Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-23-2017, 02:27 PM   #1

Questions about my trailer

We took possession of our 2017 Pinnacle 38FLSA a couple of days ago. Love the trailer and the layout. Once again I was underwhelmed by the walk through and the documentation. There is nothing special about this trailer. It came from the factory built the way it is. Why isn't there anyone who knows how the different features work, and how to maintain them. The owner's manual speaks of the Pinnacle model in general, but not to our particular version. So, I have a few questions which I'm hoping someone out there will have the answers.

1. The picture is of the macerator pump and valve. From what I see it appears that when using the pump there will be a quantity of liquid which will gather between the gravity valve and the junction of the pipe. Is this true? If so, then if draining uphill or some other less than ideal location it must not be possible to collect the rest of the liquid. What do others do?

2. The trailer is equipped with G rated tires. the decal on the side of the trailer lists tire pressure as 110psi. This is the max for the tires. Is that the amount I should have in there? Dealer put 90psi in them.

3. There are connections for a washer. I have no plans to use this feature in the foreseeable future. Are there valves anywhere to shut off so I don't have to worry about winterizing? Nothing is obvious to me.

4. There is an onboard generator which is propane powered. There are 3 propane tanks. Two of them are connected to each other with a standard regulator. The third is on the other side of the trailer and has its own regulator. No one was able to tell me if this tank ties into the other two, and if so where. Or if there is a cutoff valve.

This has been my history with dealers trying to explain the products they sell. It's frustrating.
Thanks for any info you might have.

Jim
Attached Thumbnails
macerator.jpg   Tire Pressure.jpg  
Old 07-23-2017, 02:44 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtdawg View Post
...snip
2. The trailer is equipped with G rated tires. the decal on the side of the trailer lists tire pressure as 110psi. This is the max for the tires. Is that the amount I should have in there? Dealer put 90psi in them.
...snip
Are the tires on the decal the same size as on the trailer? If so, then, yes, they should have 110psi in them.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 03:19 PM   #3

2. It's interesting that the sticker says the tires are LT. What tire is installed? The dealer may not have the compressor to put more than 90psi, my local Discount Tire can't do more than 80. Like oldman says, I'd put the 110 in.

3. Our 351 has washer cut off valves on the ceiling in the basement.

4. I'd guess the lone LP tank feeds the genny, but that's just a guess. Turn the single off and double on and see what doesn't light, then reverse. Our dealer was about the same, they knew how the major/basic things worked but had limited knowledge specific to our unit.

Congrats on the new Pinnacle. Hope you see many happy miles!

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 04:44 PM   #4
Site Team

My 351 has valves in the large front compartment that feed the washer, same as RedHorse 1. They can be turned off and left off but when you winterize, they should be opened to allow the pipes to drain when winterizing.

That will be a whole nother learning procedure.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 08:39 AM   #5

1. Yes, you are correct in that you will have a small amount of liquid left when using the macerator. Hopefully you are dumping the black first and rinsing with the grey meaning, the only liquid left is grey and it is a very small amount. Two options, connect your sewer line and dump as normal or, just open the main valve and let drop to the ground. It is only grey water.
2. "G" rated tires should be filled to 110 psi as instructed by the tire manufacturer. Those are a good set of tires.
3. I would not concern myself about any shut off valves for the washer other than the one you see at the hook-up point. Your concern about them is for winterizing. You should be using your low point drains when you winterize and that will take care of all the water lines.
4. The passenger side propane tank is mainly for the gen setup. It is a stand alone regulated tank. Not sure if it is connected to the two others.
5. Contact Jayco via phone or e-mail, list your VIN and ask the questions. They will comply. Happy Camping, SKIDAWG
Skidawg is offline   Reply With Quote