Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-27-2017, 04:55 PM   #1

Pinnacle 2017 furniture

Hi! I am new here. My husband and I are full timers and ready to make the change to a fifth wheel (from older class A)
We think we've settled on the 38flsa, the only problem is that there are none in a two hour drive from here to see one in person. So today my son and I drove 2 hours to see a 2017 Pinnacle with same trim we like but different floor plan, just to get a feel for appliances and furniture.
I was surprised the sofas felt like cheap plastic. The salesman told us they were leather, but honestly they were very slick and my son even slid off the sofa. Can any of you please give me insight into this? Will they "weather" a bit with use? Are they leather?
We had gone into a Grand Design FL and the sofas felt like nice leather.
Confused out on the coast....
CampDenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 08:09 PM   #2

Our furniture has held up really well...but our rig is a 2012 and I'm sure materials have changed and hopefully even for the better.

Don't believe the chairs are leather...but naugahyde. We were never led to believe they were leather and have no problem with them not being leather. They are soft, comfortable and easy to manage (clean).

Our pups concur.

2012 Pinnacle 36KPTS - Kitchen Pantry Triple Slide
Mor/Ryde suspension and pin box, Dual pane windows, Auto Leveling System, 2 A/C's, Sailun G's and more...
View photos

Our Trip Journal
Larry G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 09:45 AM   #3

Trust me you won't get true leather in mid to upper range 5th wheels. My guess is you have to go to a DVR or similar. Go to a furniture store and price out a true leather chair. If they put true leather furniture in 5th wheels then they'd price them selves out of the competition.
goducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 10:50 AM   #4

Rephrasing

Ok well then I guess what I am asking is... are those of you who have the newer Pinnacles happy with the "Franklin American Made furniture"?
CampDenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 03:15 PM   #5

We have a 2015 Pinnacle. When I first saw the "Pleather" sofa and chairs I was not happy, and willing to pay whatever it cost to get the real thing (full grain leather). Couldn't make the upgrade so figured we'd replace it eventually. I really don't like fake leather. Saying that, after 2 years, we are very happy with the fake stuff. It feels smooth, not like real leather, but it is comfortable, durable and cleans up well. Ours is dark brown. Don't know if its the same stuff in the 2017, but they made a believer out of me.
Old 03-08-2017, 04:58 AM   #6

We have the '16 38 FLSA and haven't had any problems with the furniture in 2 years. We don't full time but we camp a lot, with 2 dogs and no worn areas or rips. Holding up well.
2002 Dodge 2500
2019 Ram 3500
Kevin and Beth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 12:39 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDenny View Post
Hi! I am new here. My husband and I are full timers and ready to make the change to a fifth wheel (from older class A)
We think we've settled on the 38flsa, the only problem is that there are none in a two hour drive from here to see one in person. So today my son and I drove 2 hours to see a 2017 Pinnacle with same trim we like but different floor plan, just to get a feel for appliances and furniture.
I was surprised the sofas felt like cheap plastic. The salesman told us they were leather, but honestly they were very slick and my son even slid off the sofa. Can any of you please give me insight into this? Will they "weather" a bit with use? Are they leather?
We had gone into a Grand Design FL and the sofas felt like nice leather.
Confused out on the coast....

WE were told they were leather too!! Pleather is garbage. Jayco knew about this and our 2017 Pinnacle started breaking before two years.. They did nothing. Lippert nothing... Franklin nothing.!! We now have to purchase new furniture! This is a GREAT VIDEO...
Pdemeritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 01:14 PM   #8
Site Team

Mine are going on 9 years and show little wear.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 01:51 PM   #9

Pleather - peels and cracks- all do eventually.
I have a 2015 38 FLSA, mine is cloth; but I saw a 2016 FLSA with the “Pleather couches” and they were all peeling.
Jeffur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 08:47 PM   #10

Mine is all falling apart and I took
Great care of it. It is junk
2016 Pinnacle FBTS Traded
Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 12:23 PM   #11

We have a 2019 Jayco Pinnacle 38 FLWS and we purchased nice furniture covers for everything when we got it. I remember having to repair our chairs in the Forest River Sierra. I called the dealership and they said the reason it was peeling was from oil in your skin. I didn't have no other area's peeling but the head area. Don't know if that was true or not but we end up purchasing covers to protect everything.
Pro Series Reese 20K W/Mor-Ryde Pinbox.
2014 Forest River Sierra 345 RET (Sold)
BajaBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 04:59 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDenny View Post
Ok well then I guess what I am asking is... are those of you who have the newer Pinnacles happy with the "Franklin American Made furniture"?

The short answer is no.
Poppyof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2020, 02:31 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin and Beth View Post
We have the '16 38 FLSA and haven't had any problems with the furniture in 2 years. We don't full time but we camp a lot, with 2 dogs and no worn areas or rips. Holding up well.
We have a 2017 Pinnacle 38FLSA. So far the furniture has held up well as has the rest of the trailer. Although it's bigger than we've decided we need, it's very comfortable.

Jim
Old 01-13-2021, 10:43 PM   #14

We have a 2016 Pinnacle FBTS with the "pleather" furniture. The pleather has worn away in 2 places on the theatre seating and the jack knife sofa is anything but comfortable. We snowbird every year and have driven coast to coast twice with the 5ver. We got rid of both the jack knife sofa, the theatre seating love seat, went to Macy's, ordered 2 recliner rockers in real leather and couldn't be happier. It's just the 2 of us and an elderly front declawed kitty. No reason for it to peal and flake. When we sold our 2001 Designer for the Pinnacle, the 2 reclining rocker/chairs and the sofa still looked great - of course it was fabric, easy to clean and much more comfortable. When Thor bought out Jayco, the quality went downhill - fast.

2016 Pinnacle 36 FBTS
2018 Ford F350 XLT SRW 6.7 diesel
sharon w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 10:47 PM   #15

We have the same 5ver as you - and junked the cheap pleather jackknife sofa that was sooo uncomfortable and the theatre seating love seat - also uncomfortable and didn't extend correctly. Went to Macys and bought 2 real leather recliners - much more comfortable, less weight, and we were able to buy a small credenza in black from Ikea to store things - since getting to the cabinets above the sofa requires a ladder - totally useless.
sharon w is offline   Reply With Quote