Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-02-2012, 10:18 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_Fla View Post
...We had a Sunnybrook TT a some years ago.....
Rob, did I meet you at Topsail State Park several years ago?

Were you active on the old Sunnybrook Talk Forum?

I have a 2003 Sunnybrook 29DBS. We've outgrown the bunks and it's time to move on.

We are looking at the Pinnacle 35LKTS. My wife is now leaning toward the Pinnacle 36KPTS.

We are trying to decide if we will break our promise of not buying a trailer that you can not access the refrigerator without opening a slide. Unless you partially open the slide, you cannot open the fridge on a 36KPTS. I was told that the slide can be partially extended on the Pinnacle then retracted. Is this true?

The other requirement was not opening a slide to access the bathroom. We looked at a nice Select Suites that required opening the slide to enter the bathroom. On Select Suites you have to FULLY extend the slide before you can retract it. It was quickly taken off the shopping list.
Previous RV's: '03 MobileScout Titan 29DBS; '01 Sunnybrook Lite 2708 SLE; '99 Coleman Utah
Previous TV's: '02 Chevy Suburban 2500 8.1 4.10; '99 Chevy Express 1500 5.7
drfife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 04:53 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by drfife View Post
Rob, did I meet you at Topsail State Park several years ago? It is possiable, we have been to TopSail many times

Were you active on the old Sunnybrook Talk Forum? Yes we were active on that forum sometime back.

I have a 2003 Sunnybrook 29DBS. We've outgrown the bunks and it's time to move on.

We are looking at the Pinnacle 35LKTS. My wife is now leaning toward the Pinnacle 36KPTS.

We are trying to decide if we will break our promise of not buying a trailer that you can not access the refrigerator without opening a slide. Unless you partially open the slide, you cannot open the fridge on a 36KPTS. I was told that the slide can be partially extended on the Pinnacle then retracted. Is this true? Yes, since slides on the Pinnacle are all electric driven their is no problem partially opening then closing

The other requirement was not opening a slide to access the bathroom. We looked at a nice Select Suites that required opening the slide to enter the bathroom. On Select Suites you have to FULLY extend the slide before you can retract it. It was quickly taken off the shopping list. Intresting, I have not seen a 5th Wheel that you had to fully open any slide before you could retract it.

That is one thing we looked for, we can access the Bathroom, Bedroom and Refig without opening any slides.
Hope everything works out.
Rob_Fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 05:41 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_Fla View Post
Intresting, I have not seen a 5th Wheel that you had to fully open any slide before you could retract it...
On some model years of Double Tree and DRV (Mobile Suites and Select Suites) the hydraulic slide must be fully extended before it can retract.

I don't know why they are designed that way. But that is very inconvenient especially when the slide that must be fully extended is on the street side of the trailer. Could get interesting if you pulled off the shoulder of a highway and had to use the restroom.
Previous RV's: '03 MobileScout Titan 29DBS; '01 Sunnybrook Lite 2708 SLE; '99 Coleman Utah
Old 02-03-2012, 06:28 AM   #24
Site Team

Doc, have you looked at the 321RLTS and 351 RLTS floor plans? We have none of the dislikes you mentioned in either. Our 351 RLTS has met every expectation.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 07:35 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by norty1 View Post
Doc, have you looked at the 321RLTS and 351 RLTS floor plans? We have none of the dislikes you mentioned in either. Our 351 RLTS has met every expectation.
Norty, yes we have looked at those floorplans.

I prefer looking directly at the TV when I'm seated. That is not possible on the trailers with rear entertainment centers.

If we get the 35LKTS or 36KPTS, I'll swap the location of the sofa and chairs.

I'm in the minority disliking rear entertainment centers. It is a very popular option with many manufacturers. I'm sure they outsell the floorplan I prefer.
Old 02-03-2012, 10:42 AM   #26
Site Team

On our 351 RLTS, the sofa makes a turn that puts you directly in front of the entertainment center. The recliners and sofa make it not a bad seat in the house for us. To each his own.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 10:06 AM   #27

I sent the note below to Jayco via their website:

We are planning to order a 5th wheel in the next few months. We are looking at many manufacturers. Our favorite floorplan is your Jayco Pinnacle 36KPTS. The only negative is that the refrigerator cannot be accessed with the slides retracted. If the street side slide pantry and refrigerator were swapped in position, the refrigerator could be accessed with the slides in. Are there plans to do that? Could you build one for us with this configuration? If so, this would be the perfect trailer for us. Contact me if you have questions or comments.
Old 02-05-2012, 11:00 AM   #28

Quote:

We are planning to order a 5th wheel in the next few months. We are looking at many manufacturers. Our favorite floorplan is your Jayco Pinnacle 36KPTS. The only negative is that the refrigerator cannot be accessed with the slides retracted. If the street side slide pantry and refrigerator were swapped in position, the refrigerator could be accessed with the slides in. Are there plans to do that? Could you build one for us with this configuration? If so, this would be the perfect trailer for us. Contact me if you have questions or comments.
I do not know if Jayco will do custom mods like that since not only the location of the refig will be different but the cutout on the wall for the refig vent will be custom also, as there may be framing in the wall back there.
Also it is hard to tell if the refig will fit in the same space as the pantry.

Look forward to hearing what the response from Jayco will be.
Old 02-05-2012, 12:12 PM   #29

When I ordered my Eagle, my dealer offered to have some mods done from the factory that were not in the options list. He said that he could have some special order items. One that comes to mind was to have the gel coat fiberglass like the Pinnacle has. As a side note, we ordered ours with them not mounting the toilet paper holder, as we wanted to mount it ourselves. They charged us for this option, $25 I believe, but you could see where they had mounted it then removed it per our request, got a bit of a chuckle out of that. We also wanted to eliminate two dinette chairs, but the cost (I don't remember exactly what it was) was silly, as it would have cost us extra to not have the chairs. Anyone want a couple of dinette chairs in the Amber color option?

2019 Airstream Flying Cloud 27FB
2012 321RLTS Eagle (sold)
2011 F350 CC SB
dzwiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 12:38 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzwiss View Post
They charged us for this option, $25 I believe, but you could see where they had mounted it then removed it per our request, got a bit of a chuckle out of that.
Now that is funny, guess the $25 was to remove it? LOL
Old 02-05-2012, 01:11 PM   #31

Quote:

Refrigerator access while we travel was/is not really an issue for us. If you do need access just move the slide out enough to get to it...the slides being electric you can do this without having to extend all the way.

We carry a cooler for drinks/food in the 'puller'.

Let us know what you find out and hope you get your 'perfect camper'.

2012 Pinnacle 36KPTS - Kitchen Pantry Triple Slide
Mor/Ryde suspension and pin box, Dual pane windows, Auto Leveling System, 2 A/C's, Sailun G's and more...
View photos

Our Trip Journal
Larry G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 02:11 PM   #32

Quote:

Before I ordered our Eagle I sent an email question to Jayco regarding the height of the pin and the type of truck I was ordering. I had a concern that the new 4WD F350 may be too high for the Eagle and wanted to make sure I ordered the correct truck, as I would have gotten the 2WD if height was an issue. I didn't get a response from them at all, and proceeded to order the 4WD. When I ordered my trailer the dealer implied that I may have an issue with truck height, so I was concerned. The dealer did specify that my trailer be assembled with the springs on the lowest hanger hole to add a bit extra height to the trailer, which ended up costing an additional $126, which was well worth it as I have plenty of bed clearance, although we have to use an additional step when set up in many sites (a bit of a pain but worth it for the peace of mind when getting into many sites and gas stations). Since I now have my trailer and a VIN, Jayco answers my questions promptly.

2019 Airstream Flying Cloud 27FB
2012 321RLTS Eagle (sold)
2011 F350 CC SB
dzwiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 01:12 PM   #33

Just notified that our Pinnacle has arrived at our dealer in So. Cal.

Now we are really excited and March 15 cannot come soon enough.

Mor/Ryde suspension and pin box, Dual pane windows, Auto Leveling System, 2 A/C's, Sailun G's and more...
View photos

Our Trip Journal
Old 02-24-2012, 01:23 PM   #34
Site Team

March? Go get her tomorrow.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 11:03 PM   #35

Location: Burson, CA In the foothills of the Sierra Nevada Mts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabman View Post
March? Go get her tomorrow.
No, do it on your time table, don't try to "fit it in" cause you could miss something in the walk through if you are hurried. Especially on a long distance purchase as you are doing.

I know you saw my thread at RV.net about my roof. We too bought long distance, went to Prescott AZ in December. The deal went relatively smooth but due to our time constraints I allowed myself to hurry through the walk through and though the dealer did a good job of making the unit ready for us there were a couple of things we let slide till we got home. Fortunately we have been able to have those items fixed by the local Jayco dealer with no hassle. I will say however, had I been able to get up on the roof at that time and saw the condition of the roof material I would have insisted it be corrected or no deal. The temps the night before we took delivery were in the teens and the roof was iced over pretty good. It would have been suicide to get on that roof at that time. What I could see from the ladder looked ok to me, but again there was a lot of ice up there.

Good luck with your new Pinnacle they are beautiful trailers.

Steve
Panhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 12:40 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panhead View Post
No, do it on your time table, don't try to "fit it in" cause you could miss something in the walk through if you are hurried. Especially on a long distance purchase as you are doing.

I know you saw my thread at RV.net about my roof. We too bought long distance, went to Prescott AZ in December. The deal went relatively smooth but due to our time constraints I allowed myself to hurry through the walk through and though the dealer did a good job of making the unit ready for us there were a couple of things we let slide till we got home. Fortunately we have been able to have those items fixed by the local Jayco dealer with no hassle. I will say however, had I been able to get up on the roof at that time and saw the condition of the roof material I would have insisted it be corrected or no deal. The temps the night before we took delivery were in the teens and the roof was iced over pretty good. It would have been suicide to get on that roof at that time. What I could see from the ladder looked ok to me, but again there was a lot of ice up there.

Good luck with your new Pinnacle they are beautiful trailers.

Steve
We would like nothing better to go down now but schedule does not permit.

Plan on leaving really early (probably 5am) on March 15 for the 475 mile drive and then do the walk thru which will not be a rush job.

The roof is the first place I go after seeing some of the problems recently on message boards. Hopefully any problems will be documented/noted as they will be up on the roof installing a Max-Air.

The dealer has offered us to stay overnight and run things with tanked water and their electric after the walk thru and if any issues they can take care while we are still there.

So far the dealer and sales person have been above board and maybe that is why they are the #1 Jayco dealer in the country.

We are salivating!!!

Thanks Steve and all.

View photos

Our Trip Journal
Old 02-25-2012, 05:55 AM   #37
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panhead View Post
No, do it on your time table, don't try to "fit it in" cause you could miss something in the walk through if you are hurried.

Steve
I think Larry realizes my post was all in good fun..............
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 07:02 AM   #38

Larry, Congradulations

Now the wait till March 15 is going to be tough but it will be worth it !!!

Glad your Pinnacle made it to the dealer safe and sound.
Old 02-25-2012, 08:32 AM   #39

March 15 gives them plenty of time to detail it out and find any problems, if there are any. No big hurry.
jal0710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 11:49 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabman View Post
I think Larry realizes my post was all in good fun..............
Certainly did Lee.

View photos

Our Trip Journal