Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-25-2016, 05:31 AM   #1

Pinnacle reviews

We looked at a new 2017 Pinnacle 38FLSA over the weekend really liked it. When we camp, we see a lot of Jayco Eagle 5'ers, and folks we spoke to really like them. I was wondering if I could get some feedback on the Pinnacle. We narrowed our 5'er purchase between the Montana 3711 FL and the Pinnacle after all the ones we looked at. Since we haven't seen any Pinnacles when we camp, can some current owners provide some feedback, pros, cons, etc.

Also, what are you towing with? I'm going to be getting a new truck as well, and on the fence between a DRW and a SRW

thanks
DownTheHighway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 05:05 PM   #2

We bought a '16 Pinnacle FLSA last July and absolutely love it. It fits our needs perfectly. We have had no issues, best decision we made.
Kevin and Beth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 05:40 PM   #3

I bought a new 2015 Pinnacle 36REQS last November. Generally, I've been pleased with the unit. I've had to fix and alter some things but nothing out of the ordinary for the purchase of any new RV these days. They're all "kits" basically. I do suggest you IMMEDIATELY replace the original tires to at least a G rated. The tires from Jayco will not survive real use. Do some online reading on the pathetic quality of many manufacturers' tire choices.

Do a very VERY thorough PDI and get everything fixed before you take delivery. Once you drive off - many dealers will forget your name and service levels are pretty sad after your purchase check is cashed.

I tow with a Ford F-350 Dually. I like the stability of the Dually but it's not really required. Just make sure you research the tow rating of any truck - don't take a car salesman's word.
Old 07-25-2016, 08:33 PM   #4

We bought a 2017 KPTS in May an have 35 nights and about 3000 miles on it and couldn't be happier, we traded in a 2012 Montana that we were very happy with, but I question the build quality of the new Montana's. I have friends that have newer Montana's that have had quite a few problems.

I pull with a 2015 Silverado 3500 dully that does a great job, but I think any of the big three dully's would be a safe bet.
Bill&Lizanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 03:52 AM   #5

We love our FLSA. DW loved the floorplan so I searched and found an 11 month old one for a little over half of the list price. Best buy ever. Our truck is a true mule as it'll haul anything. Both are in my signature.
Mule: 2016 RAM Mega Cab Dually, 4X4, Demco HiJacker 21K Autoslide on RAM Puck, Laramie, 6.7, Aisin, 4:10's, 51 Gallon Titan fuel tank, Superhitch 30K lb receiver, Jack Rabbit bed cover.
Wagon: 2015 Pinnacle 38FLSA, Sailun G's, Center Point Air Suspension, 572 Watts Solar w/4 T-145s, Solid Step, 1 ton mini split HVAC, Back up cam.
Tote: Custom built swivel wheel tote (one torsion axle w/dual tires) with a Rampage lift.
Drifter1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 04:58 AM   #6

I have the 36FBTS and love the floor plan . The main issue now is the large slide not working . I have had it in once and they said it was repaired and now have second scheduled date . The coach itself has had several thing go wrong after we used it the first couple of times , like trim falling off , door shocks pulling out but overall the coach is solid. Make sure you do a good PDI and catch everything you can before you take delivery . We pull with a 2016 GMC 3500 srw . The DRW would be better for stability for sure
kfpd404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 05:54 AM   #7

Love our 15, FLSA. Had issues with the a/c units (Coleman design problem) which was taken care of post haste. Wife saw it and said that's the one. We think we have as much room in it as we had in our first efficiency apartment.

We use a SRW Silverado and it handles and pulls fine.