Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-02-2017, 10:05 PM   #1

Purchasing a 28.5 RSTS

Wife and I pulled the trigger and traded our 2015 Whitehawk 29REKS on a 2017 HT 28.5RSTS. We felt It was a pretty good deal and had everything we needed in the new unit. I have also ordered a B&W PATRIOT 16K for the 5th wheel hitch on my 2015 F250 Super duty CC. Pick it up in 2 weeks and dealer asked us to stay in their campground for at least two nights so if their are some issues they can be taken care of then and there. Drove 200 miles but very pleased with this dealer in Carthage Mo. They are super good people and no pressure which really made us feel at home
Old 07-02-2017, 10:53 PM   #2

The best RV is the one you love to be in. Best wishes in the new digs.
ScottyLast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 06:40 AM   #3

We have the 2016 of your camper and we love ours! Couldn't be happier. Congratulations on your new purchase!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
clarche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 09:56 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Step View Post
Wife and I pulled the trigger and traded our 2015 Whitehawk 29REKS on a 2017 HT 28.5RSTS. We felt It was a pretty good deal and had everything we needed in the new unit. I have also ordered a B&W PATRIOT 16K for the 5th wheel hitch on my 2015 F250 Super duty CC. Pick it up in 2 weeks and dealer asked us to stay in their campground for at least two nights so if their are some issues they can be taken care of then and there. Drove 200 miles but very pleased with this dealer in Carthage Mo. They are super good people and no pressure which really made us feel at home
Congratulations on the new trailer, I have the same one and just love it. since you guys will be staying there a couple of days and the dealership sounds like they are willing to take good care of you I wanted to share something with you. I had a problem with my trailer sitting nose high when hitch up to the truck and you will find that seems to be a problem with the eagle HT's. Also if you have the auto leveling system the rear jacks are very close to the ground when they are retracted all the way up and you are hitch up to the truck. Keep in mind you want to try to keep min 6" between the top of your truck bed rail and the bottom of your fifth wheel over hang.
My trailer came with 225/75r15 tires and I switched them to 235/85r16 to get some lift in the rear of the trailer. My axles were already flip but my leaf springs were in the top holes. I was able to move the four leaf springs into the lower holes to also gain more trailer height.
I did not realize that I would have this problem with this trailer when I bought it. It really all boils down to trying to level out the trailer when towing.
gorpie is offline   Reply With Quote