Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-28-2014, 07:08 AM   #11
Originally Posted by Paintinfool3 View Post
Well I usually first drain everything with the pump off and faucets open ... Thru the low point drains out under the camper. Then I open the relief valve on hot water heater and pull the lower drain plug on it and let it drain. I then close all faucets leaving the plug out of water heater I begin to pump antifreeze by turning the pump on for a few seconds and then turn it off and check to see that a little antifreeze has come out of the water heater drain... I close the water heater check valve and put plug back in it then go back in and bypass the heater. Then I turn pump back on and starting with the closest faucet run the hot and cold until they both run pink... Moving to other faucets ,shower and toilet .... And if the antifreeze jug runs out I put another on and open a faucet to get it to begin priming ... After I have run all faucets and I know I have antifreeze from running them in my j pipes I switch my pump inlet hose back to the tank inlet and call it done .... I don't think I am missing anything but I am sure someone will let you know if I am lol
I started much like that only followed with blowing out everything then pumping the pink through everything starting with the ODK and forward. I then went another step further and blew it all back out and into the traps and tanks. Took 4 gallons, but that is due to my expansion tank and filter holding alot upon initial prime.

The big hang up was the pump priming. Have to remember to let the pressure out on the other side to get it going.

2014 375 BHFS Eagle Premier
2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW CC
6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
3'senough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 08:12 AM   #12
My dealer advised me to pour all of the needed antifreeze into one container and set the container up off the ground so that the pump does not have to lift the liquid as high. I just set the container in the outside storage area next to the water manifold valves- works for me.

2014 Eagle Premier 361REQS
2013 Ford F350 Crew w/ 6.7 diesel
sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 03:17 PM   #13
I goofed mine up. Didn't have filter reservoir tight and it pumped antifreeze all over the pump and area where the pump sits. Hope I didn't do any damage to all electrical connections there.

2015 Jayco 375BHFS Eagle Premier 5th Wheel
2013 F350 6.7L diesel w/16K slider hitch
Grampa Fred is offline   Reply With Quote