Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-10-2016, 08:30 PM   #1

Possible North Point buyer

Hey all my wife and I are thinking about upgrading to a North Point 375BHFS or possibly a 379DBFS which is a new floor plan about to be released in a few weeks.
Is anyone having issues with the slide outs under the slide floor material it appears to have a black plastic material and i am used to a tougher material in the Heartland brands. What about the electric 6 point level system? Overall we loved the feel and quality of the North Points just need to see how the 379 looks like.
CGCampbell07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 06:31 AM   #2
jsk

Subscribed.
jsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 06:58 AM   #3

We've got the 377, and so far, our six-point leveling system has been flawless. I used 10"x10"x4" wood block under each pad to assure that each leg has enough reach, and since it shortens the extension, it also further minimizes any movement.

As for the material under the slide, no problems there, either. My only under-slide issue is a seal, which appears to have been caught between the slide and a roller, and got partially chewed-up. The dealer will take care of this after our last trip of the season.

2014 RAM Laramie 2500 w/6.7L Cummins Diesel and Automated Safety Hitch
2016 377RLBH Jayco North Point
300W of Suntech Solar w/Rogue MPPT Controller & Xantrex 2000W PSW Inverter
Fire_Instructor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 07:38 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire_Instructor View Post
We've got the 377, and so far, our six-point leveling system has been flawless. I used 10"x10"x4" wood block under each pad to assure that each leg has enough reach, and since it shortens the extension, it also further minimizes any movement.

As for the material under the slide, no problems there, either. My only under-slide issue is a seal, which appears to have been caught between the slide and a roller, and got partially chewed-up. The dealer will take care of this after our last trip of the season.
Thanks how does the 6 point leveling work on the north point. I see that it has the pin pulls on the front legs and I for got to check the back/middle legs.
Old 09-11-2016, 07:54 AM   #5

No pins on the other legs. Just the front.
Sometimes I don't bother pulling the pins on the front legs. The system is much faster then a regular electric setup.
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 07:57 AM   #6

I have had my 375 BHFS since it was released in 2013. To date I have had motor and sync issues only. The sync issues were of my own doing and the motor issues were that 2 wires broke. Since having them both replaced and keeping the sync in line I have had no further issues. The major key with the Schwintec slides is not to stop mid movement and always hold the button after completing for 3-5 seconds. My kids are not allowed to touch the buttons.

The floors in the Jayco's are all plywood and no press board is used like with other lines. The black material you are referring to is a wrap used to protect the flooring. The 377 has had some issues with the support arms under the kitchen unit. I have not heard of any with the 375's, mine included.

It's a heavy unit overall and the pin is north of 3K loaded. Figure 3200 into your numbers. The new 379 model looks similar in layout, except that the bunks are only 2 from what I see online. That is a non starter for me.

Good luck in your search.

2014 375 BHFS Eagle Premier
2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW CC
6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
3'senough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 07:59 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGCampbell07 View Post
Thanks how does the 6 point leveling work on the north point. I see that it has the pin pulls on the front legs and I for got to check the back/middle legs.
Simple. First, you need to be within 2" left to right level. If I'm not close, I use lego's to get close. I place my six pads, insert and tighten my Roto-chokes, then pull the pins on the front. Getting them as close as possible.

If I'm going to disconnect, I manually extend the fronts stabilizers enough see a sliver of light between the fifth-wheel plates. When stopping the manual adjustment, this becomes the "remember" position that the jacks return to, when hitching back-up.

After disconnecting, just push the "auto-level" button, and the computer does the rest! The rears extend, then the mids, they go through a sequence to all level-up, and then you get a message that it's all done.

The handy thing is that while the instructions seem complicated (especially in the manual that they don't give you, but that you have to get on-line or print from a disk), there is a very simple step-by-step instruction sticker -mine is inside the propane door. Additionally, there is an app that you can download that is helpful in troubleshooting, should you need to.

2014 RAM Laramie 2500 w/6.7L Cummins Diesel and Automated Safety Hitch
2016 377RLBH Jayco North Point
300W of Suntech Solar w/Rogue MPPT Controller & Xantrex 2000W PSW Inverter
Fire_Instructor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 09:00 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3'senough View Post
I have had my 375 BHFS since it was released in 2013. To date I have had motor and sync issues only. The sync issues were of my own doing and the motor issues were that 2 wires broke. Since having them both replaced and keeping the sync in line I have had no further issues. The major key with the Schwintec slides is not to stop mid movement and always hold the button after completing for 3-5 seconds. My kids are not allowed to touch the buttons.

The floors in the Jayco's are all plywood and no press board is used like with other lines. The black material you are referring to is a wrap used to protect the flooring. The 377 has had some issues with the support arms under the kitchen unit. I have not heard of any with the 375's, mine included.

It's a heavy unit overall and the pin is north of 3K loaded. Figure 3200 into your numbers. The new 379 model looks similar in layout, except that the bunks are only 2 from what I see online. That is a non starter for me.

Good luck in your search.
Thanks how did you mess up the sync issue in yours? Also the 379 has the couch that turns into a bed, the bunk above that and a giant loft on the other side of the room. Since i be living in it full time the extra bathroom with a tub (i believe its a tub shower as other brands is) would be nice. If not i go with the 375 but might need to steal my dads dually if i need it as i have a 2500 but payload wise i should be able to hold 3500lbs but i wont be moving the rv alot at all maybe once or twice a year and one of them being to be inspected so i can register it and thats a 4 mile drive and 45mph. Before anyone wants to say to much trailer for the truck as i stated i wont move it and if i am over loaded i will use my dads dually till i can trade my truck in for a 3500.
Old 09-11-2016, 01:32 PM   #9

You mess the sync by stopping mid movement. I did not know any better at the time and went in and out half way the first few months of ownership and screwed it up. Now I am OCD about my moving them in and out fully with holding the button much longer than needed. Since then I have not had the issues. Also I know how to re-sequence them if they go out.

On the 379 it showed a gaming couch so did not know it converted to a bed. I need 3 minimum back there, but am content with my current unit for a while. my next move will be to a rear liver when the time comes.

6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
Old 09-11-2016, 02:22 PM   #10

So what do you do if there is an object that you might think you can clear but can't lol
Old 09-11-2016, 06:35 PM   #11

You stop and then after you clear it make sure you re-sync it. 8" in then out 3x's over to re-establish the stop point. If you don't the slide will eventually get sideways and jam. Easier to make sure the unit is clear prior to.

I've had to stop mid stream, but immediately do a re-sync once the issue is resolved. If you buy a unit ask the dealer to show you the process at your PDI. You tube also is a resource for other issues.

6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB