Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-07-2012, 06:52 PM   #1

Outside kitchen LP gas pressure

I've got an outside kitchen on our Super Lite HT. I had the dealer install a grill mount next to the kitchen. There is only 1 gas quick connect below the kitchen. Right now I have to connect either the stove or the grill to the unit's LP gas supply.

What I'm wondering is if I connected a "y" and another hose, would there be enough pressure to run both the stove and grill?

If not, the grill did come with a regulator which allowed a small propane bottle to be screwed in. I'm just trying to eliminate the small bottles.

-Dave
dlongley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 07:22 PM   #2

I regularly run my grill and Coleman stove together. I put a "t" at the tank and connect both up without a problem.
Happily married and father of
two university students.
Cancer survivor
Murphie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 07:41 PM   #3

Being tee'd off a small 1/4 inch line could pose a low flow issue. I run two grills on their own lines but the tee is done back on the 1/2 inch line then run seperate to each. You could try it but might find that your BTU's are running less when both are on. If the quick connect is done on the 1/2 inch line then it should be fine.

2014 375 BHFS Eagle Premier
2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW CC
6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
3'senough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 08:00 PM   #4

I'll check the size of the lines on mine tomorrow. My BHLT has 2 quick connections, one for the outside stove and one for the grill. I don't recall seeing a Y or T connection, but I'll look tomorrow for you.
nylyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 08:47 PM   #5

I'm curious how it works for you. While the diameter of the line seem important - I would think the pressure would be more so. Unless it's a high volume application, the diameter shouldn't matter all that much...

I'm not a plumber, so take it for what it is worth

-Chak

My Write-up on managing 12V and batteries
LED Bulbs and what I did
Chakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 05:37 PM   #6

I see this iß a older thread but I'm wondering how it worked out for others. I just bought a 2008 Jay flight 29D and I'm having the same problem. I'm using a small stove. It will light but barely. Works great on 1 + 20 lb. Tanks but won't using the camper hook up. Any one have a idea? Thanks in advance
Signmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 05:59 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Signmoney View Post
I see this iß a older thread but I'm wondering how it worked out for others. I just bought a 2008 Jay flight 29D and I'm having the same problem. I'm using a small stove. It will light but barely. Works great on 1 + 20 lb. Tanks but won't using the camper hook up. Any one have a idea? Thanks in advance
If you did not remove the regulator from the stove then the gas is being double regulated an that is your issue. If you use the camper lines for gas you cannot have another regulator in line to the appliance as it already regulated at the tank.

2014 375 BHFS Eagle Premier
2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW CC
6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
3'senough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 12:52 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3'senough View Post
If you did not remove the regulator from the stove then the gas is being double regulated an that is your issue. If you use the camper lines for gas you cannot have another regulator in line to the appliance as it already regulated at the tank.
O yea that makes sense. Never thought about that. THANKS 3'senough. I'm kinda screwed on this stove as the adjustment for the flame is in the regulator (small dial ) but I will keep it in mind on my next stove purchase. Thanks again!
Signmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 01:03 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Signmoney View Post
O yea that makes sense. Never thought about that. THANKS 3'senough. I'm kinda screwed on this stove as the adjustment for the flame is in the regulator (small dial ) but I will keep it in mind on my next stove purchase. Thanks again!
That's what drove me nutz looking for a tabletop grill. They come with a combination regulator and flame controller.

I got lucky at Lowes, they had exactly 1 model of tabletop grill with a separate regulator (two burners).

New hose, wrong connector from Camping World (I modified it to work properly) and SWMBO cooks steak wonderfully!

Sitting in The Cheap Seats.
And proud of it!
mike837go is offline   Reply With Quote