Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-25-2016, 07:50 PM   #1

Pinnacle - 38FLSA - Opinions

Hi All

We are brand new to the world of RVing (never camped before, ever) and have narrowed our purchase choices down to two different units. (the Pinnacle 38FLSA and one ... other)

As most newbies I have done a ton of research on 5th wheels and would like some opinions from actual owners on what people like (and don't) about the 38FLSA

I am towing with a 2015 F350.

Thanks in advance
Mark
ramsaymc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 09:55 PM   #2

We own a 15' 38flsa and like you,looked at every floor plan,went to every rv show possible visited every dealership we could before purchasing the pinnacle.It came down to the 3711fl Montana or the 38flsa.what sold us on the jayco was the overall finish and the extra year warranty. As far as liikes or dislikes with the unit,I really don't have any dislikes we got exactly what we wanted. I do have one dislike I wish that Jayco would put Good Year tires on their units as a stock item from the factory,that's the only thing that really worries me while traveling somewhere,but other than that we are happy campers! Good luck and I hope you get what you want.Welcome aboard too!
Old 01-25-2016, 10:13 PM   #3

Thanks very much for the reply.

Interesting, the reasons you purchased are the same ones that has the Pinnacle in the running for us. Along with the overall design inside. The other unit I am looking at is the Grand Design 379FL and along with the general layout, pricing is pretty comparable as well.

We have an RV show here this week so hopefully that will help settle things up.

Thanks again
Mark
Old 01-25-2016, 10:45 PM   #4

When we were looking (and looking) we pretty much narrowed it down to the Jayco or the GrandDesign also. We spent many an hour sitting in them. They are very similar. Probably the biggest reason was the "attitude" of the Grand Design dealer. Comments like"if this unit is too much for you we have lesser expensive models". That kind of just ticked me off from the get go. Was still a nice unit but that comment and others he made just steered us back around to our starting point at the FLSA. That being said....we have only had the Jayco since November but we really like it! No complaints/no surprises. Great rig!
Old 01-25-2016, 11:02 PM   #5

Geez I'm sure those kind of comments would have set me off as well.
Sometimes they just don't get it.

I'm pretty fortunate as both of the fellows I am dealing with have been great.
Very helpful and each have spent a lot of time with me "selling" their units.

We are impressed by both so it may come down to the Jayco two year warranty. Next I gotta figure out how to get around our 35% exchange rate ...

Mark
Old 01-26-2016, 07:01 AM   #6

Having only owned STARCRAFT & JAYCO I'm a little prejudiced. We did look at other FL floor plan units before the FLSA and the "boss" walked in looked at the bath and told the salesperson, " order it".

For us the shower was a big factor since DW has a slight mobility issue. We've been using it for over 18 months and don't regret the decision. I did have the service center switch the tires to the Goodyear's since they are now an option on the 16's.

If you opt for a W&D besure to buy Splendide, we had the "Pinnacle" brand and the washers can't take the bouncing since it is in the rear. Went through 2, now have the Splendide pair.
Old 01-26-2016, 09:46 AM   #7

Thanks very much for the insight the washer and dryer.
We (ok she) is wrestling with that as her eyes lit up with the extra clothing space !!

Good to know about the Splendide brand if we go that route.
Old 02-02-2016, 08:01 PM   #8

Jayco has a great warrantee.
Jack 56 is offline   Reply With Quote