Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-17-2015, 05:45 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timon View Post
It would make sense to connect the main entertainment center especilly on the 2016 and beyond which have room for more batteries.
It's possible that they did that with the routine changes that they make. I'd call JAYCO to see if that happened. In 2015 they added a window to the FLSA shortly after production started and then about 1/2 way throught the production year went to side swing basement doors in stead of up-swing. So you never know what might have changed.
Old 05-17-2015, 10:51 AM   #22

It's not only the $42 of the higher power but the larger cable you need to run back to the batteries. That's why I hate having the charger in the breaker panel. Much better to have it near the batteries.
Timon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 10:56 AM   #23

Agreed. I am looking into replacing w a Go Power or Magum inverter / charger by the batteries.
Jayco1323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 12:50 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timon View Post
It's not only the $42 of the higher power but the larger cable you need to run back to the batteries. That's why I hate having the charger in the breaker panel. Much better to have it near the batteries.
The inverter is located in the front basement right by the batteries, there is only about a 2-3 ft run from the batteries. There is no reason for it to be close to the converter/breaker panel combo. All it needs is a 8 or 10 gauge wire to supply the 12 volt side and for recharging, doesn't need battery cable for that side.
Old 05-19-2015, 09:34 AM   #25

2016 Enhancements to Pinncale Lineup: Some of these items below is directly related to this thread. Full list on new Thread.

*Battery compartment moved to front storage, new capacity of up to 6 batteries
 Solar prep on roof and sidewall (part of Jayco Luxury Fifth Wheels Package)
 Carmana system compatible with Go Power solar panels
Jayco1323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2021, 06:27 PM   #26

38FLSA Inverter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayco1323 View Post
Question, looking at purchasing a 2015 Pinnacle (we like the 38FLSA).

Does the included 1000w inverter power up the TV's, Outlets and interior lights when boon docking?

Or does it power just the residential Samsung refrigerator?
The 38FLSA inverter [from 12V battery(ies)] powers the 120V refrigerator, living room DVD/stereo, living room TV, kitchen microwave and 120V outlet beneath cabinet to left of stove next to LED switch and light.
HHNET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2021, 06:35 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by HHNET View Post
The 38FLSA inverter [from 12V battery(ies)] powers the 120V refrigerator, living room DVD/stereo, living room TV, kitchen microwave and 120V outlet beneath cabinet to left of stove next to LED switch and light.
On our 2015 it only powered the fridge and the outlet under the cabinet above the stove.
Old 06-01-2021, 11:29 AM   #28

In my 2018 Pinnacle KPTS...the factory inverter runs the fridge and bedroom TV....that’s all I have found to work....so I installed a separate 220 watt inverter to power both sides of my camper 110 power....I also upgraded to 4 - 6 volt golf batteries for a total of 450 amp hrs...but of course cannot run A/C....but anything else.... my Pinnacle came generator prepped from the factory...so I wired the inverter to those connections....the transfer switch thinks it is on gen power and all works fine....I also installed 350 watts solar
2018 Pinnacle 36KPTS

Sola123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2021, 04:41 PM   #29

I put in a transfer switch on the shore power feed and a 2,000 watt inverter, I can power anything in my rig, I just need to keep in mind not to draw too much power. My ACs are on soft starts so I could even run an AC but the batteries wouldn’t last long. Dry camping a few weeks ago I had the I inverter on and my 15 month old grand daughter turned on the electric fire place, it ran fine, LOL. Now I leave that breaker off when we are dry camping.

If you power your whole rig make sure you turn off the converter so you don’t create a loop. I put a lighted converter switch right next to my inverter control.

It’s all written up here: https://www.scottenjones.com/JaycoEa...QSUpgrades.pdf
Old 06-01-2021, 04:46 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayco1323 View Post
man.. wish they would have given pinnacle owners the 1550w, only $42 dollars more for the PD4590 (90 amps / 1500W vs 60 amps / 1000W).... would have been better with what i'm trying to accomplish (dry camp running 2 tv's, winegard sat, water pump and RR..)

http://www.bestconverter.com/4500-Se...ice_c_140.html
You keep mentioning the water pump, it is 12 volt DC not 120 volt AC. It has nothing to do with inverter sizing.