Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-24-2017, 07:32 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoria View Post
or you could catch it on fire, which husband we did, twice. lol. we all know you are not supposed to use carb cleaner while turning it over but most DIYers do...so I am gonna ride the coat tails here if you don't mind. ?
So your husband didn't watch the you tube videos. You do not service a carburetor while is is on an engine. Also, cleaning a carb does not involve anything electrical.
Fiddich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 07:45 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddich View Post
So your husband didn't watch the you tube videos. You do not service a carburetor while is is on an engine. Also, cleaning a carb does not involve anything electrical.
He has serviced, rebuilt several carburators on several engines over the years. Never actually caught something of fire before. lol.
The carburator issue is resolved. we now seem to have an electrical issue. Which may or may not have been caused by putting a battery charger on the solenoid. I am not blaming! lol.
would there be a fuse in line for the inside starter button and the starter switch on the generator? or are those things not working due to a damaged solenoid?
Victoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 11:20 AM   #23

I sure hope someone has an idea...
Old 05-24-2017, 05:17 PM   #24

I have not looked into it but is there a drain screw on the carb fuel bowl. I run regular bull **** gas but than go to ethanol free when I know I will not be using. And yes I add stabilizer but not stabil. I use startron or starbrite enzyme fuel treatment and run ever month under load for an hour or more. So far so good and do the same with all my power gas stuff. If u can drain fuel bowl after use that is a sure fix. Even if u have a fuel shut off valve like my Honda gen and Boat motor has u run till it stops. Than when u open the carb drain more fuel comes out and that is where the gum and varnish from drying fuel comes from even if treated but not as bad
Rock
Rock
2016 Pinnacle FBTS Traded
Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 07:49 PM   #25

does anyone have a suggestion of what our problem could be?