Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-30-2016, 09:20 AM   #1

Potential new owners

We will be ordering either a Designer or a Pinnacle, are there any comments on customer satisfaction and/or quality issues ?
Ed Hatheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 09:37 AM   #2

Welcome to the forum.

Both of these models are popular and owners of those will probably respond with their experiences. Generally the more expensive units have fewer issues, BUT the owner's expectations are higher, too. For my DW and I, and many others, finding the unit with the floorplan that is best for them is the major consideration.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 04:54 PM   #3

Ed, we have a 2016 Designer 37RS, mostly happy, but do have a few issues. I would have the dealer install a remote fan in the bathroom. You have to manually open the factory fan for it to work and if you are less than 6 feet tall the only way to reach the crank is to use a step stool or stand on the toilet. When you decide which model you decide on let us know, we may have a few more model specific things. Good luck.

Dave
Ultratravler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 05:08 AM   #4

The DW and I love our Pinnacle. Every RV has its issues. Loose moldings, cabinet and drawer latch adjustments and on occasion, larger issues. Don't let that scare you. For every one who has a bad experience, there are 50 who've had a good one. If you're going to be towing, make sure your truck can handle the pin weight.

Camp On!
Mule: 2016 RAM Mega Cab Dually, 4X4, Demco HiJacker 21K Autoslide on RAM Puck, Laramie, 6.7, Aisin, 4:10's, 51 Gallon Titan fuel tank, Superhitch 30K lb receiver, Jack Rabbit bed cover.
Wagon: 2015 Pinnacle 38FLSA, Sailun G's, Center Point Air Suspension, 572 Watts Solar w/4 T-145s, Solid Step, 1 ton mini split HVAC, Back up cam.
Tote: Custom built swivel wheel tote (one torsion axle w/dual tires) with a Rampage lift.
Drifter1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 02:03 PM   #5
Lost in the Woods

The pinnacle would be the last thing I'd ever buy after over 6 months at factory service they sent it back to az without evens phone call for review which he was to do ,the writer needs to find a new job all he cares about is the cubs so if your writer has a bunch of cubs stuff find someone else to help you
My garage is offline   Reply With Quote