Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-15-2017, 07:20 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhfire152 View Post
I am a little concerned about the Ground Control 3.0. There is another thread going on here regarding that electric leveling system and how horrible it is. Hopefully I get a good unit.

I would not say horrible at all. Many of the initial issues are operator error. Once you understand it and figure out when to use blocks under what jacks (i personally always use blocks under every jack and never lower the front landing via the pins) then the only problem you should ever have is with a sensor or an electrical issue.

I have been very pleased with mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2012 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie DRW - High Output 6.7L Cummins, Max Tow, FireStone Airbags, 60 Gallon Titan XXL fuel tank, Fully Deleted
2017 Jayco North Point 377rlbh with Kaut NV 2.0 bike rack
jasonmiddlebrooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 07:51 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCastle View Post
My husband travels for work (which was the reason for purchase) from coast to coast. He knows a ton of other guys that have travel trailers and some that are going to purchase one. We've stopped several guys from purchasing from Jayco by letting them know our experience.
First, sorry to read about your troubles, they are astonishing.

Second, am I correct in assuming that since you travel coast to coast with this unit, you do not have a "home base" dealer that you bought the unit from that you can take it back to for service?
Lowmiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 11:13 AM   #43

This unit never made it coast to coast. We bought it in NJ, Traveled a whole 30 miles and slide never retracted back in. The day my husband had to leave NJ is the day he figured out the slide quit. The dealer gave us trouble shooting info to get it in which took 2.5 hours of hassle. Went to SC and it wouldn't work again plus all these other issues occurred. That's when we finally took it apart and hauled it home to MO where is sits at the shop while Jayco slaps in back together with screws from the exterior and so on.
KCastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 02:17 PM   #44

Quote:
This unit never made it coast to coast. We bought it in NJ, Traveled a whole 30 miles and slide never retracted back in. The day my husband had to leave NJ is the day he figured out the slide quit. The dealer gave us trouble shooting info to get it in which took 2.5 hours of hassle. Went to SC and it wouldn't work again plus all these other issues occurred. That's when we finally took it apart and hauled it home to MO where is sits at the shop while Jayco slaps in back together with screws from the exterior and so on.
After reading your list I should think myself lucky with the issues I've had to repair on the RV's I've had. I've never had to deal with warranty though as I've bought 1-2 yr old units and warranties aren't transferable.
PlayersZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 02:31 PM   #45

I'm hoping to wash my hands of this headache!! When we bought this we had no idea of the problems that would come along with it.
It's a beautiful camper, looks really nice, it's big with plenty of room for the family, but my goodness it's complete junk!
Old 12-15-2017, 02:37 PM   #46

Quote:
I'm hoping to wash my hands of this headache!! When we bought this we had no idea of the problems that would come along with it.
It's a beautiful camper, looks really nice, it's big with plenty of room for the family, but my goodness it's complete junk!
What does your selling dealer have to say about all of this? Have they offered to step up and do the repair work in a timely manner?

Typical story is that taking the unit to a dealer you did not buy it from can result in very slow repairs, kicked to the back of the line, if they agree to do it at all.
Old 12-15-2017, 03:49 PM   #47

We purchased it in NJ when my husband was out there for work. We live in MO so we took it to a dealer there. It's been in the shop for over 4 months now. At the 2 month mark Jayco finally approved things to start getting fixed. Some items like the air conditioning unit the dealer has to go through the manufacture for replacement instead of Jayco. So it's a pretty long process and nothing is near done.
The dealer says it sits out back and they pull it in the bay now and then as parts come in.
But with everything that has fried (refrigerator, washer/dryer, inverter, fantastic fan) on it I think there is something wrong with the wiring. And the one exterior wall separates from the interior wall when the slides are out. I'm afraid to get this thing back and have a fire due to wiring issues or a slide falls out with my kids in it. I'm afraid to even pull it down the road. It's falling apart and it's brand new. I can't imagine what kind of shape this thing will be in five years from now.
Old 12-15-2017, 04:14 PM   #48

From what I've seen, a 2 month delay in warranty repair authorization is again at the dealer level, not the factory level.

Sometimes the dealer needs to diligently push on warranty claims, but if the dealer has customers who bought rigs from them already in the warranty line, they're going to be more incentivized to take care of them first.

Not saying that you weren't owed a better built unit, but a lack of committed dealer advocate will always make a warranty situation worse, which is where your misery really is coming from: lack of quick and competent repairs.

Has the selling dealer been of assistance at all?
Old 12-15-2017, 04:31 PM   #49

They were of assistance in the beginning when we started having a bunch of issues. I'd call them for trouble shooting. But after awhile they got tired of dealing with us.
The main problem that I'm having is that I want a new unit or for Jayco to buy this back. I don't think it's safe, and I don't trust it not to have many issues after we get it back. Then when it's out of warranty it comes out of my pocket to fix all this.
The time at the dealer is to be expected with all the issues it has. I just wish Jayco could do more than what they are. They act like these issues are no big deal.
Old 12-16-2017, 09:18 AM   #50

Quote:
They were of assistance in the beginning when we started having a bunch of issues. I'd call them for trouble shooting. But after awhile they got tired of dealing with us.
The main problem that I'm having is that I want a new unit or for Jayco to buy this back. I don't think it's safe, and I don't trust it not to have many issues after we get it back. Then when it's out of warranty it comes out of my pocket to fix all this.
The time at the dealer is to be expected with all the issues it has. I just wish Jayco could do more than what they are. They act like these issues are no big deal.

Time to lawyer up. Unacceptable! Jayco needs to by this unit back. Obviously it is a lemon.

Treatcg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 11:18 AM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treatcg View Post
Time to lawyer up. Unacceptable! Jayco needs to by this unit back. Obviously it is a lemon.

I agree. Normally, I'd say pressure the dealer you bought from, but if you're now several thousand miles away from them, I think they might realize the chance of return business or impact on local word of mouth is pretty slim, hence the why they've turned their back.

Since you're under warranty, a stern letter from an attorney sent to both dealer and Jayco would probably get attention. They're contractually obligated now to make this right, while you're under warranty.
Old 12-16-2017, 01:17 PM   #52

I agree!! Something needs to be done!
Old 12-16-2017, 01:19 PM   #53

Yep. We go home in January and if nothing happens through the BBB that's what we will do. Get a lawyer.
Old 12-16-2017, 02:07 PM   #54

Quote:
Yep. We go home in January and if nothing happens through the BBB that's what we will do. Get a lawyer.

Keeps us updated. I hope it all works out.

Treatcg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 08:11 PM   #55

I will let you guys know what happens
Old 12-16-2017, 08:22 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhfire152 View Post
I see the debates on here about Airbags vs Supersprings. What is your take?
I went air bags as I found it gave better control over height, sway etc. Where a person should be careful is insured weight. In BC, tow vehicles are insured on gross vehicle weight. Insured weigh can be increased, but once a threshold is crossed, certain commercial regulations apply. My F-350 dually is insured for 5500 Kgs, but if I want, or need to go beyond that, I would then need to have the truck inspected on a yearly bases.
RozRider and Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 05:29 PM   #57

I really feel for ya on this. I had a Forest River that we bought brand new. 5 hours straight home from the dealership, parked it in the driveway and the monsoon set in. Showing it off to some friends that nite and don't know it came with a waterfall in the master closet. I'm on the roof in a lightning storm to patch the leaking roof at the front cap. It was a running joke as to what was gonna puke on it during the next trip. I could go on for hours with all the crap. Traded it in and bought a 375BHFS. Couple of minor issues with the exception of the right bunk/outdoor kitchen slide. End of the season this year and winterizing it and the slide got really pissy about going back in. Got it in after some body persuasion, but it doesn't want to come back out. My dealer is aware and I have an appointment in the spring. Guess I got lucky and got a decent one.
Old 12-19-2017, 12:46 AM   #58

That's the same slide we have problems with. The bunkhouse outdoor kitchen slide. Been 13 months of straight problems with it. They say it now has to be rebuilt. Ridiculous. I couldn't imagine what that would cost if it were out of warranty. I'm not going to find out. It will be long gone before that!!
Good luck with yours hopefully you don't run into major issues like we did!
Old 03-04-2018, 02:14 AM   #59

Should I buy the 375BHFS?

I'm in the market to live full time in a 5th wheel for a few years and really like the North Point 375BHFS layout. I've read several reviews and spoken with other private party sellers and there are a lot of people having a problem with the same rear passenger side slide. What gives? I want to pull the pin and purchase this rig, but is it a mistake? I've heard since Thor bought out Jayco the quality has been dropping, but worst yet, the customer service is non-existent anymore. Any advice?
Big Country 77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 02:35 AM   #60

That's the reason why we purchased our 375bhfs. It's a beautiful camper, plenty of room for the kids, and my husband travels full time. We had a coachmen before this..Great camper we just outgrew it. The 375bhfs lasted us almost 4 months until it was no longer usable. (Refrigerator quit, fantastic fan quit, out washer/dryer fried, slide quit while it was out, and so much more) We special ordered it and everything. It's been in the shop for 7 months now and still waiting to get it back. No end in sight. Jayco took it back to the factory, but everytime I call or email to check the status of it I'm just a pain in their ass (or so they act), that's if they reply or call me back. I sent my last email to them the beginning of February and still have not received a reply. It's March 4th.
They are not very easy to deal with.
Since my husband travels so often we were forced to rent an apartment while still paying for this camper that we haven't seen since last summer. Totally defeats the purpose of getting the fifthwheel for us.
If we had the choice we would not go with jayco again. We would go with an older mobile suit or older camper in general that was built durably. The quality of them are amazing compared to any of these new cheaply built ones today.