Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-07-2012, 07:40 AM   #1

Send a message via AIM to canula2
Owner Question

Can someone tell me if the Wizard Mode indicator in my fuse box is blinking if that means there is a problem. I have a 351SKTS and trippes the electric last night and after I reset I looked i my fuse box and noticed this light blinkine. It is the only light in the box and I cannot remember if it was a steady green or blinking green before and now its driving me nuts thinking there is a problem. All seems to be well, but just would like to make sure and as a follow up what is this wizard mode thing Any help appreciated
canula2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:31 AM   #2

If your Charge Wizard is like mine (and I bet it is) the mode light does something all the time, even when the RV is not connected to shore power. Here's how to decode the blinking:

LIGHT “ON” AT ALL TIMES – Indicates the Charge Wizard is in the Boost Mode (Converter output voltage set to 14.4-volts)

LIGHT “BLINKS” ON AND OFF FROM ONCE TO MANY TIMES A SECOND. – The Charge Wizard is in the Normal Mode (Converter output voltage set to 13.6-volts).

LIGHT “BLINKS” ON AND OFF APPROX. EVERY 6 TO 8 SECONDS. – The Charge Wizard is in the Storage Mode (Converter output voltage set to 13.2-volts).
There's lots of advice and information in forums... sometimes it is correct. For example, all of my posts are made by a political appointee who got the job as a reward for contributions to my diesel bill.

2011 Jayco 28.5RLS; 2021 Chevy Duramax; Pullrite Superglide Hitch

RVhiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:02 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVhiker View Post
If your Charge Wizard is like mine (and I bet it is) the mode light does something all the time, even when the RV is not connected to shore power. Here's how to decode the blinking:

LIGHT “ON” AT ALL TIMES – Indicates the Charge Wizard is in the Boost Mode (Converter output voltage set to 14.4-volts)

LIGHT “BLINKS” ON AND OFF FROM ONCE TO MANY TIMES A SECOND. – The Charge Wizard is in the Normal Mode (Converter output voltage set to 13.6-volts).

LIGHT “BLINKS” ON AND OFF APPROX. EVERY 6 TO 8 SECONDS. – The Charge Wizard is in the Storage Mode (Converter output voltage set to 13.2-volts).
We have a 2012 351RLTS and the code for the blikning light is exactly as the quote from RVhiker above.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:36 AM   #4

Send a message via AIM to canula2
Thank you so much to both of you
canula2 is offline   Reply With Quote