Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-10-2017, 06:05 PM   #1

Picking up 387RDFS tomorrow

We are picking up our new camper tomorrow from Hamilton RV. When we stopped to look at it we were told the price didn't include a convenience package which means it doesn't come with a battery or propane. Does this sound right? I never heard of a camper not coming with a battery. Plus there is a compartment for a third propane tank that is empty. Can anyone confirm this unit doesn't come with at least a battery?
Whitewulff47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 06:20 PM   #2

Picking up 387RDFS tomorrow

Sounds like dealer is trying to rip you off.
I don't think legally they can allow you to tow off their lot without battery for breakaway switch having power in case it came off truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2016 Pinnacle 36 KPTS
2016 F350 Lariat CC LB dually 6.7
jasum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 06:37 PM   #3

The battery is always extra, you are better off to supply your own. If you drive it off the lot without one its not the dealers problem since now its yours.
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 09:24 PM   #4

I would call BS, I thought Jayco shipped without but they provide a stipend to the dealer to installed locally sourced battery and fill the tanks.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
enmity02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 10:36 PM   #5

I would tell them to pound sand, that stuff should be included and you should be getting at least 25% off the sticker price.
Jarnae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 10:51 PM   #6

At the end of the day nothing is free and the cost of the battery and propane should be built into the deal.

I have never had a dealer try to line item me after the sale though.... over a battery...

I think I'd tell them to keep the trailer and look elsewhere, regardless of brand . That dealer doesn't deserve your business.
Old 07-11-2017, 11:12 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustysocket View Post
At the end of the day nothing is free and the cost of the battery and propane should be built into the deal.

I have never had a dealer try to line item me after the sale though.... over a battery...

I think I'd tell them to keep the trailer and look elsewhere, regardless of brand . That dealer doesn't deserve your business.
Exactly, go to another dealer. When I bought mine, I went with a friend and we each wanted to buy one. The local dealer was being a helmet about it and wouldn't work a deal, so we drove 2 hours to the nearest city and got a great deal on both RVs.. probably saved ourselves 20g combined.
Jarnae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 05:38 AM   #8

Every trailer i bought from a dealer new or used had a new battery and lp tanks full.

Same with a new or used vehicle, they always filled the tank.

Earl
Line-X premium
Mopar wheel to wheel steps
Mopar_Earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 11:13 AM   #9

Our dealer gave us two batteries and two full tanks on our purchase. Hope you love your 387 RDFS as much as we love ours! This is our 6th new unit and I think this time we finally got it right!
Moparmisty is offline   Reply With Quote