Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-09-2014, 04:14 PM   #1

Smile Pinnacle 36REQS OR 36RSQS

Getting ready to order one of these 2 for fulltime. anyone have either one that they can offer any comments on . Bad or good would love to here your feelings.
RICK03HD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 05:21 PM   #2

Welcome to JOF. Looking at floorplans last fall, we thought having the TV and fireplace easily viewed from the kitchen made better sense. I like watching the morning shows when cooking breakfast
2017 RZR for the rainy days n muddy roads
Stingray75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 12:31 PM   #3

We I'm also interested in hearing about these two units, we ordered the 36REQS unit 3 weeks ago, we looked at one on the lot in Calgary, just didn't have the colour package we wanted. We have a couple small dogs, so we went with the Ash interior with all dark leather furniture.
68 Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 01:30 PM   #4

I like the pecan because of the accent colors that go with it but it only comes with cloth couch so we will probably go with the Ash also because I like the darker color. I looks to be a well built unit. Was hoping to get some feed back
Old 11-12-2014, 01:45 PM   #5

I agree with the Pecan accent colours, the window coverings are a brown leather that would match the dark leather furniture of the Ash package, this was something we asked our sales person about, but was told we couldn't mix the two packages from a factory stand point.
Old 11-14-2014, 08:06 AM   #6

Well I've owned 2 Jaycos , 1 Keystone and 1 Mountain High
Jayco in my opinion is the best quality for the money.
Old 11-14-2014, 02:23 PM   #7

In the 36SRQS, the two chairs sit directly facing the TV vs. watching it from an angle. I would prefer straight-on viewing. Whereas on the 36REQS you get an end table, two bar stools, and a longer section on the sofa so it's all tradeoffs. Seems like the counter next to the bar stools is wider too indicating perhaps a wee bit more storage underneath.

2015 Ford F350 Lariat FX4 6.7 CC DRW
2015 Eagle Premier 351RSTS

Quahog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 02:31 PM   #8

I agree I'd rather sit facing the TV. My wife likes the L shaped sofa on the REQS because it gives separation to the rooms.
Old 11-14-2014, 03:23 PM   #9

Yes, the counter next to the bar stools has the slide out hidden garbage and is 24" wide for more counter, I think the stools are a little tight fit though. I heard another member mentioning they took out the two recliners and replaced with one, I have sat in the two recliners, they swivel, rock and extend, but not enough for two people at once in my opinion. I agree the TV viewing straight on is a must. The L shaped couch will allow one to laydown almost straight on and the build in recliner is a dead shot. The DW can also watch TV with a straight shot if she is in the kitchen horsing around lol.
Old 07-07-2015, 06:21 PM   #10

Do you have the L shaped couch? If you do, do you have to move the L section and set it on the couch for travel????
chrisbono62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 08:04 PM   #11

I do have the L shape couch, what I do for travel is it lays on its side in between the couch and dinning table perfectly. I only have two of the dinette chair with us, just me and wife now, so for travel we put them both on the same side closest to the door, the table sides 12" each way, so we push the table close as we can to the two free standing chairs, then the reclining chair fits in that spot.

2015 Pinnacle 36REQS
2010 F-350 Harley Davidson 6.4L Powerstroke
Short Box Crewcab
6" Procomp Suspension Lift & 35" M/T Toyo Tires
Doug & Nikki, 2 fur babies
Murphy & Chloe are Shar Pei
Old 07-08-2015, 09:36 AM   #12

We just took delivery of our 2016 36REQS and it has changes from the 2015. There are only 2 outlets next to the TV inside the cabinet to plug stuff into. The unit only has a DVD player not a Blu-Ray so there really is no where to plug it into for power. The TV also doesn't move and is mounted with a fixed bracket. Ours didn't come with the 2 chairs for the "breakfast" nook, dealer said that is no longer an option. We ordered with the theater seating, but got the 2 rocking recliners instead. Again told that's how it is now, but the build sheet says theater seating. The couch is not a recliner, it's a sleeper and is shorter than most. For the most part it's a beautiful unit and we will be camping in it the first time this Friday. I posted pictures of mine here: http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f6...y-26001-6.html

2016 Pinnacle 36REQS
2022 Ford F-450 6.7 4x4 CC LB Dually
Mike & Chelle, My kids when they decide to go with us.
MikeNChelle is offline   Reply With Quote