is the fact that being a dealer complicates things enough to where even the most seasoned law enforcement agent won't touch it with a ten foot pole as long as one displays the dealer plate in a compliant manner. Trust me, these law enforcement officers would rather go after lower hanging fruit in attempt to meet their unlawful quotas.

Do you title your TT or do you just hold on to the MSO and sell out of inventory when the time comes?
(2) Yamaha EF2000is Inverter Generators
House of Harview is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 01:41 PM   #26

sell out of inventory.
rachburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 02:19 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddyRay View Post
I doubt they will pull one from another unit. I asked about pulling a slide motor out of another unit and was told that everything in a Jayco has its serial number recorded at the factory. Jayco gets on the dealer if they start swapping parts as it messes up the warranty records.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually this is true. I emailed Jayco about a unit I had just purchased and they sent me a list of all of the appliances including make/model and serial.

2003 Coleman Bayside / 2011 Jayco Jayfeather X20E -- RIP
2012 Tacoma Sport DCSB / 2013 Tundra SR5 - RIP
Heady is offline   Reply With Quote