Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-12-2017, 05:28 PM   #1

Picking up our North Point 375 bhfs on Friday!

We made a deposit on a 2017 North Point 375 last week and are supposed to pick it up and do the PDI on Friday, the 14th.

We are upgrading from a 2012 Rockwood Signature Ultra-Lite travel trailer, which we loved and had good luck with, but it was time.

Does anyone have any advice on anything in particular to take a close look at before we sign? I've already printed the document here regarding PDIs (really appreciated that info), but I mean specifically about the 375 or North Point in general.

I've been reading the boards over the last couple of weeks, and some of the stuff is scary--like brake problems, etc.
glitelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 05:34 PM   #2

Congrats on the new North Point. Ours has had it's issues, but we still love it!

Check all the USB ports. Make sure the residential fridge runs off of the inverter (unplugged from shore power). Have them demonstrate all "working parts" for you to ensure they operate as designed.
Old 04-12-2017, 05:40 PM   #3

Congrats on the new rig!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Magnolia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 06:29 PM   #4

Congrats, I'm sure you are going to love it. All I can say is take your time and do that PDI real thorough. If the place your buying allows a overnight that's even better, especially if you can hook to water. Check the roof out, make sure it looks smooth and nothing out of the ordinary,. Check your the exterior real carefully, awning, decals (watch for bubbling, seals inside compartment doors, check that outside kitchen for delam of the veneer, door latches, etc. (I mean everything ,carefully). Inside check the flooring real good for damage (dents, nails etc.) walk the floor for squeaking, especially the main living area around the fireplace. Look at the cabinets carefully, pay attention to bowing of cabinet doors, make sure they appear mounted straight and not excessively crooked either. Check all interior main doors real good, make sure the frames aren't all loose and the doors actually fit the frames ( you shouldn't be able to see into the other room with the door closed. Look at all trim make sure it's tight and not falling off. Look at the valences, are they mounted level. Check the booth drawer, pull them out turn them upside down and make sure the frames aren't all cracked or flimsy. Check the back board near the couch, make sure it's not ready to fall off. Check the fireplace, make sure the flange is tight to the wall and not sticking out. Check your island drawers make sure the drawers go in flush to the island. Look at your refrigerator panels make sure no damage to the doors.Check your main interior walls closely especially near the joiner strips. Make sure the are relatively flat and not loose and starting to lift up.Check your wall board for discoloration also, In the rear bunkhouse, open the bathroom door and look at the paper closely for stains. Check both your sinks finish, they should have a smooth finish and not porous feeling and dull. Make sure to look down the toilet for cardboard pieces before using. When you do get water, double check you connections, all sinks and drains, toilets when flushing for leaks, also go outside and look underneath for leaks. I could go on and on but I think you get the idea. Just don't take in that new smell and new labeling on everything and believe everything is in order. Good Luck and hope it all goes well.

2014 Ram Dually 6.7 Diesel
2016 North Point 375BHFS
shadester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 08:00 PM   #5

Verify all tvs power on and have a picture via cable or antenna. All electronics works. Picked my Northpoint up last week. Missed the tv in bunk room and MYRV wifi router not working, luckily both were easy fixes. Tv wont show a pic because coax had came off main splitter and wifi router had no power because the fuse was missing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
twadd10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 08:22 PM   #6
CTP

Myrv router?

Do all north point's come with a wifi router? I have NP 377 on order and I'm not familiar with this option.
CTP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 08:48 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTP View Post
Do all north point's come with a wifi router? I have NP 377 on order and I'm not familiar with this option.
Yours will. It's a wifi router that your smartphone or tablet with the MyRV Onecontrol app will connect to. It will control your slides,leveling system,awnings, and lights.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
twadd10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 03:45 AM   #8

The previous posts give awesome advice and checkpoints. I might add since your picking up so soon I am assuming that you are buying from the lot inventory. Still not a problem but check it over for local issues that may plague vacant trailers such as mice, local bugs or critters (look for droppings in and around), go up on the roof to check for possible sun or hail damage. Likely no issues but worth checking too. Congrats and good luck with her, we really enjoy our Jayco!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Old 04-13-2017, 05:17 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grawe View Post
The previous posts give awesome advice and checkpoints. I might add since your picking up so soon I am assuming that you are buying from the lot inventory. Still not a problem but check it over for local issues that may plague vacant trailers such as mice, local bugs or critters (look for droppings in and around), go up on the roof to check for possible sun or hail damage. Likely no issues but worth checking too. Congrats and good luck with her, we really enjoy our Jayco!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Yes, we are buying from dealer stock. Luckily, we found one about an hour from our home that had everything we would have ordered (with the exception of the 2nd awning). I happened to see it on their website. They had just gotten it in, and they hadn't even processed it yet. Hubby wanted generator prep and generator already on board, and that was hard to find around here, but this one had it. For whatever reason, lots of dealers order their units without the slideout awnings, but this one had those (I know some like them and some don't--we do). It has upgraded GY G-rated tires, thermopane windows, Sanicon dump system, tankless water heater, 2nd AC, and residential refrigerator, along with a manual cord reel.

We had put our travel trailer on craigslist (kind of like "make us sell our camper"), and we got a bite sooner than expected. After looking at it a couple of weeks ago, they gave us asking price, so we were without a camper! We already had 2 trips planned for later this month, so we were lucky to find what we were looking for in stock. (Another dealer had one similar, but the gen prep and slideout covers were going to have to be done aftermarket).

Anyway, thanks to everybody for the advice and good wishes! Looks like tomorrow will be a long day. We did a good walk-through last week before making the deposit, but there's lots more to check out, especially since it wasn't hooked up then. Hope we can get an early start.

I'll come back over the weekend and update how it went

Thanks again, everyone!
Old 04-15-2017, 07:50 AM   #10

Well, we brought her (North Point 375BHFS) home yesterday. So excited!

The PDI went well. It took about 2-1/2 hours, and the people at the dealership couldn't have been more helpful. Very good experience. Ours has the Furrion stovetop, and we couldn't get it to ignite, so they call the service tech in, and he laughed at all of us because we weren't holding down the knob while hitting ignite. I feel like we went over it with a fine-toothed comb, and I hope we didn't miss anything. We decided to put the MaxAir vent covers on, so we have to take it back for those whenever they come in (the smoke color was on backorder).

Old 04-15-2017, 07:52 AM   #11

Looks great! Enjoy!
Old 04-15-2017, 08:20 AM   #12

I don't know how your stove works but we had the same problem with ours. I spoke with a technician and he said it is pretty common with new units. The trick is to bleed the line by turning a burner on and letting it run for a bit to get the air out of the line. Hope this helps.

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Duramax SB SRW
schiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 09:26 AM   #13

Nice looking!

"We decided to put the MaxAir vent covers on, so we have to take it back for those whenever they come in (the smoke color was on backorder). "

I think the max air is a good choice. I got one Max air vent in the rear bunk. No problem with that. Put the fantastic covers on the power vents. Darn hardware they supply are rusting quickly. Rust stains on the roof from it. When I do the re-roof soon, I guess I make my own hardware to prevent that.

2014 Ram Dually 6.7 Diesel
2016 North Point 375BHFS
shadester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 07:09 PM   #14

Congrats again - awesome looking combo!!! It's great to hear a story like yours; selling the old RV for your asking price and then finding a new one just waiting for you with the options you wanted already installed. Cool pic, always like the way Jaycos look so monstrous when hooked to their TVs. Enjoy it!!!
Old 04-16-2017, 07:11 PM   #15

Wow! Sweet!!
Donna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 07:41 PM   #16

Send a message via AIM to JeremiahM Send a message via MSN to JeremiahM
Nice truck too

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 04-17-2017, 07:24 AM   #17

Thanks everyone!

We spent some time yesterday after church loading it up for our trip next weekend. It was amazing how much stuff we pulled out of the travel trailer--it's been sitting in the garage and basement just waiting on a new home
2016 Ford F350 Platinum DRW with 5th wheel prep package, Diesel, 4 x 4
Old 04-23-2017, 01:33 PM   #18

Have any of you guys had a chance to have your 375BHFS in hot weather yet? We really like this floor plan and the 375BHFS is the best we have come across in that configuration.
We spend most of the time in Texas and I am curious to know how two ac units will hold up in +100* weather since the bunkroom doesn't have an ac and a third ac isn't even an option on this trailer. We like to keep the trailer really cool, 65-67* and we are a little worried two ac units might not keep up.
We will order with dual pane windows and slide toppers as I'm sure they should help but I'd really like to hear how y'all are faring out.
Thanks.
Old 04-23-2017, 03:45 PM   #19
CTP

I recently ordered a NP 377.
We live on the gulf coast and the temps are pretty close to Hot Texas.
Before I ordered I called a Jayco tech with some questions, are dual pane worth it, same with the slide awnings.
IMO after Speaking with the rep:

The dual pane, IMO weren't worth the price and they aren't filled with argon.
They add very little R value, in fact utilizing the black out curtains provided a better barrier to the sun & heat. They are better for sound than anything.
I skipped the slide toppers as well.
One more thing to worry about breaking and with the storms we get here, I'm afraid they would have been more hassle than good.
I'm fine to climb up and clean the tops.
Hope that helps, I don't have any input on AC for the bunkhouse floorplan.
CTP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 04:07 PM   #20

I've had no problems cooling our 377 both in FL and TX. I usually set thermostat at 68.