Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-05-2016, 05:33 AM   #21

I bought my 361REQS used and have so far only had minor issues that I've fixed or am still working on.

The awning LED quit so I replaced it with the color/remote setup.

Still trying to get the dining side slide aligned correctly. It had been adjusted at one point so that the floor wasn't up an inch or so when closed but that causes the top to be too tight when closed and it's damaged the seal.

The xfer switch failed so for now I've bypassed it.

Rear stabilizer motor sometimes doesn't work, a whack with the hand fixes it. Probably a loose connection inside.

The front jacks will trip the breaker after running for 30sec or so, I just wait for it to reset and continue.

I replaced the garbage OE tires as soon as I got it home.

The L-section of the couch is loose. I need to see what holds it in place and fix that. I have to lift it as I bring in the opposing slide so it goes over the slide floor.

Front closet sliding door comes off the track all the time. Hanging rod falls down in transit if there are clothes on the rod. I think the closet walls are flexing more than the length of the rod can handle.

In my view RV's are expensive enough that they should be of better quality than they are. I don't know what the margins are at the manufacturer level but between them and the dealer someone must be making pretty good money on these.
PlayersZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 05:51 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayersZ28 View Post

The front jacks will trip the breaker after running for 30sec or so, I just wait for it to reset and continue.
I believe that is just a matter of the jacks being inadequate for the job. The single motor Atwood jacks Lippert installs on these frames are just not up to the job of raising a fifth wheel camper.
etex211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 06:35 AM   #23
Site Team

Mine have done the job very well for 5 years.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 07:29 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
And....we get what we pay for. If we wanted a top end trailer, we would have had to pay at least 2X the price. Our trailer is a good value for the $$. ��

Do you really beleive that ?

You sounds like a politician , like everything can be fix with more and more money !!

We should expect more for our money not less. The pressure should go on them not us.

Horror story can be find on high end units, so money is not the issue here.

But hey nothing will change , the customers seems to be happy, and on top of that,they even find excuses for the industry ...... Being in the industry , I would talk with my friends and raise the price of our unit by 2k ..... we would sell the same amount of units without changing one thing to the quality, and guess what....we would sell the same amount of unit....

Ford F 150 Ecoboost Tow Max 3.73 2014

Equalizer hitch 1000/10000
homer1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 08:07 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by etex211 View Post
I believe that is just a matter of the jacks being inadequate for the job. The single motor Atwood jacks Lippert installs on these frames are just not up to the job of raising a fifth wheel camper.
I keep forgetting to verify that I have the 2 breakers on the proper loads. When I switched to 6v batteries I had to rewire the original feed and there are two breakers in the old battery location. Might be something simple like that. They do work fine otherwise, slow though.
PlayersZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 01:10 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by spepi View Post
This is my list of issues I have noted this summer. I am dropping off on Oct 11 for warranty work to be completed.

1. Gray/Black tank valve seeps past the gate. After dumping at a campground, and we leave and get home, I leave my clear elbow on so I can see in there. It fills up and dumps out when the cap is taken off. I purchased a twist on gate valve to stop this from filling and dumping on me when I go to hook up. It works, but I think the main valve is bad. ( I see other people on the Jayco groups forums with this model have the same issue)

2. Awning sags a lot in the middle. I know its 21' long, but it doesn't seem to have any tension, leaving a big saggy area. Also on the awning, when opening all the way, the flap that hangs down almost ends up on the top, so I am not sure if it was put on wrong. I have to close it up a bit so it is vertical, which the sag is worse.

3. The shower door at the base is not silicone enough so water ends up under the track.

4. Shower enclosure feels very soft near the drain.

5. Bathroom floor is very creaky. Leveled or not, it creaks.

6. Main living quarters slide seems to struggle at times closing and opening. Its very squeaky when opening and closing.

7. Outside fridge doesn't get very cold. When its been on for days at the coldest setting, it only gets to about 42 degrees for the coldest.

8. Hot water heater doesn't keep water hot while on propane. It will turn on to start but after sitting for hours and you try to use hot water it comes out Luke warm and the pilot doesn't relight to maintain temp. I am forced to use electric hot water element. I found that the gas wont light unless the door to the hot water heater on the outside is open.(Almost like there is an air restriction)

9. Toilet doesn't hold water in the basin after flushing. It seeps down leaving it empty. I actually watched this happen. Toilet seat is crooked, and I noticed there is a broken support under the seat causing it to bend.

10. All speakers sound terrible. Outside speakers are not usable as you cant turn them up without crackling. This just may be the nature of them, but they all sound like they are blown.

11. Bathroom vent leaks when open and its raining out. It leaks down the sides to the floor and puddles. This happens when the rain isn't even coming down hard. It concerns me because if the vent is open, and we leave the camper, and it starts raining, we will come home to a puddle on the floor.
I had the shower door base leak issue on my last unit. The bases seem to have some sort of teflon in them, not really just never can get anything to stick to it. Try fast set 5200 on the inside. For some reason silicone just keeps peeling off and going down the road helps it pull away after a few trips. This stuff is a marine adhesive and will never come off, so use with caution.

As for the BR vent leak. Just put a $20.00 Maxx air over it and call it done. Rain or shine you can leave it open and no water is coming in. I have 4 over all my vents which are open 90% of the time including traveling some days.

2014 375 BHFS Eagle Premier
2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW CC
6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
3'senough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 09:23 PM   #27

Response

Quote:
Originally Posted by homer1959 View Post
Do you really beleive that ?

You sounds like a politician , like everything can be fix with more and more money !!

We should expect more for our money not less. The pressure should go on them not us.

Horror story can be find on high end units, so money is not the issue here.

But hey nothing will change , the customers seems to be happy, and on top of that,they even find excuses for the industry ...... Being in the industry , I would talk with my friends and raise the price of our unit by 2k ..... we would sell the same amount of units without changing one thing to the quality, and guess what....we would sell the same amount of unit....

I am definitely not a politician...actually a retired Engineer. So I definitely understand quality, craftsmanship, and "light duty" construction techniques. I don't mind light duty, if it is "sturdy/strong"... just look at airplane construction. And yes I do think that one can get better quality, craftsmanship and heavier duty construction by buying a "higher end" more costly trailer. I know, because we looked around quite a bit before we settled on the 29.5 HT 5th. wheel. We made the decision to go with a medium cost unit, and for what we paid it is basically an OK trailer.
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 06:48 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
I am definitely not a politician...actually a retired Engineer. So I definitely understand quality, craftsmanship, and "light duty" construction techniques. I don't mind light duty, if it is "sturdy/strong"... just look at airplane construction. And yes I do think that one can get better quality, craftsmanship and heavier duty construction by buying a "higher end" more costly trailer. I know, because we looked around quite a bit before we settled on the 29.5 HT 5th. wheel. We made the decision to go with a medium cost unit, and for what we paid it is basically an OK trailer.
So you are not a politician !! Good so you must be an honest man dont change LOL

My beef is not really about the material used . My biggest problem is the poor workmanship, and that is unnaceptable. Allowing employees to rush thing to get free times is the receipe for disasters. Its always cheaper to do something right the first time, they must spend a fortune on warranty claim, and it doesnt seems to bother them.......imagine then the profit made on each unit !!

The lack of QC is even worse..... but hey I understand your analogy to the light construction and airplane, Im just happy that my Whitehawk isnt flying ....

However at the rates of warranty claim that I have Im confident that my WH will fly apart in a short period of time...

Ford F 150 Ecoboost Tow Max 3.73 2014

Equalizer hitch 1000/10000
homer1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 03:09 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by norty1 View Post
Mine have done the job very well for 5 years.
Mine also.
troutslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 08:10 AM   #30
Lost in the Woods

Drifter

Ask him if it's his money and if they had his got five months and owe you 500.00 if that is how he feels
My garage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 03:20 AM   #31

It is beyond me why folks are not capable of running a bead of silicon on the bottom of the shower door track. Yep...ours was without a seal too, first time I took a shower I saw water in the floor and next morning went to the dollar store and bought a tube of clear silicon, ran a bead and problem solved. It's the small things like that I don't understand why you see a post griping about that, probably took longer to type the gripe than to fix it. Not mentioning dragging it to a dealer...

I haven't experienced any loose trim, but if I do,I have a brad gun....
2002 Dodge 2500
2019 Ram 3500
Kevin and Beth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 05:50 AM   #32

For me, it is the principle that is more important than a simple fix that I could do. It just doesn't seem right to pay $60K for a unit that, after gone through the dealer prep, has encountered so many things to fix. I understand that all RVs have more moving parts than most anything else a person buys, but, they are supposed to me made for that specific type of use. Again, it is the principle of it not being right for all the money spent to purchase it. Just my two cents.
Old 11-04-2016, 06:20 AM   #33

I have seen many buildings be built then handed over to the owner with many problems. No different, some of these are multi-million dollar facilities. have you never had or heard of someone that had automobile issues during warranty period? I'm not trying to stick up for them, I agree with you, there should never be anything wrong with anything when it is purchased, but, we the people, are involved like it or not.
Old 11-04-2016, 11:24 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReelCool View Post
Amen. I was once told, expect for something each trip to go wrong and you will not be disappointed.
If that were true, I would give up rv'ing. If problems continued each time out, it would be long gone.

Becky, Bob and Taylie & Bode
2009 Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison
2014 Heartland Sundance XLT 245RL
His and Hers Polaris 570 Touring ATV's
2018 Polaris General 1000
Bobx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 03:30 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by spepi View Post
This is my list of issues I have noted this summer. I am dropping off on Oct 11 for warranty work to be completed.

1. Gray/Black tank valve seeps past the gate. After dumping at a campground, and we leave and get home, I leave my clear elbow on so I can see in there. It fills up and dumps out when the cap is taken off. I purchased a twist on gate valve to stop this from filling and dumping on me when I go to hook up. It works, but I think the main valve is bad. ( I see other people on the Jayco groups forums with this model have the same issue)
Update - Techs opened the belly, and it turns out the last 6' section of pipe to the drains is completely level, so the waste water sits there and doesn't come out until you've been driving with the unit. No fix because it goes through the frame and there is no way to change the pitch

2. Awning sags a lot in the middle. I know its 21' long, but it doesn't seem to have any tension, leaving a big saggy area. Also on the awning, when opening all the way, the flap that hangs down almost ends up on the top, so I am not sure if it was put on wrong. I have to close it up a bit so it is vertical, which the sag is worse.
Update - Dometic said there is nothing wrong. I pointed out how I put the brace on the center of the awning, by mounting to the camper. Service manager told me the warranty is void on that wall.

3. The shower door at the base is not silicone enough so water ends up under the track.

4. Shower enclosure feels very soft near the drain.

5. Bathroom floor is very creaky. Leveled or not, it creaks.

Update on 3, 4, 5 - Resealed shower door, and firmed up floor and shower floor at drain.

6. Main living quarters slide seems to struggle at times closing and opening. Its very squeaky when opening and closing.

Treated the rubber gaskets

7. Outside fridge doesn't get very cold. When its been on for days at the coldest setting, it only gets to about 42 degrees for the coldest.

Update - Confirmed fridge doesn't get cold. Waiting on replacement

8. Hot water heater doesn't keep water hot while on propane. It will turn on to start but after sitting for hours and you try to use hot water it comes out Luke warm and the pilot doesn't relight to maintain temp. I am forced to use electric hot water element. I found that the gas wont light unless the door to the hot water heater on the outside is open.(Almost like there is an air restriction)

Update - New pilot, valve and adjustment

9. Toilet doesn't hold water in the basin after flushing. It seeps down leaving it empty. I actually watched this happen. Toilet seat is crooked, and I noticed there is a broken support under the seat causing it to bend.

Resealed gasket

10. All speakers sound terrible. Outside speakers are not usable as you cant turn them up without crackling. This just may be the nature of them, but they all sound like they are blown.

So they told me inside sounded fine, which that was a lie, but whatever. They replaced the outdoor speaker (Free of charge?) That was weird to hear. How about warranty

11. Bathroom vent leaks when open and its raining out. It leaks down the sides to the floor and puddles. This happens when the rain isn't even coming down hard. It concerns me because if the vent is open, and we leave the camper, and it starts raining, we will come home to a puddle on the floor.
Update - Jayco said there is nothing wrong with the vent. Its by design that it leaks when its open and raining out. Wait, what? You cant even put a vent cover on this model of vent. I went out and purchased my own Maxxair 7500 roof vent. Install to come in the future when the warm weather is back.

My Mods Page
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...ods-35390.html
spepi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 10:10 PM   #36

We had same issue w Samsung convection microwave. Turntable off would light up. Then fan would turn on itself and light too. Jayco is replacing it.