Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-15-2016, 01:01 AM   #1

Power Inverter

I have a 2016 321 RSTS and the power inverter is not working. I have a residential refrigerator is not currently working on the inverter. It was working properly two weeks ago (park i was in had a 7 hour power outage) but on my return trip yesterday the fridge did not stay on and i cannot get it to run unless on shore power today. Leaving for a 2 week road trip on Saturday and need the fridge working. Any help is appreciated.
idahomike30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 04:54 AM   #2

Make sure all of the wiring is making good connection. I had the 4 ga. wire, which powers the inverter, slide right out of the ring connector. The crimp on the connector was done improperly. Since I don't have a crimping tool that large, I recrimped with welding clamp vise grip and all is good.
The inverter may have gone bad as well. Sounds like a warranty visit may be in order.
Mule: 2016 RAM Mega Cab Dually, 4X4, Demco HiJacker 21K Autoslide on RAM Puck, Laramie, 6.7, Aisin, 4:10's, 51 Gallon Titan fuel tank, Superhitch 30K lb receiver, Jack Rabbit bed cover.
Wagon: 2015 Pinnacle 38FLSA, Sailun G's, Center Point Air Suspension, 572 Watts Solar w/4 T-145s, Solid Step, 1 ton mini split HVAC, Back up cam.
Tote: Custom built swivel wheel tote (one torsion axle w/dual tires) with a Rampage lift.
Drifter1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 05:10 AM   #3

Just to cover all bases. Is the button on the inverter's remote turned on?
Did the 12v breaker trip? (not in your converter panel, but near your batteries, dedicated to the inverter)
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 05:59 AM   #4

There is a reset on the side of the inverter, check it.
Old 06-15-2016, 03:48 PM   #5

Looked but without pulling panels didn't readily see a breaker for the inverter as mentioned.
Old 06-15-2016, 03:53 PM   #6

Also I have verified the reset was not tripped. The GFCI outlet has not tripped. Inverter panel shows voltage in but nothing out. 12v DC systems all work fine. 120v AC all appliances work normal. To me the solution is replace the inverter. However i have turned it over to the dealer and given them a deadline and started looking for a local source to replace the inverter when they are not capable of doing so. I am getting a little jaded with the dealer and their we have to wait for authorization from the manufacture. I can tell you that if it were my stick and brick home an electrician would have the problem fixed and i wouldn't have to wait for authorization from the builder to make it right. What ever happened to make it right for the customer.
Old 06-15-2016, 03:57 PM   #7

What does the inverter control panel read when you turn it on?