Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-10-2017, 09:29 AM   #1

Question Moreride3000 suspension 16 Eagle

Noticed a clicking sound when leveling camper. It was the Moreride plate that connects the leaf springs.Call the manufacturer they indicated the problem was the nylon bushing was worn out. Due to the fact they had no grease zert for the bolt an nylon bushing. They have a repair kit #YO12-016, much more heavy duty plus grease zerts. Anyone else having this problem.
Attached Thumbnails
Dead Horse 3-1.jpg  
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 09:42 AM   #2

Extremely common. The factory nylon bushings fail quickly, then the bolt wears into the leaf springs or shackles or equalizers. What I do is install a heavy duty wet bolt kit but use never fail bushings. Than I grease them once or twice a season.

If this issue is left go, it will eventually cause a suspension failure as the bolts will wear till they fail or the bolts will wear through the shackle or equalizers and fail.

Earl
Mopar_Earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 09:51 AM   #3

Is that the kit from Moreride? If so do they have the bushings?Thanks a lot that's great information to get around!
Old 03-10-2017, 10:25 AM   #4

You can get the heavy duty wet bolt kits from from different manufacturers. Morryde, Dexter, Lippert, etc. Lippert makes the never fail bushings. Make sure it's the lit with the extra thick shackle links. You can use the metal bushings in the kits or get the never fail bushings. I recommend the never fail bushings over the metal.

Earl
Old 03-10-2017, 10:45 AM   #5

I'll listen closer next time! I thought the noise I hear when leveling was just the usual leaf spring sounds.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 11:02 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanAZ View Post
I'll listen closer next time! I thought the noise I hear when leveling was just the usual leaf spring sounds.
I'm wondering about that too.

My rig has had that clicking noise when leveling since NEW. I don't think the noise is from worn out bushings.

I plan to replace with the Mor-Ryde Wet bolt kit this spring.

I would be interested if someone else did the upgrade and noticed the noise go away.
Pull Rite SuperGlide #4100 Hitch w/Mor-Ryde Pin Box
dalebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 01:25 PM   #7

The noise is the dry nylon bushings. Once you go wet bolts, you won't have any noise.

Earl
Old 03-10-2017, 02:40 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopar_Earl View Post
The noise is the dry nylon bushings. Once you go wet bolts, you won't have any noise.

Earl
X2
Old 03-10-2017, 02:41 PM   #9

Discovered that our bushings are gone also.......waiting on warranty decision now
Attached Thumbnails
20170221_171324233_iOS.jpg   20170221_173605474_iOS.jpg  
2015 Jayco Sesimic 4212 Extreme Weather Package, Dual Pane Windows, Side and rear Patios, 480 watt Zamp Solar Pkg, 6 - 6 volt AGM batteries, Residential Fridge, custom Dishwasher, 5500 watt Onan and lot of problems.
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/m...albums843.html Check this out.
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...s-34672-3.html
Loboclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 02:42 PM   #10

You can easily tell which trailers have wet bolt suspension vs without. Without they creak and crack and pop.

Earl
Old 06-26-2017, 03:29 PM   #11

Moryde 3000

Quote:
Extremely common. The factory nylon bushings fail quickly, then the bolt wears into the leaf springs or shackles or equalizers. What I do is install a heavy duty wet bolt kit but use never fail bushings. Than I grease them once or twice a season.

If this issue is left go, it will eventually cause a suspension failure as the bolts will wear till they fail or the bolts will wear through the shackle or equalizers and fail.

Earl
Mine are still under warranty, are these the ones you installed? Very difficult? Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Shackle upgrade.jpg  
Old 06-27-2017, 10:47 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreinv View Post
Mine are still under warranty, are these the ones you installed? Very difficult? Thanks
X2
Archie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 11:05 AM   #13

Moryde 3000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loboclone View Post
Discovered that our bushings are gone also.......waiting on warranty decision now
Whats the decision about, Jayco should be glad you didn't crash!
Attached Thumbnails
Sunset.jpg  
Old 07-10-2017, 06:52 AM   #14

Quote:
You can get the heavy duty wet bolt kits from from different manufacturers. Morryde, Dexter, Lippert, etc. Lippert makes the never fail bushings. Make sure it's the lit with the extra thick shackle links. You can use the metal bushings in the kits or get the never fail bushings. I recommend the never fail bushings over the metal.

Earl
So is the Morryde 3000 equalizer compatible with lipperts never fail suspension kit??
Ela1948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 08:34 AM   #15

I've had our 2017 325bhqs since march and I notice the creaking/popping sounds much more now when I level the camper. I'm going to add the wet bolts and never fail bushings to my end of year maintenance list. Anyone have exact kit part numbers (links) to share for the morryde 3000 suspension?

As for installation do you just use the leveling jacks to raise one side up while you work on it so you can remove the wheels? Once the wheels are removed, do you need to jack up the leaf springs to do the work? I guess I should google a YouTube video of someone doing this work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sean.harp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 09:30 AM   #16

I ordered this for now and will figure out the installation part once it's not 1000 degrees outside.

MORryde UO12-016 Heavy Duty Shackle Upgrade Kit, CRE3000 / Stock / Equaflex 2.25" Shackles - Tandem Axle https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007HRICH2..._V15yzb9WSZGZA

Old 07-10-2017, 09:59 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanAZ View Post
When auto leveling I put my fingers on the shackle on the drivers side.Could feel the grinding noise through the shackle.Called Morryde they confirmed the bushings were bad by our description. And also confirmed they only provide those plastic bushings as a JAYCO's requirement!I first thought it was the rear jack grinding.
Attached Thumbnails
Lake Plesant.jpg  
Old 07-10-2017, 10:05 AM   #18

Morryde 300 Suspension Upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean.harp View Post
I've had our 2017 325bhqs since march and I notice the creaking/popping sounds much more now when I level the camper. I'm going to add the wet bolts and never fail bushings to my end of year maintenance list. Anyone have exact kit part numbers (links) to share for the morryde 3000 suspension?

As for installation do you just use the leveling jacks to raise one side up while you work on it so you can remove the wheels? Once the wheels are removed, do you need to jack up the leaf springs to do the work? I guess I should google a YouTube video of someone doing this work.

Have a pic from Morryde!I think Jayco would like us under warranty to do upgrade at our expense.Then they bail out on warranty!Not sure on install let me know what you find out? Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Shackle upgrade.jpg  
Old 07-10-2017, 10:25 AM   #19

I would pursue this through Camping World and the warranty process, but those guys (at least the Woodstock, GA location) are SO SLOW. I really don't want to be without my camper for 2 months, so I'll get the appropriate jack stands and do the work myself. I've read the installation manual and it doesn't really seem too crazy... you just have to have the appropriate jack stands to take the weight off the springs one axle at a time. The auto-leveling system should be able to get the tires off the ground without any problem.
Old 07-10-2017, 11:59 AM   #20

I think the part that angers is that this is like a $75 upgrade to the moryde 3000 and they chose not to include it. Think of how much warranty work they could avoid if they spent another $75 per unit. Makes no sense.