Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-12-2015, 07:58 PM   #1

Question for Owners of 361REQS or 36REQS w/ the L-Shape Couch

Has anyone who owns a 36REQS Pinnacle or 361REQS Eagle Premier that has the L-Shaped couch had an issue with the portion of the L shaped couch that overhangs the slide floor sagging so that when you bring in the dinette slide, the floor of the dinette slide hits the side of the couch instead of going under the couch? That caused the dinette slide to push out the couch slide.

If you have, what has been your resolution?

We've had this problem. When we contact Jayco customer service about it, their response was they hadn't heard of any issues with this floor plan. Though I have notices that Jayco no longer has the L-Shaped couch in the 361REQ North Point or the 36REQS Pinnacle.

Took it to the dealership thinking the slides might be out of alignment, but after checking the dealership said the slides were ok. They added more screws to the side of the couch feeling that would help keep the couch from sagging.

What we've been doing is to bring in the couch slide in first. Put boards (i.e., I use 1 x 4s wrapped in carpet) under the feet of the couch overhang (I do this to make sure the couch has sufficient clearance for the dinette slide floor to go underneath the couch and also so the couch doesn't sag). Then we bring in the dinette slide.

So far, this has worked. But I'm curious if anyone else has experience a similar issue and what they've done to resolve it.

Thanks for the feed-back.
Tom
Old 07-26-2015, 10:09 AM   #2

We have the 2014 361REQS with that sofa and we never had a problem The dinette is real close to the sofa when closed. You didn't by chance leave the dinette leaf in the table? That would definitely make the two collide on closing.
2013 GMC Sierra 2500 CC SB 4x4 Duramax
skijlw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 01:20 PM   #3
Site Team

We have the L shaped sofa in our 351RLTS and the instruction say to bring the OFF door slide in first, then the door side slide. It works perfect unless you do it the other way and the carpet bunches up against the sofa legs.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote