Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-07-2013, 10:42 AM   #1

Popping floor

We just bought a 2013 Eagle 31.5 RLTS, love it. BUT the floor "pops"-- took it to the dealer and first, of course, it wouldn't pop, but then finally it did. He, the manager, said he would have his techs look at it, but they could not find out what is wrong. Has anyone else had this problem and what did you do. It pops when it is cold or hot so temp is not the problem and it is not just in one place, it is throughout the living area floor. They seem reluctant to look at the undercarriage. Thanks
Crablad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 11:08 AM   #2

I noticed after filling my fresh water tank that mine did the same thing on occasion. I have learned to ignore it.

2006 GMC Sierra 3500, CCLB
2005 JayFlight 25RKS
Meathead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 08:55 PM   #3

One of the trade offs of getting a real plywood floor is there are joints in the floor.

Other brands use particle board (Mush Board) which can be made any length, so no joints
Rob_Fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 09:00 AM   #4

When plywood is used for home construction there are metal attachments at the end that join at the joints... Just sayin...
cb1000rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 12:30 AM   #5

This is very interesting. When it pops is there any difference in level of the floor? Could it be the luan separating from the
foam? Could it be a air pocket transferring from one area to another. It's also very interesting that they seem reluctant to open the bottom making me think they know what it is and know opening the bottom would be a waste of time. Do a search on other trailer forums and see if others have run into this. Love to know the final solution to this.
Happily married and father of
two university students.
Cancer survivor
Murphie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 11:22 AM   #6

We picked up the Eagle yesterday and they did not do anything to the floor, said they could not locate where it was coming from but that there is a 2 year warranty so we will see if it gets better. Fixed the awning (which did have a recall on it) and the wall behind the sink--not the best job, but?
Crablad is offline   Reply With Quote