Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-23-2017, 09:15 PM   #1

NP 375BHFS Auto-Level

So, we are on our inaugural trip and cannot get the auto level to work. Tilt is at 0, angle at +0.3. We have tried manually but again the middle stabilizers won't go down because of the auto level.

The only error it throws is auto level failed. Nothing else.

We've even tried moving it within the site to more level ground but aren't having any luck.

Any tips?

We started nose down and the left side is the lower side of the unit so we blocked the front jack and rear. We have 5 pegs out on the front jacks.

I figured leveling would be the easy part...boy was I wrong!

Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bertimus2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 09:18 PM   #2

Our NP is in warranty work for exact reason.... sorry to hear... my old class A would just drop air and level..... little disappointed in LCI 3.0 system on NP

risoman5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 09:20 PM   #3

Anytime I have issues, I do a retract all, hook up to the truck and then extend all jacks at least 6 inches. Then retract all, that usually clears the error. Then I make sure when I lower the front jacks with pin that I have the feet about 6 inches from the ground and then I lower the front landing gear to unhook then auto level again. Hope that makes sense.

2017 NorthPoint 377rlbh
2017 F350 DRW 6.7 PSD
MadJoker TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 09:39 PM   #4

When all else fails, do it old school and relax. I've had HWH, Big Foot, LCI etc, (Motorhomes and fifth wheels) and had success and failure with all. In the end, I'll never own another. Too easy to do it the old way. Just my worthless input. Plenty of knowledgeable people on here to help so I hope you get it sorted out.

My point? If you get stuck with this issue while trying to set up camp on a trip, level it side to side with blocks under the wheels, front to back with landing gear, and carry on with the fun. Fix the problem later.
2015 Jayco Jay Flight 28BHBE (#8)
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 08:54 AM   #5

What Mad Joker TX described is what our dealer told us to do when this happened to us. The manual states that the middle stabilizers can only be operated manually in error mode by pressing the left and right buttons simultaneously. This did work when we tried it. https://www.lci1.com/assets/content/...9;s-Manual.pdf

TheMcFarlins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 06:13 PM   #6

The levelers don't extend very far, I always put a few of the plastic leveling blocks under each jack so I don't have any problems with them not extending far enough. It takes a little trial and error but I hardly ever have any trouble any more. Also, I have had to re-calibrate the system once, it takes a little while but it can be done.
Old 08-24-2017, 09:02 PM   #7

I believe your suppose to start the auto level with the trailer nose up. You said yours was nose down, if I read it right. Mine had an error the first say we brought it home and I tried to auto level nose slightly down. I'm new to the electric leveling systems so I may be wrong but that's why I've experienced so far.

CURT FACTORY ball with the Andersen hitch
Ringneks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 02:10 AM   #8

That's right Ringneks.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 09:20 PM   #9

I called my Jayco dealer and ask the cost for auto levelers on my 2010 321 RLTS Eagle, to make a long story short he talked me out of it, , they still having too many problems with them. The cost would be around $6000.
2012 Dodge 3500
US Govt survey shows three out of four people make up 75% of the total population
rthibodaux is offline   Reply With Quote