Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-06-2012, 02:09 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorj View Post
I am sorry I have no pictures and my camper is in storage for the winter. I own a 2010 365 BHS. I have the same issue with the poor airflow in the bunk area. A major problem is the vent in the bunk room, I bought a vent pillow and this helps stop the heat from above. The real problem is the main unit in the livingroom. I took off the A/C cover and made an air diverter out of a pizza box. I took the box and inserted in the A/C cover. The box is angled towards the rear vent intake, this causes all of the air to go to the back vents. This is improved my A/C 100%.
Camper 10
Ok, I get it now. I had the image of you stuffing an entire large pizza box somewhere.

Thanks.
Old 01-07-2012, 08:31 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3'senough View Post
Easiest thing for you to do is pull the cover and see what you have there. If there is a pocket or duct then you have your answer.

On another note you might possibly need 50A service to run both of those units safely. I have 50A service and some units come standard with this so I can add without issue.
Well, that's exactly what I did and I am very happy with what I saw. On both sides of the opening were taped up ducts. In the front of the opening was the 120V electrical AND the thermostat wire already run. The thermostat wire runs from the opening down to where the slide out switch is.

From the way things look, and in my opinion, the very best would be to install the ducted A/C with thermostat AND with the Chill Grill. That would give me the additional capacity and the quick dump features if I needed to store meat in the bedroom!

The BHLT does have 50A already and the front A/C has it's own circuit.
nylyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 06:38 PM   #23

You're lucky, I do not have the ducts. I do have the wiring which I would rather have if I had to choose one of the other though. Are the ducts square or round 3" hose?

2014 375 BHFS Eagle Premier
2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW CC
6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
3'senough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 07:23 PM   #24

They are rectangular, one on each side of the vent opening. I was quite pleased that everything was there, that's the way I would build it, and they did!
nylyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 10:58 AM   #25

So it turns out that the duct work is run up to the back of the hatch but seperated by only 1-2" of foam that I can cut away and have a ducted A/C if I were to install a second one.

I was able to get a wire snake down to the hatch from my BR duct about 2ft away. I thought it dead ended at the duct.

2014 375 BHFS Eagle Premier
2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW CC
6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
3'senough is offline   Reply With Quote