Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-26-2017, 06:07 AM   #1

Ordering a 2017 Eagle 293RKDS today

My girlfriend Missy and I are pulling the trigger today. We are putting down a deposit on a factory order for a 2017 Jayco Eagle 293RKDS.

We went with the following options.
*Cashmere interior
*Dinette booth
*Dry camping package (LP gen prep)
*Dual pane windows
*Auto leveling
*Rear backup/review camera
*Dual theater seating IPO dual rockers
*2nd AC for bedroom
*Mor/Ryde pin box
*12 cubic foot RV fridge
*Bedroom TV
*Goodyear US made tires (new mandatory option, they dropped the Maxxis Tire option)
*Special factory order rear electric stabilizers add-on

We also have a request into Jayco to see if we can get a low profile AC for the bedroom to keep the clearance down. Maybe low profile IPO both units.

Earl
Mopar_Earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 06:51 AM   #2

Earl,

Congratulations, very nice floor plan and you've chosen all excellent options as add ons.
I'm sure you guys will love the trailer.

Another thing you might want to consider is the MORryde Heavy Duty Shackle Upgrade Kit.
Not sure if Jayco can install it, but you could talk to your dealer.

Now the tough part comes - waiting for it to be built and delivered

Good luck and have fun enjoying your new Jayco.
Old 01-26-2017, 07:01 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROC-REQS View Post
Earl,

Congratulations, very nice floor plan and you've chosen all excellent options as add ons.
I'm sure you guys will love the trailer.

Another thing you might want to consider is the MORryde Heavy Duty Shackle Upgrade Kit.
Not sure if Jayco can install it, but you could talk to your dealer.

Now the tough part comes - waiting for it to be built and delivered

Good luck and have fun enjoying your new Jayco.
Thanks! Fortunately we are in no hurry as we won't start camping till mid April. Also I need the time to remove all my goodies from my trade trailer.

I will add the heavy duty shackle wet bolt kit and I will pull the Mor/Ryde cross members from my current trailer. They go between the hangers to support the hangers and frame. Will also install neverfail bushings. Another thing I will do is swap out the china wheel bearings and seals for US made.

I plan to pull a lot of things from my current trailer to put over on the Jayco.

Earl
Old 01-26-2017, 07:30 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopar_Earl View Post
... I will add the heavy duty shackle wet bolt kit and I will pull the Mor/Ryde cross members from my current trailer. They go between the hangers to support the hangers and frame. Will also install neverfail bushings. Another thing I will do is swap out the china wheel bearings and seals for US made.

I plan to pull a lot of things from my current trailer to put over on the Jayco.
Earl,

Great plan, sounds like you have everything thought out - good for you.

Our Jayco Eagle Premier came with angle iron welded between both the front and rear hangers, so I only needed to add a MORryde cross member to the center hanger. I did that when I added the heavy duty shackle wet bolt kit.

I also added the Steadfast stabilizer system, which I'm very happy with. Personally, I find the Steadfast system to be better and easier then the JT Strong Arm system I had on a previous trailer.

Good luck.
Old 01-26-2017, 08:52 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROC-REQS View Post
Earl,

Great plan, sounds like you have everything thought out - good for you.

Our Jayco Eagle Premier came with angle iron welded between both the front and rear hangers, so I only needed to add a MORryde cross member to the center hanger. I did that when I added the heavy duty shackle wet bolt kit.

I also added the Steadfast stabilizer system, which I'm very happy with. Personally, I find the Steadfast system to be better and easier then the JT Strong Arm system I had on a previous trailer.

Good luck.
Thanks! That's great info on the steadyfast versus the JT strong arms. I plan to install either one. My current trailer has lippert hydraulic level-up installed. So it has the angled pinless landing gear and it's pretty solid.
The Jayco has the electric leveling which was pinned landing gear. The tube in a tube in tube is where almost all the movement comes from. So wish Jayco wasn't anal about hydraulics. I've never had electric slides before.
Also highly concerned about the performance of the electric leveling too. My hydro's on my current trailer will level you no matter the situation. One time we had such a horrible site the curb side was so high off the ground, we had to use the picnic table bench as a step to get in and out of the trailer. Trailer has three steps.

Earl
Old 01-26-2017, 09:07 AM   #6

Congratulations.

... but I am confused...
Quote:
snip...
I will add the heavy duty shackle wet bolt kit ...snip... Will also install neverfail bushings. ...snip
Aren't both the 'wet bolt kit' and the 'neverfail' bushings doing the same thing - replacing the OEM suspension bushings?
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 09:26 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanAZ View Post
Congratulations.

... but I am confused...

Aren't both the 'wet bolt kit' and the 'neverfail' bushings doing the same thing - replacing the OEM suspension bushings?
Even though they call them neverfail, they will indeed fail at some point. A tech for neverfail said it wouldnt harm them to grease them and he recommended it. Also most of the heavy duty shackle kits I ever seen are wet.

The neverfail will outlast the nylon and the metal bushings. They don't require greasing like the metal. But like I said, the neverfail tech support guy said it definitely wouldn't hurt to grease them and would extend their life.

Earl
Old 01-26-2017, 01:55 PM   #8

Quote:
... Also highly concerned about the performance of the electric leveling too. My hydro's on my current trailer will level you no matter the situation. One time we had such a horrible site the curb side was so high off the ground, we had to use the picnic table bench as a step to get in and out of the trailer. Trailer has three steps.
Earl
There are definitely difference between the hydor and electric leveling systems.
IMO you can't expect an electric leveling system to lift a trailer like a hydor system can.

I use boards to get the trailer close to side-to-side level before leveling with the electric system. Following this procedure, my level system has always performed excellently. I have the LCI Ground Control 2 on our trailer.

I think once you get use to using the electric leveling system, you'll be happy with its performance. You just probably won't be able to use it exactly like you've used your hydro system.

Good luck.
Old 01-27-2017, 06:01 AM   #9

Last night the deposit was made, paperwork signed. Order goes in today.

Dealer is still waiting to hear back from Jayco on the low profile AC units.

Earl
Old 01-31-2017, 09:15 AM   #10

Update

I was able to get Jayco to install a low profile AC unit as the 2nd air bedroom unit. I did this to lower the clearance. The low pro ac will keep me under 13'. I pondered upgrading both units to low profile but figured it was a waste of money to do the main unit as the front unit, even being low profile, would still be the heightest point. It will be a Mach 8 ultra low profile 15k BTU.

Last I heard, they expect it to be off the line by the second week of March.

Earl
Old 02-16-2017, 06:35 AM   #11

Dealer updated me via email. My unit is scheduled to come off the line March 10th.

Earl
Old 03-13-2017, 02:11 PM   #12

My dealer emailed me today. My 293 has been built and is waiting to be delivered to the dealer.

Earl
Old 03-13-2017, 02:25 PM   #13

Congratulations Earl. If I'm reading the thread correctly, it only took 6-7 weeks from order to completion! Don't know where you live but I'm on I-65 a lot here in Indiana and see bunches of new trailers in route at all times of day/night. Pretty sure the delivery guys are going 24/7. Best of luck with your new Eagle.
TCNashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 03:23 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCNashville View Post
Congratulations Earl. If I'm reading the thread correctly, it only took 6-7 weeks from order to completion! Don't know where you live but I'm on I-65 a lot here in Indiana and see bunches of new trailers in route at all times of day/night. Pretty sure the delivery guys are going 24/7. Best of luck with your new Eagle.
Thanks! Yes, short turnaround on my order. I've been to Elkhart and Goshen a few times. I live in South Central Pennsylvania. I did hit the RV Museum while I was out there. I drove past the Jayco corporation a few times. Massive place!

Earl
Old 03-13-2017, 03:25 PM   #15

Oh, and it took 6 weeks from the order placed to it came off the line. Should be at the dealer in a week or two.

Earl
Old 04-10-2017, 04:20 PM   #16

My 293 finally got delivered to the dealer. It sat for a month waiting to be delivered as it was built March 10th.

Earl
Old 04-10-2017, 04:41 PM   #17

Congrats on the new trailer Earl! Post up pics and a write up of your bearing and seal swap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Magnolia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 04:45 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnolia Tom View Post
Congrats on the new trailer Earl! Post up pics and a write up of your bearing and seal swap.

On my list along with lots of other mods/upgrades lol

Earl
Old 04-10-2017, 04:46 PM   #19

I do love me some mods/upgrades! LOL [emoji23]

Magnolia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 04:51 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnolia Tom View Post
I do love me some mods/upgrades! LOL [emoji23]